Micro 619: House M.D. Mafia - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Micro 619: House M.D. Mafia - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:00 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

MAFIA

Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital List of Doctors - Diagnostics Division:

Charloux!
Titus
House
Kop!!!
DrippingGoofball
Heartless (Hydra of Antihero and TellTaleHeart)
Creature!
Shadow Dancer
Malakittens
BTD6_Maker
Frozen Angel

! - Prodded. Three !s equal being subject to replacement.

Spoiler: Currently Practicing Medicine: 5/9
Titus
DrippingGoofball
Creature
Shadow Dancer
Frozen Angel

Spoiler: Terminated:
BTD6_Maker - Dr. Christopher Taub - Vanilla Townie (Plastic Suregry)
Heartless - Dr. James Wilson - Vanilla Townie (Oncology)
Malakittens - Dr. Robert Chase - Vanilla Townie (Intensive Care)
House - Dr. Allison Cameron - Vanilla Townie (Immunology)

The Following Is A Sample PMImage

In this game, you are Dr. Jessica Adams, a vanilla townie! You've spent time with Dr. House. You notice how his reputation precedes him. You also notice how he doesn't play by his rules. You know he's unorthodox and doesn't play by the rules, but he gets his results and you know that you could learn something from him.

Your powers are:
- Your vote! As a vanilla townie, your job is to find those tampering with the hospital's reputation and helping them to lose your job!
- A subspecialty in prison medicine! You work with people - dangerous people. When you use tranquilizers or restraints, you're more likely to learn something about the patient.
- You also aren't actually even in the game, so you're no one! (And no, you're not Arya Stark.)
Last edited by KuroiXHF on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:50 am, edited 19 times in total.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:06 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Game Rules:

General Gameplay:[/b]

- In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
- As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, at a bare minimum, to keep the game moving.
- If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
- Prods of missing players will be issued after 48 hours of no activity. Any player who fails to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded may be replaced.
- No prods will be issued during Night
- A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
- You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
- There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.

During the Day:

- Each Day will have a two week deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
- A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
- Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
- Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
- Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
- The only votes I accept are bolded votes (
Vote: KuroiXHF
) or the conventional vote code (VOTE: KuroiXHF) Votes that don't comply with those two formats may be ignored.
- It is unnecessary to unvote before you vote someone else.
- As a general rule: If Masquerade or I, the mods, think it's a vote, we will treat it as a vote.

During the Night:

- Each Night will have a 72-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
- If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
- Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
- Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

Miscellaneous:

- Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
-
This color (#00bfff)
and all similar colors in text is reserved for the Mods. In other words, only Masquerade or myself may use them. If you are using this color, it will be seen as impersonating a mod.
- No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if we can't read it, don't post it).
- You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
- If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
- Masquerade and I are human. Therefore, we may make mistakes. Please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected when possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mods sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
- Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.

The Golden Rule:

- Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

(These rules were mostly borrowed from Quaroath with minor modifications.)
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:28 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Game Setup:

This is a game based off the television series, House M.D. In this game, your ability to find scum isn't the only thing on the line... Your ability to correctly diagnose and treat the patient may also save your job!

In this mafia game, there is no worry about being killed - only the loss of your job. The board has been made aware of horrendous crimes against the hospital that could possibly lose funding and medical certification. Each day period, the board of trustees will vote to terminate one doctor. During the night, those with interests to discredit Dr. Gregory House and those who protect him will try to frame doctors and have them fired.

But the board also favors doctors who are good at their jobs. Masquerade and I, the mods, will play as Doctor Gregory House. We will present to you each day period a new patient and their symptoms. All players will offer a suggestion and the recommended treatment. (Ex: "I believe this is autoimmune. I'd put the patient on steroids.") If you successfully diagnose and treat the patient first, you will be liked and it would take one extra vote to terminate you. If your actions end up killing the patient, you would be considered hated and it would take one extra vote to terminate you.

If you do something that doesn't make sense, causes damage to the hospital or is foreseeable as a bad idea, you may be sent for Clinic Duty. Clinic Duty means you don't get to ask your patient two questions or perform an action. You effectively lose a turn.

Speaking of turns, Here is the anatomy of a turn:
- Ask Two Questions
- Perform An Action

What is an action?
- A procedure
- A surgery
- An examination
- A heart to heart conversation where if you tell us what you want to know and your plan to go about doing it, you'll have a lot more opportunity for getting an answer.
- Administering medicine.
- Finding out something that isn't common knowledge. *
- Checking their house/work for environmental causes. **

* - Common knowledge is free. I can't list every piece of common knowledge because that is unfeasible. However, if the patient's eye color seems relevant enough to you, you can ask me and I'll tell you. That won't count as a question. However, going into someone's eye and finding out some sort of defect that causes an eye color is NOT common knowledge.

** - Checking someone's house counts as one question. You'll tell what a normal person would find unless you specify. However, analyzing the results counts as another action. So if you suspect your patient's suffering from mold and you want to check their house, collecting a sample and testing it counts as two actions.

Formatting Your Questions/Actions

BOLD
it. If it's not bolded, there's a chance we may not see it.
2. If it's a question, begin by saying QUESTION:. If it's an action, begin by saying ACTION:

Failure to do either of these runs you the risk of us not seeing your questions/action.

Future rules to keep in mind:
- Only type of medicine or procedures will be needed. You can say, "I'll give my patient antibiotics." You don't have to say, "I'm giving my patient amoxicilin."
- You needn't worry about dosages. Assume that each administration of drugs will be the reasonable amount.
- If there are negative side-effects, assume that it's because you gave them the wrong medication - not that you gave them the wrong amount.
- Anything that other doctors do is public knowledge. If another player, during his experimentation, learned that the patient does not have meningitis, you also know that.
- For the sake of making everything easier, don't worry about worrying about what others doctors do that would afflict your patient. If a different doctor prescribes a certain kind of medication, don't worry about prescribing a conflicting kind of medication. For the purposes of this game, what you do to your patient is only based on what you do.
- The diagnoses will most likely be something you've heard of before. You won't hear "Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis" But staph infection, pneumonia, and mold exposure exist within the realm of possibility.
- Vote counts will attempt to be performed on a consistent basis. Right now, we're aiming for approximately every twelve hours. Still, please understand that we do more than just play Mafia for a living, so it won't be perfect. But again - we'll try.
- Neither Masquerade or I are doctors, but we do our homework. With that said, we still may mistake. Please understand that we're just researching to tell you the answers to the tests you perform. We still do our due diligence to trying to make this as scientifically accurate as possible.
Last edited by KuroiXHF on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Masquerade »

With enough doctors finally showing up to work (confirmed) we can begin our first case:

Name of patient: Mrs Appleby
Height and weight are average 1.65m and 60kg
Reason of admittance: broken arm
Prior illnesses: Asthma
Medications: Seretide (salmeterol) inhaler for the asthma, uses Ventolin (salbutamol) inhaler when out of breath/having flares.
Temp when admitted: normal
BP and pulse when admitted: slightly elevated
Tox screen clear of all recreational drugs and alcohol

House: Good morning doctors, we have a new case.

Dr. Malakittens: Morning House, what do we got?

House: A woman came in this morning with a broken arm.

Dr. Kop: A broken arm? But we don't treat those?

House: No we do not.

Dr. Charloux: So what's wrong with her?

House: What's wrong with her is that she has a terrible husband. He couldn't wait to get out of the hospital and kept pushing his wife around. He joked about her clumsiness but didn't seem to find it funny at all.

Dr. Heartless: How do you know that? You don't interact with patients, what were you even doing in the ER?

House makes exaggerated flabbergasted face at Dr. Heartless.

Dr. Heartless: You were avoiding Cuddy, of course. Did you take this case to keep busy?

House: Maybe. But there's definitely something wrong with our patient, someone doesn't just get clumsy overnight. I believe she arrived in her room so you better go see her now.

It is now Day 1, you may start voting and diagnosing your patient.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:23 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Day One - Vote Count 1Charloux - (0/5) -
House - (0/5) -
Kop - (0/5) -
Heartless - (0/5) -
Creature - (0/5) -
Shadow Dancer - (0/5) -
Malakittens - (0/5) -
BTD6_Maker - (0/5) -
Frozen Angel - (0/5) -

Not Voting: Charloux, House, Kop, Heartless, Creature, Shadow Dancer, Malakittens, BTD6_Maker, Frozen Angel

With nine alive, it takes five to lynch!

Deadline: (expired on 2016-06-28 18:30:00)
Last edited by KuroiXHF on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Malakittens »

Well at least she's not in shock <3~

VOTE: house.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Heartless

This is a bad sign.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Malakittens »

Also we don't know what medications she's allergic too, or any type of medical history other than the asthma. Btw on a note we should stay away from giving her any type of aspirin related medications.

I think I'm overthinking this, but hey that's just me~

We don't have to use a question for this, but we can discuss whether or not we should get more.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Creature »

I think she'll need an arm surgery, not sure if we should use asthma medication first as her current state is normal.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Creature »

In post 3, Masquerade wrote:BP and pulse when admitted: slightly elevated
Oh nvm.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:41 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Mod Note: FYI, I'll be updating this on the main rules page, but PLEASE. If you're going to ask a question or use an action, do both of these things.

BOLD it.
If it's not bolded, there's a chance we may not see it.
2. If it's a question, begin by saying QUESTION:. If it's an action, begin by saying ACTION:

Failure to do either of these runs you the risk of us not seeing your questions/action.

To thank you all for your time and attention, you walk into the office and found House doing this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RFFfwAqaf4
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Malakittens »

No, unless there's an asthma attack present there's no need to use it.

Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Okay...
vote Heartless

Because waggon.
also, not quite sure how long turns are, so before I forget.
Search patient's home, look for sources of toxins, any signs of drug abuse and check the kitchen for her died.
Ask her, how exactly she broke her arm.
Also ask her, what she thinks about her husband making fun of her and how long that's been going on (both the making fun and the clumsiness).

I guess the ER have taken care of the broken arm just fine. If not, some one should maybe issue a complaint!

Okay, that's it for now, more tomorrow night, I am going to bed right now, good night every one.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Also, assume that I don't ask her straight out how long "she's been clumsy". I'd like to be a bit more subtle than that, just ask her how long thins like the thing that broke her arm have been happening to her, something along those lines.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

oh god so I need to learn how to cure people in this game?!

this is gonna be hard :/

VOTE: Malakittens
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 6, Creature wrote:VOTE: Heartless

This is a bad sign.
ur so inventive and original. no ones ever thought of that before good job.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Heartless »

meters and kilograms?

what are we, communists?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

this is how we measure stuff in europe

are we communists?

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

siriously what was that all about

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Heartless »

preliminary guess: the broken arm is the result of the husband being abusive and the real stuff is in the tachycardia + hypertension + whatever the fucks going on in her chest
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Creature »

KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I forgot that Masquerade isn't American. For those of you who don't know metric, the patient is about 132 lbs and 5'3"ish.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Heartless »

QUESTION: how long have you been taking the meds for your asthma?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Heartless »

QUESTION: have you ever broken any bones before today and if so when and how many times?

(i'm just assuming that obvious, logical follow ups / calls for a more detailed answer count as 1 question.)
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Heartless »

bold so you dont miss it.

QUESTION: have you ever broken any bones before today and if so when and how many times?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”