Micro 690: Every Vote Counts (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In general, I'd say that the scum did much better than the town here. They got a bit lucky with killing some of town's most powerful roles (TTTT called the scumteam, got died for it, and unfortunately couldn't be protected due to being the Doctor; Charloux was intended to have a confirmable role that's highly likely town in this setup), but more importantly, they had enough skill to avoid suspicion pretty much all game. (Towards the end of the game, Not_Mafia pretty much admitted being scum. So why not vote for him, rather than who you thought his buddy was?) Meanwhile, town didn't really do a whole lot of scumhunting at all, meaning that they didn't have much chance to force the scum out of hiding.

It's worth mentioning that there's a hidden mechanic that the scum knew about, but the town didn't (because it would have confirmed way too many people as town for the setup to be balanced if it were public); if scum "got lucky" with the lynch without being able to persuade at least one townie to vote along with them, they lost their nightkill for the night. This made relying on luck with the kill as scum somewhat risky (although it ultimately didn't matter, both because they avoided even the chance of triggering it most days, and because town didn't manage a successful protection). In general, if town had played more actively, forcing players to be more differentiated, aiming the protections (of which there were quite a few) would have been easier.

The scum roles weren't really designed to be all that useful for scum (although Nahdia played theirs very well!), but rather to prevent them being caught out by setup speculation / massclaim (several town roles in this setup, like the Triplevoter, were necessary for structural reasons, and scum needed a fairly convincing way to dodge a massclaim). That said, one of the scum managed to survive to endgame entirely unclaimed, and with no votes on him, which is fairly crazy in a role madness setup.

By the way, I was worried that with the general lack of activity, Day 3 would end due to deadline (it pretty much had a Blitz deadline; I rolled a pretty short deadline), but the end-day consensus happening first came as a surprise. Good thing I happened to check the thread!
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

This game ended on page 10!
No wonder town didn't have a chance!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

To be fair, almost none of the town members that were alive were putting in any effort.

Also CFJ, while you can say "you should have lynched NM" i don't really agree because i see no reason for a neighborizer in this setup to be scum, seems like a poor balancing decision in my opinion.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 154, TTTT wrote:prediction #1: scum will win this game
prediction #2: it won't get to page 40
prediction #3: at least one of NM and Nahdia is scum
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:36 am

Post by Nahdia »

haha, nice! fun game guys. good reads TTTT :p
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:36 am

Post by Nahdia »

oh and yeah im fine with the scum PT being released.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

As am I
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

im just going to go and cry in a corner for a bit
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:58 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 252, JasonWazza wrote:To be fair, almost none of the town members that were alive were putting in any effort.

Also CFJ, while you can say "you should have lynched NM" i don't really agree because i see no reason for a neighborizer in this setup to be scum, seems like a poor balancing decision in my opinion.
Neighbourizer isn't a role that's automatically seen as town, or shouldn't be. Also, NM wasn't a neighbourizer (you're thinking of Nahdia). NM didn't claim
at all

Actually, after the game started, I realised I'd screwed up by adding a scum neighbourizer because it makes scum too easy to catch by setup speculation (i.e. the scum neighbouriser was actually excessively townsided, rather than excessively scumsided). In the context of this setup, all the town roles (except possibly the Diarist, who was mostly there to confirm the Day 4 Dayvig as town) are more powerful than all the scum roles, which means that after a massclaim, there's actually only one way to build a balanced setup out of the roles that are likely to be claimed (as swapping roles between the scum and town sides would leave it scumsided). Additionally, a Town Neighbourizer would be blatant negative utility in a setup that has a Traffic Analyst; the presence of negative utility town roles is of course not impossible, but this setup clearly wouldn't be balanced with one. As such, it should have been possible to setup-speculate Nahdia as scum (which is something that I hadn't intended to be possible, and didn't realise was possible until after it was too late to change). There's also nothing scum can plausibly do about this, as pretending you're not a Neighbouriser is almost impossible.

Of course, what actually happened is that town didn't even massclaim, so the information that would have broken the setup wasn't there.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:37 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

i would have suspected Nahdia but the RK kill through me :/
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Radja »

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”