Micro 731 | Scumteam UnPick II - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Kingmaker »

In post 472, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 469, Kingmaker wrote:That can be explained if he is scum, but if he is scum(and it really looks that way from here)... why do this all-in gamble in lylo instead of playing safer and pushing for a mislynch to win the game? My head hurts.
yeah explain to me what you mean by "all-in gamble instead of pushing for a mislynch"? At first pass I thought I understood what you meant in that 1v1ing RC is a "gamble" but thinking about it more it doesn't make any sense because he'd also be a mislynch to win at the same time.
I think gamble part is the absolute vote and push he makes at the day start, not 1v1ing RC. 1v1ing RC is the most optimal strategy for a scum!Scylla like RC pointed out earlier, but he could have been more calm and sensible about it? :neutral:
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by Scylla and Charybdis »

In post 465, Kingmaker wrote:Is Scylla type of person who would go all in after one red flag?

I find it hard to make sense of his vote, town or scum.
Same exact thing happened last time I was town in LyLo funny enough. People giving false meta is something that scum do. And the crap about RC not replacing in and pushing someone just shows that you are not experienced at all.

@GL - I wanted to have Brie think I would mis lynch while I was thinking scum there.
I mean, if you read over anything between Brie and RC, you can see there's something obvious there.

Take these for example
In post 316, RadiantCowbells wrote:Brie is basically unlynchable, especially if either me or scylla die
In post 316, RadiantCowbells wrote:Brie probably HAS to be the overnight nightkill in any universe
Then then
In post 321, RadiantCowbells wrote:Scylla essentially clearing me in 281 still feels like scum would have said it differently with some sort of 'if RC is actually town.'

Scylla/Ducks I'd buy I guess. Scylla's still calling Ducks scum even though that lynch is autoloss for them but hasn't actually voted them.
Ducks/GL I'm writing off. there's no way that GL L-1s them and keeps the vote in autoloss when he's widely townread and can vote pretty much anywhere here.
Scylla/TheBrie I'll discuss at some other time.

Scylla/GL Scylla called GL town from very early on in the game but never explained it. almost never discusses them. least discussed person in the game by far from that slot.
Both of them excluded one scumteam from the other,
Has an opinion on the combos apart from me and Brie.
In post 327, RadiantCowbells wrote:Scum you is pretty boned but your best option here is to lynch KM and hope that you can get Brie to paranoia lynch me in 3 way. If KM isn't dead you have to lynch both of us, which isn't happening.
I've seen RC play enough to know this is RC being cocky.
In post 344, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think Brie is scum ftr. I don't think Scylla is scum either. and I think scum is way more likely to look like Scylla/GL or you/Comm than Brie/Scylla.
It's just constantly pushing as Brie town.
In post 372, RadiantCowbells wrote:Right now I feel like it's GL+SC but I don't really have time to work on anything
Brie not the night kill, and doesn't question it. Pushes away from Brie.
In post 379, RadiantCowbells wrote:(the gl/kings thing: I don't think Brie is scum.)
In post 388, RadiantCowbells wrote:Actually TheBrie might be a good reason for any S&C scumteams to not kill me: they might have expected her to paranoia tunnel me and killing me makes Brie close to conftown.
This makes no sense - It makes no difference if RC is killed. Brie can still be scum with me. Considering RC is pushing me as scum here.

And looking at Brie's with RC, is either fake interaction or saying how RC isn't playing like scum in this game and pushing away from there.

These reasons are pretty obvious and obviously I was the only person to re read the game in LyLo.

-Scylla
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:31 pm

In post 475, Kingmaker wrote:I think gamble part is the absolute vote and push he makes at the day start, not 1v1ing RC. 1v1ing RC is the most optimal strategy for a scum!Scylla like RC pointed out earlier, but he could have been more calm and sensible about it?
And what do you say about RC saying fake meta that I do this as scum?

-Scylla
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Kingmaker »

I've never claimed to have any meta experience, I've only played 1 or 2 games here and that was 3-4 years ago - that's why I mostly kept away from commenting on metahunting anyway. I don't get why you got rattled over that.

I couldn't comment on it, as I don't even know if it is fake meta or not.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

starting to feel better about a King townread again
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Because it's what scum do.
They make a reason to scum read someone. I will always lynch anyone who gives false meta on me.

But you can't comment that RC couldn't present proof to the claim, even though he was trying to push it as something scum me does?
When I can prove it's actually the opposite.

-Scylla
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 480, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:I will always lynch anyone who gives false meta on me.

but in the very game you linked, that lead to you lynching town?

I like your points on RC/Brie, but the issue I'm having is with your certainty that RC is scum. At this point now FYPOV it would be certain - especially since King/I aren't quickhammering - but it shouldn't have been at daystart. How do I know this isn't scum false bravado?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 473, Kingmaker wrote:Yes? But wouldn't you feel more inclined to vote RC over Scylla if he were more conventional about his push on RC(trying to convince people instead of going all in at the day start)?
Why does him making a bad play, regardless of alignment, make him town when as we've both noted this is how he plays?
In my last game he spent the entire game calling Layla scum without ever giving a reason for it, which is essentially the same play as he's making here.
Why are you assuming that him playing badly makes him town?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 478, Kingmaker wrote:I've only played 1 or 2 games here and that was 3-4 years ago
I just realized this makes TheBrie attempting to meta you pretty bad

Brie - why would the difference in King's past town games that you pointed out be due to an alignment change in this game and not just a personality/playstyle change from them being several years old?
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Kingmaker »

@Scylla
Assuming you are town, do you think that was the best course of action you could take? Did you not think you would have to convince 2 other town players to vote with you and did you not think going ahead with that level of assurance and aggression would bother them?

Like I said - it is not the action that is damning, it is the execution. I get your point though and I'll try to check the game you have linked.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:50 pm

In post 480, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:Because it's what scum do.
They make a reason to scum read someone. I will always lynch anyone who gives false meta on me.

But you can't comment that RC couldn't present proof to the claim, even though he was trying to push it as something scum me does?
When I can prove it's actually the opposite.

-Scylla
I have provided evidence: this is essentially the same play you made in 6 way in my game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:51 pm

In post 484, Kingmaker wrote:@Scylla
Assuming you are town, do you think that was the best course of action you could take? Did you not think you would have to convince 2 other town players to vote with you and did you not think going ahead with that level of assurance and aggression would bother them?

Like I said - it is not the action that is damning, it is the execution. I get your point though and I'll try to check the game you have linked.
Yes, it was 100% the right call.

-Scylla
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:52 pm

In post 481, GuiltyLion wrote:but in the very game you linked, that lead to you lynching town?
Do you think RC would lie about the meta as town to make me look scummy?
Or do you think RC lies about it as scum to make me look scummy?

I assume you have experience with RC like I do.

-Scylla
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:53 pm

In post 487, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:
In post 481, GuiltyLion wrote:but in the very game you linked, that lead to you lynching town?
Do you think RC would lie about the meta as town to make me look scummy?
Or do you think RC lies about it as scum to make me look scummy?

I assume you have experience with RC like I do.

-Scylla
Repeated insistence that I've lied about his meta when I've been super clear several times what I'm referring to.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Kingmaker »

In post 482, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 473, Kingmaker wrote:Yes? But wouldn't you feel more inclined to vote RC over Scylla if he were more conventional about his push on RC(trying to convince people instead of going all in at the day start)?
Why does him making a bad play, regardless of alignment, make him town when as we've both noted this is how he plays?
In my last game he spent the entire game calling Layla scum without ever giving a reason for it, which is essentially the same play as he's making here.
Why are you assuming that him playing badly makes him town?

I've never said it would make him town, I just said I couldn't make sense out of it regardless of his alignment. In fact I outright told him he was looking more like a scum?
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:58 pm

In post 488, RadiantCowbells wrote:Repeated insistence that I've lied about his meta when I've been super clear several times what I'm referring to.
Okay, point to me where I vote town in LyLo off the bat.
This is what you said.
In post 411, RadiantCowbells wrote:I know for a fact you do shit like this as scum. I know for a fact that this isn't your towngame as I remember it from when we actually played together but I don't care whether that's changed if you're voting me anyway.
The only thing you are saying is from the game you modded.
Anyone can go read that game. It was a lost game regardless. I was 1 scum vs 7 town because my partner died.
Night actions meant that too many people were cleared. Nothing else to it.

-Scylla
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:00 pm

You have the stuff on RC and Brie. If RC really thought I was scum, and lets face it, yesterday RC wasn't calling me town, then he would be more suspect of Brie.
But instead, Brie has been pushed as town by RC all game.

Regardless what happens, I read you spot on, RC. And that just feeds my ego that majority games, you are an easy read as scum to me.

-Scylla
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:02 pm

It's 2am, I'm going to bed.

-Scylla
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

you did call RC town on D1 though, for really weak reasons
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:04 pm

The best you've claimed is that it's non-alignment indicative but given the games that we have specifically played together I have not seen a tendency for you as town to recklessly tunnel like you do as scum.
I've never said it would make him town, I just said I couldn't make sense out of it regardless of his alignment. In fact I outright told him he was looking more like a scum?
I misread that, sorry.
Okay, point to me where I vote town in LyLo off the bat.
This is what you said.
I mean, you just called me town.
I'm not going to dig through meta that I don't know to find a game where you've spedvote as scum in LyLo however what I've seen from you in Open 645 and Bringer Mafia was you replacing in and being bad but slow and analytical and trying to understand things as town versus you hard deathtunneling Layla for no reason in the game that I modded. This leans far closer to the latter.
I'm totally willing to believe you when you claim that nowadays you pull shitty deathtunnels as town now but that doesn't mean anything to me given that you're already confscum.
You have the stuff on RC and Brie. If RC really thought I was scum, and lets face it, yesterday RC wasn't calling me town, then he would be more suspect of Brie.
But instead, Brie has been pushed as town by RC all game.

Regardless what happens, I read you spot on, RC. And that just feeds my ego that majority games, you are an easy read as scum to me.
Oh look making it about my username. Where have I seen that before.
I think Brie has been relatively towny, I think S&C + TheBrie is a little weird for several reasons (though if Brie didn't want me killed it would make sense), and I had other scumreads.
I still think it's more likely that one of GL/Kings is scum with you than Brie is, but I'm willing to at least consider Brie scum.
It's 2am, I'm going to bed.

-Scylla
sweet dreams scumfuck
Scylla and Charybdis
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Scylla and Charybdis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:05 pm

In post 493, GuiltyLion wrote:you did call RC town on D1 though, for really weak reasons
Reads can change.

-Scylla
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 265, Creature wrote:
Votecount 1.1.5
Votecount 1.1.5

[0] Kingmaker
[1]
Vic Sage
-
Duckdoggo

[0] Scylla and Charybdis
[5] CommKnight - Kingmaker,
GuiltyLion
, RadiantCowbells, TheBrie,
Vic Sage
[LYNCH]

[0] GuiltyLion
[1]
Duckdoggo
- Scylla and Charybdis
[0] TheBrie
[1] RadiantCowbells -
CommKnight

[0] Nolynch

Not voting:

8 players are alive, therefore 5 votes is the majority.

Deadline: (expired on 2017-07-31 01:52:12)
In post 367, Creature wrote:
Votecount 1.2.3
Votecount 1.2.3

[1] Kingmaker -
Vic Sage

[0] Vic Sage
[0] Scylla and Charybdis
[0] GuiltyLion
[4]
Duckdoggo
- Kingmaker,
GuiltyLion
, TheBrie, RadiantCowbells [LYNCH]

[0] TheBrie
[0] RadiantCowbells

[0] Nolynch

Not voting: Scylla and Charybdis,
Duckdoggo

7 players are alive, therefore 4 votes is the majority.

Deadline: (expired on 2017-08-06 21:54:59)
I feel like it's indicative here that Duckdoggo lynch went through without S&C on it, while S&C was pushing it the first half of D1. If S&C is town and Brie/RC is the team, they just hopped on two town driven wagons as the day ended for both lynches. That may be a function of the set-up, but generally it's pretty rare that you see that happen in 9p games with 2 scum, usually scum try in some way to set themselves up with a convincing narrative for 5p and hopping on wagons doesn't really let you do that.

doesn't really lead me any closer to a good conclusion but meehhhh

I want more of Brie/King interacting directly
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 495, Scylla and Charybdis wrote:
In post 493, GuiltyLion wrote:you did call RC town on D1 though, for really weak reasons
Reads can change.

-Scylla
yeah but now you're all "hahaha I read you as scum RC" despite the fact that you were basically forced to do that by virtue of the setup nearly guaranteeing that scum was in {RC, S&C}
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:09 pm

In post 496, GuiltyLion wrote:I feel like it's indicative here that Duckdoggo lynch went through without S&C on it, while S&C was pushing it the first half of D1. If S&C is town and Brie/RC is the team, they just hopped on two town driven wagons as the day ended for both lynches. That may be a function of the set-up, but generally it's pretty rare that you see that happen in 9p games with 2 scum, usually scum try in some way to set themselves up with a convincing narrative for 5p and hopping on wagons doesn't really let you do that.

doesn't really lead me any closer to a good conclusion but meehhhh

I want more of Brie/King interacting directly
If I were scum I would have gotten myself in a way better position for 5 way than hopping on and lynching two general scumreads would have allowed, for the record.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Kingmaker »

*Looks at game links and names above*

I signed up to play and read this game, not the others... :( *sigh*

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”