Micro 693: The Simpsons Mafia II (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

This is Kent Brockman, live at the scene of yet another tragedy here at Springfield. With the crowds that are gathering here dwindling, Springfield has become a terror of a place.

The few fine individuals who are left are working their best at resolving their issue. I feel they have come very close to get to the bottom of the mysteries that have been occurring. They gathered around yet another person today, hoping that without this person Springfield can have a chance at returning to peace. Here are the details ladies and gentlemen.

Commknight, Ned Flanders,
Town One-Shot Neighborizer
, has been lynched Day 4!

Will everyone head home for today and gather again tomorrow to deliberate more? We'll let you know fol-

Huh? Who are you and what are you doing so close behind me? Wait. Wait! What are you doing? Don't, don't! - Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And as I lay there dying, I can just over hear a person above me say to another a few feet away, "I got your message sir, and I just couldn't resist your offer."

A faction has reached its win condition!

Edosurist, Krusty the Clown,
Mafia Goon
, has been endgamed Day 4.

Vaxkiller, Moe Szyslak,
One-Shot Daykill Serial Killer
, has been endgamed Day 4

Hiraki, Sideshow Bob,
Two-Shot Restricted Cult Leader
, has survived and won Day 4.

A Simple Plan, Barney Gumble,
Cult-Recruited One-Shot Roleblocker
, has survived and won Day 4.

Full setup, actions, PTs, thoughts, etc, incoming.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Had to wonder which one wasn't on my side - thought Vax was on my side tbh
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by CommKnight »

WHAT? How could town even WIN this??? So basically I was right about the majority of them but under assumed their power... It was impossible for town to win... We had what? a 1-shot roleblock, 1-shot neighbour, 1-shot cororner and 1-shot cult cop check... Yet not a single killing role. Against 2 mafia, 2 3rd party and 2 cult (well 2 once one of the four town was recruited).

Bastard game is one thing... UNWINNABLE is another.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Also @Vax... Looks like you needed to help me lynch Hiraki with Edo's help.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:21 pm

Setup and Role PMs

Charloux, Survivor (1-shot activated bulletproof) (mod note: this role is not considered "a threat to the town")
Spoiler: Role PM
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, Charloux!

You are
Kirk Van Houten
, Milhouse's father and factory worker. Ever since your wife Luann left you, you have not been the same man. You have grown jaded. However, at heart, you are still a coward, and fear death the most. Now that Springfield has become a danger-zone, your only goal has become to outlive and see the day when you can sit back and relax in peace. It really doesn't matter who comes out on top in all this chaos, as long as they leave you alone. Why can't they just understand that?

Role
: You are a
Survivor
!
Abilites
: You have a 1-shot activiated bulletproof vest. During the day, you may PM me stating you wish to activiate your vest. During that day alone, you will be protected from any attempts at killing you, barring a lynch.
Wincon
: You win if you survive to endgame (until any other faction achieves its wincon).

You know the following character and role is not in this game, and may use it as a fake-claim if you wish:

Character: Chief Clancy Wiggum
Role: Town 1-shot activated bulletproof

Please confirm by PM. Game thread is HERE.

Hiraki, Cult Leader (2 shot restricted attempt recruit) (can't recruit some who is "a threat to the town", can't have more than 2 people in this faction at once, doesn't get told if his recruit is successful, doesn't get outside communication, a shot is used upon attempt)
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, Hiraki!

You are
Sideshow Bob
, a criminal mastermind. The town being in chaos is the perfect opportunity for you. They are easier to convince, they are easier to manipulate. And a master of persuasion, you make your move. You shall no longer be humilated in life! You will take over this town, and finally get the revenge you seek.

Role
Cult Leader
!
Abilites
: You have 2-shot day attempted recruit. During the day
before day ends
you may PM me a recruit attempt. The following restrictions exist:
-You cannot recruit anyone that is a threat to the town.
-You cannot have more than 2 members (including you) in this faction at any given time.

You will not be told if a recruit attempt fails or not. Upon sending PM, and if recruit is successful, the person's wincon will change
the following day
(example Day 1 you PM sometime before day ends, day ends, then person is told). The person will be notified you are the Cult Leader.
Wincon
: You win if the cult ever reaches 50% or more of the population.

You know the following character and role is not in this game, and may use it as a fake-claim if you wish:

Character: Dr. Julius Hibbert
Role: 1-shot day doctor

Edosurist, Mafia Goon + 1 Shot Vanilla Town Mafia Poisoner (do not have factional kill, the day poisoner is 1-shot)
Spoiler: Role PMs
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, Edosurist!

You are
Krusty the Clown
, TV show clown host. Your show is falling apart! People have stopped watching, people have stopped caring at all. They are now more interested in rioting and fighting amongst themselves rather than sitting back, relaxing, and watching your wonderful show. Though most of the time you are lazy, this time you have decided to stand up and do something about it! You are your partner,
Mr. Teeny
, must survive, in hopes of seeing the day when your beloved show has outstanding ratings and viewership again. You will do anything to see that day.

Role
Mafia Goon
!
Abilites
: Your partner is
1 Shot Vanilla Town
. You have no abilites. You have no factional kill. Private Topic with you partner is located HERE.
Wincon
: You win if the mafia ever reaches 50% or more of the population.

Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, 1 Shot Vanilla Town!

You are
Mr. Teeny
, a smart monkey sidekick who appears on The Krusty the Clown Show. Now that the citizens of Springfield have begun to act like a bunch of apes and the town has fallen into chaos, no one is watching your show anymore! You and your trusted partner,
Krusty the Clown
, must survive, in hopes of seeing the day when your beloved show has outstanding ratings and viewership again. You will do anything to see that day, and even if it means using your skills as a trained monkey to infiltrate and sabotage another person.

Role
Mafia Poisoner
!
Abilites
: Your partner is
Edosurist
. You have a 1-shot poison ability. Anytime before day ends, you may PM me a poison attempt. If the attempt is successful, the person dies at the beginning of the next day. You have no factional kill. Private Topic with you partner is located HERE.
Wincon
: You win if the mafia ever reaches 50% or more of the population.

Vaxkiller, Serial Killer (1-shot day ending day kill)
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, Vaxkiller!

You are
Moe Szyslak
, owner of Moe's Tavern. The apocalypse is coming, you feel it. Springfield has descended into utter chaos. No more being Mr. Nice Guy for you, it's only you on your own man. You and your trusty shotgun will make it out of this hell hole alive, no matter who you gotta get rid of that stands in your way.

Role
Serial Killer
!
Abilites
: You have a 1-shot day kill. Anytime before day ends, you may PM me a person to shoot. If successful, the person dies and that day ends. This action resolves immediately upon PM.
Wincon
: You win if you ever reach 50% or more of the population.

Character: Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
Role: Town 1-shot vigilante

GuiltyLion Town Cult Recruit Cop (1-shot)
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, GuiltyLion!

You are
Bart Simpson
, son of Homer and Marge. Your life of relaxing and pulling your antics has become threatened as the town descends into chaos. While you like to pull pranks on others, it's all in good faith. You harbor no malice, and only want to see the town get back to peace. From years of experience of dodging danger, you have learned to smell incoming danger, and those who are hiding their true intentions behind a mask with a clever facade.

Role
Town Cult Recruit Cop
!
Abilites
: You have a 1-shot cult cop ability. Anytime before day ends, you may PM me the name of a person. You will be PMed at the beginning of the next day whether that player has had their alignment changed any time during the game.
Wincon
: You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Alisae, Town Coroner (1-shot, gets a dead person's full role PM)
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, Alisae!

You are
Reverend Timothy Lovejoy
, Minister of the First Church of Springfield. Oh what destruction has come to the town of Springfield! Heathens have overrun the town. These sinners must be stopped at all costs. All you want is for the town to return to the peace it once had. Your prayers are your weapon. And as the dead bodies come through before burial, you have the chance investigate them for any hidden clues.

Role
Town Coroner
!
Abilites
: You have a 1-shot coroner. During the day, you may PM me the name of a dead player. You will be PMed their full role PM at the start of the next day (with possibly few [redacted] information).
Wincon

Commknight, Town Neighborizer (1-shot, neighborhood only exists for the following 2 days)
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, Commknight!

You are
Ned Flanders
, the good-natured next door neighbor and owner of The Leftorium. You long for the days of peace to come back, but rough times have hit the little town. Works of the devil! Well you're not going to let a bunch of evildoers run wild, and will do everything in your power to see the town's people happy and peaceful again. With such a big heart, you open your doors to anyone seeking shelter from the chaos and danger, inviting them in.

Role
Town Neighborizer
!
Abilites
: You have a 1-shot neighborizer. During the day, you may PM me the name of a person. During the next day you will receive a neighborhood with that player that lasts 2 game days, and then locked.
Wincon

A Simple Plan, Town Roleblocker (1-shot day role blocker, blocks pending day action during twilight) (mod note: cannot block SK kill or SK BP, since they resolve immediately)
Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Welcome to The Simpsons Mafia II: Springfield Chaos, A Simple Plan!

You are
Barney Gumble
, local town drunk. On a typical day, you would be seen roaming the streets drunk searching for another soul to converse with. However, as Springfield descents into utter chaos, you sobered up to try and stop all the upcoming evil. Being an addict, you can't help but go back to your old ways at times, and if you happen to find another person while roaming the streets, you might even stop them from doing their important bussiness.

Role
Town Roleblocker
!
Abilites
: You are a 1-shot day roleblocker. During the day, you may PM me the name of a person. At the end of that day, if that player has any pending day action, then the action fails.
Wincon

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I was also hard SRing GL but I figured it I feigned a TR that he would not shoot me. Glad he died when he did because I'm 99% sure that I would've been his target if he didn't use it yet.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

Hiraki betrayed me -_-
GTKAS
| here.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Day Actions

Day 1:
Hiraki recruits A Simple Plan
Commknight neighborizes A Simple Plan
Vaxkiller kills Alisae, ends day

Day 2:
Hiraki recruits Commknight (failed at twilight, he already has 2 in faction)
1SVT poisons Guiltylion
Guiltylion investigates Hiraki (he died at start of next day)
Last edited by Ser Arthur Dayne on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Well actually his role was useless, it wouldn't fine you. Only ASP if he was targeted... But even if we lynched ASP you could just recruit ANOTHER player. Definitely not counting this game towards my record of wins/losses.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 531, Alisae wrote:Hiraki betrayed me -_-
I DIDN'T KILL YOU SO

IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER, YOU WERE LIKE TOP 2 TO BE RECRUITED FIRST BUT THEN YOU "SHOT" THE OTHER PERSON WHO I WAS GONNA RECRUIT AND THEN I WAS LIKE FUCK LET'S JUST GO LURKER
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Hiraki »

OH FUCK WAIT I TRIED TO RECRUIT COMM? I THOUGHT I DID VAX

WELL GOOD GOING ME
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by CommKnight »

What are the chances of both Hiraki and me picking same person D1 though? XD
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Also everyone who hated on my play were Mafia, Cult and 3rd party. XD Guess I was pulling the right triggers all along.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by CommKnight »

I scum read EVERYONE but GL and ASP at one point or another. Yay me. XDD (And of course not Alisae but he didn't survive long enough either way to matter).
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 528, CommKnight wrote:Also @Vax... Looks like you needed to help me lynch Hiraki with Edo's help.
Yup, I called that wrong
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Dead PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=71123
Mafia PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=71094
Neightbors PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=71122

Alright let me explain my thoughts! I do think the game was very swingy. I think it swung heavily against town. SK killed a townie. Mafia killed a townie. And cult recruit was able to recruit a townie. So no anti-town faction ended up hurting each other when it was possible. Survivor claiming was also super surprising!
In post 527, CommKnight wrote:WHAT? How could town even WIN this??? So basically I was right about the majority of them but under assumed their power... It was impossible for town to win... We had what? a 1-shot roleblock, 1-shot neighbour, 1-shot cororner and 1-shot cult cop check... Yet not a single killing role. Against 2 mafia, 2 3rd party and 2 cult (well 2 once one of the four town was recruited).

Bastard game is one thing... UNWINNABLE is another.
Yeah, I do think it was hard to win for town if certain things occurred, and that's what ended up happening here. But I think it was also hard for every other faction. Cult was extremely restricted (loses a shot on attempt, cant recruit threat to town, doesn't get told if successful or private communication, can't have more than 2 in faction) + had a townie knowing of their existence. Mafia no kill besides one delayed. SK only 1 kill. Survivor, well, survivor is always hard, which is why he had an activatable BP he could've used on a day.
In post 535, Hiraki wrote:OH FUCK WAIT I TRIED TO RECRUIT COMM? I THOUGHT I DID VAX

WELL GOOD GOING ME
Uh, you had it on Vax, but ended up switching it to Commknight like 10mins before hammer!
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 531, Alisae wrote:Hiraki betrayed me -_-
I was really looking forward to playing with you, but i panicked!

Games played.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:49 pm

I hope everyone enjoyed the game! Let me know what you would have changed about the setup, (while trying to keep the concept? or if the concept wouldn't work at all in your opinion let me know that too!), and/or what you liked about the setup, I love hearing back criticism and comments :)
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Honestly, with this many factions at play, there needs to be more players. Town MUST have majority for it to be balanced (or have some damn good PRs). Every PR we had was very... well, they weren't really all that powerful. I get the circumstances also played against town, but when town are outnumbered from Day 1 (2 scum, 2 3rd parties + Cult is scum outnumbered already) and then having a townie be shot before town can even lynch someone. You bring it down to 3 town against 5 anti-town (with cult successful 2 town against 6 anti-town). Which by the time D1 ended, we already lost before we could have a lynch.

In the future, I suggest looking for scenarios where town loses before getting at least 1 lynch in. Lynching is town's essential power and when you take that away and not even give them a vig, you make the game too anti-town.

Again, if you were to do this again with similar number of factions. I'd suggest a pool of about 15 players. 5 anti-town and 10 town. If they all have 1-shots... you can do 5 anti-town and 7 town. Making it a 12 player game. I wouldn't go any lower than that.

That's my 2 cents on the set-up as a person who has modded games before (and many of them bastard set-ups).
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:01 pm

In post 538, CommKnight wrote:I scum read EVERYONE but GL and ASP at one point or another. Yay me. XDD (And of course not Alisae but he didn't survive long enough either way to matter).
I thought you were playing p townie and was quite impressed. You were correctly on Vaxkiller, correctly pressured 1SVT, and correctly pressured Hiraki near end.

I believe 1SVT thought you were cult leader before he got lynched though, it looked like he was setting up for people to lynch you so Edo has a chance to 50% match a win.

Edit: Thanks for thoughts! I think if I changed Survivor to a regular townie things would have been much better, but hindsight is 2020.
Last edited by Ser Arthur Dayne on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

I got a day vig.

I had a blast.

9/10
10/10 with rice.

Would play again!

Never played a night less game before, and I was really digging the fast pace of the game.

Games played.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Yeah, too bad the rest of the anti-town didn't help push Hiraki. Then who would've won? I mean they need 50% so what happens when SK/Mafia or Mafia/Cult remain?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:04 pm

In post 546, CommKnight wrote:Yeah, too bad the rest of the anti-town didn't help push Hiraki. Then who would've won? I mean they need 50% so what happens when SK/Mafia or Mafia/Cult remain?
Oh both win, shared victory if they both reached their wincon of 50%.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

@comm, yea I was a little worried, because 2 shot doc seemed to be giving town too much utility, but then again, I was part of that "fake" utility. So I was hesitant to say something.

I should have known better, hiroki would have known before I did about the cult being the majority... I had to point it out.

Games played.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Haha, you seemed like a VI sheeping both mafia and cult on me. XD Like I was getting irritated with your play becuase I wrote you off as being framed D1 by Hiraki and then you were blindly sheeping him. I wouldn't have suspected ASP without Hiraki's flip though. I trusted his 1-shot claim (which turned out to be true, just recruited early..)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”