Micro 691: Just Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:27 am

Post by Darklyn »

oh wait yeah he is VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

okay now he's L-1
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 297, horrordude0215 wrote:AJ, going through your ISO has made me flip/flop my read on you like 10 times in the last 20 minutes, and that's really annoying. Can you please be either obvtown or obvscum for me?
You could definitely show me what's concerning you. If the game gets active, I can back off a bit and become pretty easy to read.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:36 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Cool, thanks Darklyn.

LUV you've been active on the site all day. Please Claim/post/do fucking
something
here by 10 PM PST tonight (approximately 8.5 hours from now) or it's hammer time.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:46 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Hey AJ, can you link me to your most recent town and scum games?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.11
CandidateCountVoters
Lil Uzi Vert
L−1
Maxous, Sobolev Space, Aj The Epic, Darklyn
Aj The Epic
L−3
Hiraki, Tenshii
Maxous
L−4
Toto
Hiraki
L−4
horrordude0215

Not voting:
Lil Uzi Vert

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Night will fall in (expired on 2017-03-22 23:20:00).
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Hiraki »

Do you guys know how many times LUV actively flakes from games?

Like - I really don't want to bring it up but since you're forcing my hand - LUV is not allowed to join games due to actively replacing out. If he's scum here, it's not because you guys did literally any scumhunting. It's not a bad D1 lynch but not by any means great either.
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Darklyn »

Not my first choice either but we've only got one day left and other players want it
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

It's not that it's not my first choice - it's not A choice for me.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Hiraki »

I would rather have myself be lynched than LUV. There's NOTHING to be gained. No matter how it flips, it's a scum gain. EVEN if he's scum.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:11 am

Post by Umlaut »

Prodding Lil Uzi Vert.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Darklyn »

In post 305, Hiraki wrote:t's not a bad D1 lynch but not by any means great either.
In post 308, Hiraki wrote:I would rather have myself be lynched than LUV. There's NOTHING to be gained. No matter how it flips, it's a scum gain. EVEN if he's scum.
??
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

In post 308, Hiraki wrote:I would rather have myself be lynched than LUV. There's NOTHING to be gained. No matter how it flips, it's a scum gain. EVEN if he's scum.
Please elaborate.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Hiraki »

What associations between LUV can you get? LUV hasn't said anything. That's the SINGLE reason why this wagon has grown up. Do you think LUV who is known to be dodgy overall is trying a new tactic of just NOT talking?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

There's a difference between being relatively inactive and completely ignoring that a game exists despite being active elsewhere on the site. The former is NAI, the latter is deliberate lurking.
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Darklyn »

In post 312, Hiraki wrote:What associations between LUV can you get? LUV hasn't said anything. That's the SINGLE reason why this wagon has grown up. Do you think LUV who is known to be dodgy overall is trying a new tactic of just NOT talking?
It gives some decent ones for AJ and Maxous
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I'll disagree with both of you but much more with horror than anything.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Besides Hiraki's view being objectively wrong, I think the case against luv goes beyond him flaking here.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=69502 Scum game

I THINK this is my most recent town game:
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=69969&start=1475
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

I just glanced through your ISO for those games and the 2 in your wiki. Aggressiveness definitely seems to be your meta, although I notice it slightly more in your scum game then town. You get to go back to nullread for the moment - congratulations!

It's cool that you're trying to beef up activity in the otherwise dead game, but as I said before, starting tunneling matches with a different player every few pages isn't conducive to town. If anything it lets scum lurk more easily.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 227, Toto wrote:This game has very low activity. It is going to be very hard for town to win in this environment. It is a 10 page game with a very close deadline on D1. Mafia has an easy job gliding through yhis.

Luv your playstyle has changed a lot lately. You are being more lurky. Effort is not alignment indicative but when all town makes an effort it makes it harder for mafia to blend in. Town has an easier job being town than mafia. If everyone makes an effort alignments will become more apparent.

Im going to wait until d2 to see if things improve otherwise I will replace out.
I understand your concern but I can assure you that I'm still the same player you know and love. One thing a lot of people don't know about me is that it's very easy for me to get disinterested and/or tune a game out over the smallest things. I've been lurking because of disinterest and my disinterest here is similar to how I played in 670. A big argument between two players became the center of discussion and players were forced to choose between the two because people couldn't put their ego to the side.

One way for me to get easily disinterested is when I know I'm right. I was super confident about Music Box being scum and I was pissed no one followed. I feel I'm right here and as a result, here we are.
In post 228, Toto wrote:Actually, LUV is my strongest town read after re-read.

LUV, work with me. I kind of want to lynch Hiraki. But it seems I always want to lynch Hiraki and I don't want to tunnel this game. I need your cool Rasta town logic.

Failing that I'd say lynch Tenshil for active lurking.
I think Hiraki is town. What's troubling you about him? What are your thoughts on how he responded to Horror's case?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 233, Aj The Epic wrote:Luv's only got townreads and I'd only count two of his posts as substance though.
What's the issue?
In post 241, Aj The Epic wrote:Toto, I still want to hear more about LuV. Because my soft conclusion has been he's probably the most likely scum right now (given his response in post , and post ).

Actually, thinking on it: LuV's conclusion in contradicts his conclusion in 173. If you're not clicking links, 173 is his "let's end the day now" post and 203 is his "I think Aj/Max is tvt" explanation, from his earlier statement that Tenshii/Max/Myself is tvtvt.

So in LuV's own progression he's showing a weakness of consistency, and his reads are, as I've stated, weak. Knowing you're on him being town, can you give me some reasons why I shouldn't help him get lynched today?
Again, what's the issue? I asked Horror what he was hoping to accomplish before putting you at L-1 because I believed he didn't intend to do anything except wait for a better lynch to come along. If you notice, he's still yet to answer that question and he only has engaged with me about mafia theory. All he's done since then is hopped on your bandwagon for a fairly weak reason. Now he's pushing me for lurking which is NAI.

The second post is me explaining why I town read you. I don't think I'm good enough to consistently sway entire towns yet so I haven't bothered to push that you shouldn't be lynched. The reality of the situation is that sometime around the end of the early game, it dawned on me that sadly one of you would have to be lynched in order to wake the other two up.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 288, Maxous wrote:#227
The guy lurks then gives out about low activity and threatens to replace out.
Again, likely town but just silly
Max, you do realize that one could argue that your read on Toto is just as shallow as you think my read on AJ is?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 300, Darklyn wrote:oh wait yeah he is VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

okay now he's L-1
In post 302, horrordude0215 wrote:Cool, thanks Darklyn.

LUV you've been active on the site all day. Please Claim/post/do fucking
something
here by 10 PM PST tonight (approximately 8.5 hours from now) or it's hammer time.
This site :lol:

I guess I'll claim. I'm a town protective PR.
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Darklyn »

UNVOTE:
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

In post 318, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I feel I'm right here and as a result, here we are.
You're really going to have to work to explain this one. What could you possibly feel you're right about here? The only read you've provided before this was that AJ was town - you've provided nothing of substance to even sort of make a case on anyone.
In post 319, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Again, what's the issue? I asked Horror what he was hoping to accomplish before putting you at L-1 because I believed he didn't intend to do anything except wait for a better lynch to come along. If you notice, he's still yet to answer that question and he only has engaged with me about mafia theory. All he's done since then is hopped on your bandwagon for a fairly weak reason. Now he's pushing me for lurking which is NAI.
So much is wrong with this post. I fully addressed why I didn't put AJ at L-1: because we still had a week until deadline, and short days benefit no one except scum. I fully expressed my scumread on AJ from my intro post, and the only reason I wasn't voting him before that was because my Hiraki read was stronger.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy this at all.

VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

Back to L-1 you go.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Horrordude are you CCing or do you just not buy his claim?

This is my first time playing a closed set up so I'm not entirely sure how to treat claims/when one should counterclaim. If anyone could give some guidelines on this that would be great.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”