Micro 727: Within Me

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:48 am

Post by This is me »

In post 174, This is me wrote:And anyone who doesn't want to no-lynch had better give a really good reason why. Better than "I'm up for the risk" because it's not a risk, it's just stupid.
-smart
I mean, it is an increased risk, but for no increased reward.
-smart
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:03 am

Post by This is me »

Since I want to NL I see no reason to out my reads. This game doesn't seem to have that strong of universal townreads (being eight pages and all) so it will be useful to see who the scum kill. And I don't want to help them decide.

Also, I'd like everybody (DogWatch and Brie at least to my recollection, and maybe more) who claimed that BTD6 was conftown yesterday to explain why they said that. Following this game I actually thought that he was scum getting away with an easy gambit. Then again, I am absolutely incapable of reading BTD6, but it struck me as a tactic he would try as scum, so I want to know why you guys didn't consider it.
-smart
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 am

Post by This is me »

Welcome to the game!
In post 172, This is me wrote: Second order of business, is there any case against my slot aside from inactivity? Because any townie who is voting me based on that is bad and should feel bad. And Raya's case is two posts, one of which she admits could also be town motivated. (And the other is a single post which doesn't show sorting... as if every post from a townie that describes a situation must also analyze the situation.)
-smart
Just to clarify the post I linked was one that stood out to me but I haven't seen any sorting from Yakko the entire game. When he has popped in to post what he said was always very minimal and nothing game advancing. He hasn't done anything this game to make me think he's town.
In post 173, This is me wrote: is scaring me a lot, so I'm really hoping one of you get on before XnadrojX does.
-smart
So are you thinking Xnad is scum then?
In post 174, This is me wrote:And anyone who doesn't want to no-lynch had better give a really good reason why. Better than "I'm up for the risk" because it's not a risk, it's just stupid.
-smart
I'm certainly up for a no-lynch now. The problem before was that I didn't think a no-lynch would help us. The state the game was in we would have just had another dead day phase. I thought it would be worth the risk to lynch and potentially hit scum giving us new information and a shot at winning this thing.

-Raya
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:27 am

Post by This is me »

Don't necessarily think Xnadroj is scum but I don't trust him enough to hammertest him for sure.

And when somebody was as inactive as Yakko would you be surprised to know that he didn't do much sorting as town? (And for that matter, I think Vijarada did even less, so why not vote him?)

A no-lynch removes another possible scum candidate. It increases the chance, from a town player's POV, of any random player being scum from 40% to 50%. And then we can take the risk in LYLO which would give us even more new information.
-smart
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:53 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Game Replacement replaces Vijarada.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Post by This is me »

In post 172, This is me wrote:hi im not yakko anymore

Before I even decided to replace into this game I saw the Yakko quickwagon and figured that it was town and would lead to a quick scum win. I'm here to throw a monkey wrench into that plan, although I don't estimate town's chances of winning as good. (Also, mafSilver, really?)

So first order of business, can y'all unvote before I get quickhammered?

Second order of business, is there any case against my slot aside from inactivity? Because any townie who is voting me based on that is bad and should feel bad. And Raya's case is two posts, one of which she admits could also be town motivated. (And the other is a single post which doesn't show sorting... as if every post from a townie that describes a situation must also analyze the situation.)

Finally, Brie, you thought my slot townslipped earlier. What changed?
-smart
I have no good reason (outiside of this being mafia) not to believe you for now. As for the town slip, I let myself be convinced by someone that it was insignificant.
There was one other reason for thinking Yakko was scum. he'd acted a little fishy around Slimer and worried about oje one his scum reads voting the other. But there's nothing terribly scummy about that.

I figured that with BTD6 that a fake claim would be called out. Though I suppose it might not have been if the real PR was pretty sure NotMafia was scum and thought BTD6 not getting NKed would be enough for him to get lynched.
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by This is me »

(Why did I post before I was finished?)

Now that the game has actually picked up, I would rather no lynch. I was just fed up with it and didn't care enough about winning. But let's play properly now. No lynch today.

I'm leaning a little towards Vij and Xnad as the scum now, but I really haven't got much to go on and I'm not confident enough to feel certain I'm not being played.

~Brie
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:43 am

Post by This is me »

Im just posting to say hi and that im reading

-GR
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 am

Post by This is me »

In post 180, This is me wrote:I have no good reason (outiside of this being mafia) not to believe you for now. As for the town slip, I let myself be convinced by someone that it was insignificant.
There's no insignificant. Either it's a townslip or it isn't, and you thought it was and then you thought it wasn't (unless you voted someone whom you were almost sure was town), so what changed your mind?
In post 182, This is me wrote:Im just posting to say hi and that im reading

-GR
Who's imitating Game Replacement here? :lol:
-smart
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:40 am

Post by This is me »

Also, this is Matrix6 right? In Matrix6, if a cop dies, the other PR is either doctor or nothing, and the mafia know which. So if the mafia are both goons, one of them can claim doctor and absolutely nobody can CC.

Did you even look at the setup after BTD6 claimed?
-smart
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:11 am

Post by This is me »

Popping in to say I agree with a no-lynch today now that the game is picking up.

@smart, regarding post 184, I just never considered it. I'm not used to playing matrix setups so I never thought to look at the other angle. When he claimed, I just went with it.

@Brie, why Xnad? I could definitely see Vij, but Xnad not as much.

DW
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by This is me »

@smart I've not played many matrix 6 games actually, so I hadn't thought that through properly. I should have. But I'm sure we would have reconsidered if he hadn't died that night.

@DW PoE. I forgot Raya existed.

~Brie
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:28 am

Post by This is me »

If we're gonna No Lynch, we shouldn't be discussing.
-smart
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:01 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 3.2

No lynch (3) - DogWatch, Something_Smart, TheBrie

6 votes, 4 to lynch
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by This is me »

Alright, no lynching
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 3.3

No lynch (4) - DogWatch, Something_Smart, TheBrie, Raya36

6 votes, 4 to lynch
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

There was no lynch.

It is now Night 3.

Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-26 19:47:25)
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:55 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Something_Smart has been killed.

Now it is Day 4.

Deadline: (expired on 2017-09-10 18:55:40)
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:58 am

Post by This is me »

I assumed I would be the NK last night, so I'm going to look at this from the angle of "why kill SS instead of me?"

I have been openly town-reading Xnad all game. If Xnad is actually scum, it would make sense for him to take me to endgame for that reason. Xnad was scaring SS, which might have spooked Xnad into offing him.

Brie, as I've stated a few times, is someone I've been wavering on quite a bit and have more or less always been willing to vote against. If she is scum, would it benefit her more to remove me from the game or keep me around? I feel like the first option would have been smarter for her.

GR replaces Vij, and neither have given the game much to work with. In a game where lurking scum would have it easy, GR's post 182 doesn't sit well with me. He pops in to say he's reading, but then two entire days go by without any content. If he is scum, does this mean he doesn't want to push hard for a mislynch and is just trying to ride out the day?

Raya is in a similar boat to Xnad. I've mostly town-read her, so it would make sense to keep me around if she's scum.

Roughly in order of likelihood:

Xnad - GR
Xnad - Raya or Raya - GR
Brie - GR
Xnad - Brie
Raya - Brie

At this point, I would lean toward Xnad/GR as the most likely team. Anyone?

DW
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by This is me »

I hadn't really thought through who the nk would probably be, but I hadn't expected Smart. He wasn't strong town in my book. He was just enough town, that I thought it was worth listening to him. But I probably would have kept reading him as town if he lived.

That line of thinking about Xnad seems sound to me. I think Raya has been townier than Vij. As you said Vij ha given us very little. Thought that was also the case with NM, and look where that went. I'll admit I have a irrational dislike of GR from a previous game, which I'm trying to not let skew my reads.

Now I'll just take another side I think is unlikely. The other reason Dogwood wasn't killed, could be that Dogwood was scum. But he can't be scum with me, and none of the others seems likely. If he was scum, he'd probably be pushing on me. So DW is still town in my head.

Someone else please come and post so something can happen. Unless the day is getting short, I'm not going anywhere without more input.

I can only post here when I'm at my computer, so it'll be a little infrequent.

~Brie
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by This is me »

Anyone? Please?

~Brie
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:52 am

Post by This is me »

Yea this is pretty frustrating. I feel like Brie and I are the only ones really trying to solve the game, but I can't keep coming up with new content until people post.

Actually, I did think of one thing: the night phases did not end quickly, even went over the deadline I think. If scum were active/semi-active players like Brie, Raya, and myself, would the nights have been shorter? If you have scum that's paying attention to the game, wouldn't they have submitted their actions pretty fast? Maybe, maybe not, but to me it lends some support to an Xnad/GR team, who barely seem to be paying attention at all.

DW
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:07 am

Post by This is me »

Sorry about the inactivity.

I mostly agree with what has been said. I'm really seeing the Xnad/GR team as being the most likely and the very small amount of content they have given us is concerning. I really like Brie and I really like Dog so I'm almost certain at the very least one scum lies in Xnad and GR and I think I would be surprised if not both.

Like Brie I never really thought about who would probably die next but SS was still a surprise. Once I have more time I'll take a closer look at that.

Dog brings up an interesting point in his last post. It does make sense to say that the night probably would have been a lot quicker if scum were active. That said, it could have been just as simple as the time GIF was available to post. It's still something interesting to thimk about though.

-Raya
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by This is me »

Good point there. I just get this feeling though that the three of us are here agreeing with one another and not really trying hard. I like Raya too, so I suppose we better go for Xnad or GR. Anyone have a preference for who we lynch first?

~Brie
This is me
This is me
Goon
This is me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 am

Post by This is me »

Lynch Xnad?

DW

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”