Micro 756: Extra Communication Mafia GAME OVER!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Jingle »

I will be giving anyone with access to a PT 2 days (Until New Years to Request redactions in their PTs, at which point all will be made public. Links to these PTs can be found in the mod thread already, but will not work yet.

If anyone would like to ask questions about the setup, or my thought process, or even just rant and rave AT ME, I'd love to hear it. If you want to take pot shots at each other, I will remind you that this was a game and I'd like things to remain civil.

I for one had a ton of fun watching and would like to thank all of you for playing. I hope you guys had even half as much fun.

The 'mod lies' portion of the setup was, as fishy guessed, the messengers. Both could make me lie semi convincincingly.

The 'change to normal mafia rules' was that there was no traditional mafia communications. They had one avenue of communication, from MathBlade to Chip, but Chip was unable to reciprocate.

The PT detector you guys were missing was in fact skitter. I assumed (perhaps unfairly) that the neighbor would recognize the role when/if skitter flipped given that it was just an additional two words from what they were informed was in the game. This remains my greatest regret about the setup: that a last minute (Ok, days before signups) attempt to bump up the power level for town in response to everyone telling me towns on MS need to be increasingly powerful ended up causing so much confusion.

The missing roleblocker was in fact a gambit on GD's part. (And not a bad one if it had played out slightly differently.) She claimed that it was a role that stops a certain night action if used on a neighbor. The night action being, of course, the kill.

Full Role reveals in my next post.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:02 am

Post by Jingle »

Scumteam

Spoiler:
Hello MathBlade and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the Mafia Messenger, aligned with the
Mafia

Your partner is [PlayerName], the Mafia Informed Neighbor, but you don't share a PT. You may communicate with them at any time via PM, as long as you CC me, but they may not respond. They are also responsible for your factional kill for as long as they are alive. Should they die, you will be able to target and kill one player per night. You win when you control half of the votes remaining, or nothing can prevent the same. (If you or your partner would rather communicate via PT, I will make one, but it will not count as a PT for game purposes and only you may post there.)

Passing Notes
: During the day, you may PM me a player's name and a message of no more than 400 words. I will anonymously pass this message on to them. You may use this power twice per day.

Hello Chip Butty and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the Mafia Informed Neighbor, aligned with the
Mafia

Your partner is [PlayerName], the Mafia Messenger. You cannot communicate with them outside of the main thread, but they can communicate with you through PMs. You are responsible for the factional kill as long as you are alive. You may target a player to kill every night. You win when you control half of the votes remaining, or nothing can prevent the same. (If you or your partner would rather communicate via PT, I will make one, but it will not count as a PT for game purposes and only your partner may post there.)

I Have Friends!
: You may talk to the other members of your neighborhood here at any time while you are alive.

My Information is good!
: At least one person has each of the following powers:
Once per day you may target a player. If you do and they die before the next day phase, you will get a PT in which you may talk to them.
AND
Once per day, you may target a player. You will learn the last thing they communicated to another player outside of the main game thread, if anything.

NonScumteam

Spoiler:
Hello fferyllt and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the Oracle, aligned with the
Town!

You win when all members of the
Mafia
have been killed.

I See Dead People
: Once per day you may target a player. If you do and they die before the next day phase, you will get a PT in which you may talk to them.

Hello Ghostlin and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the Eavesdropper, aligned with the
Town!

Mafia
have been killed.

I'm Only Listening
: Once per day, you may target a player. You will learn the last thing they communicated to another player outside of the main game thread, if anything.

Hello FishytheFish and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the Reporter, aligned with the
Town!

Mafia
have been killed.

Extra! Extra!
: Once per day you may PM me a message of 1000 words or less. As soon as I am able, I will post this message, formatting intact, in the thread. You may not use the mod color,
0040FF
, in this message, but may use any other colors designed to be similar. You may not use this message to break site rules in any way, for example, by launching a personal attack against another player. If you attempt to break site rules or get me to break site rules using this power, you will be modkilled.

Hello skitter30 and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the PT Detector, aligned with the
Town!

Mafia
have been killed.

Do You Ever Speak to Friends?
: Once per night you may target a player. If they have access to any PT, I will tell you their alignment. Otherwise, you will receive no result. If you are roleblocked, you will recieve no result.

Hello Flubbernugget and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the PT Dependent Doctor, aligned with the
Town!

Mafia
have been killed.

You There, get me my bandages!
: Once per night you may target a player. If you do and they have access to a private topic, any nightkill targeting them will fail.

Hello GinghamDog and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the Informed Neighbor, aligned with the
Town!

Mafia
have been killed.

I Have Friends!
: You may talk to the other members of your neighborhood here at any time while you are alive.

My Information is good!
Once per night you may target a player. If you do and they have access to a private topic, any nightkill targeting them will fail.
AND
Once per day you may PM me a message of 1000 words or less. As soon as I am able, I will post this message, formatting intact, in the thread.
There may or may not be additional restrictions on the second power. You have neither of these powers.

Hello Espeonage and welcome to [GameName]!

You are the Informed Neighbor, aligned with the
Town!

Mafia
have been killed.

I Have Friends!

My Information is good!
During the day, you may PM me a player's name and a message of no more than 400 words. I will anonymously pass this message on to them. You may use this power twice per day.
AND
Once per night you may target a player. If they have access to any PT, I will tell you. Otherwise, you will receive no result. If you are roleblocked, you will recieve no result.
You have neither of these powers.
Last edited by Jingle on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

Lol wow...

With Ghostlin’s claim about getting the last message from a PT I thought I was innocent no matter what so I quit caring what I sent. I can’t imagine how horribly this would have gone if Ghostlin HAD checked me wow. We woulda been wrecked probably.

Good game and hugs to fferyllt especially.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:07 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1802, MathBlade wrote:Lol wow...

With Ghostlin’s claim about getting the last message from a PT I thought I was innocent no matter what so I quit caring what I sent. I can’t imagine how horribly this would have gone if Ghostlin HAD checked me wow. We woulda been wrecked probably.

Yeah. Ghost could pick up information from everyone but Flubber and skitter. Ffery obviously wasn't in a PT on the first day, fishy didn't use his power until D3, and obviously he'd get a No Result on Flubbs. I'd have been interested to see the LYLO if Ghost had targeted you instead, especially given some of your later instructions to Chip.
This is a Parachute.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Funny story: I really did think I was putting Esp on L-1, and it really was just me being lazy and assuming L-2 because Ghost didn't declare. I lolled hard when I saw the flip, because I knew I was going to take a mountain of shit for the hammer.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:12 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1800, Jingle wrote:The PT detector you guys were missing was in fact skitter. I assumed (perhaps unfairly) that the neighbor would recognize the role when/if skitter flipped given that it was just an additional two words from what they were informed was in the game. This remains my greatest regret about the setup: that a last minute (Ok, days before signups) attempt to bump up the power level for town in response to everyone telling me towns on MS need to be increasingly powerful ended up causing so much confusion.
viewtopic.php?p=9820474#p9820474

Like people were going on about the missing PT detector, but it was like spelled out in my flip lol
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1799, MathBlade wrote:This game was insane and definitely not a standard game for sure.
I will agree with that wholeheartedly. But still, I hope, enjoyable. : :twisted:

PEdit: I counted that Vote Count 5 times because I was so paranoid about you seeing something I didn't, btw.
This is a Parachute.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1802, MathBlade wrote:Lol wow...

Yeah, so I assumed that scum had a PT, and checked you n1 (I was going to check Chip but changed my mind), but apparently what you had didn't count, so I would have gotten a no-result lol
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Chip Butty »

I kept saying there was no rb and skitter = pt detector lol. I actually also told the truth about the roles I was informed about.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

Yeah, I know lol; I kept on facepalming whenever people tried to make that argument.

I think Flubber's role got conflated into being an RB and her word choice was apparently rather unfortunate, but like GD's original post way back when didn't substantiate rb anyways.
In post 245, GinghamDog wrote:and at least one of you has a night-targeting ability that can help someone if THEY have a certain ability themselves.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Chip Butty »

MB, I hope you'll forgive me but I didn't actually read your thread much. I checked each night to get your opinion on the NK, but went with my own choice in each case. I think you wanted Fiery n1 and Fishy n2, from memory?

I went with skitter n1 because i was hunting the rb, so GD's gambit kind of backfired a bit. N2 i thought a Fishy kill would point back to me and i would have to try to make out i was being framed. But mainly, I didn't want Esp whispering bad things about me to fferyllt....
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:31 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1810, Chip Butty wrote:Esp whispering bad things about me to fferyllt....
/whistles

Espe was totally doing that, btw. He had the game pretty much figured out when he got neighborized. I wasn't lying when I said I thought you made the best NK decisions possible.

And also, that was totally reasonable, given that you just had more access to information than MB did. Which was why you were the one making the NK choices. :mrgreen:
This is a Parachute.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

Wait you thought I was the rb?

lol, really?

I guess that means I did OK because I spent a ridiculous amount of time being paranoid about a scum!IN, and I felt like there was about a billion ways I could accidentally soft my role to someone who knew the role existed, so I was trying to be super careful about not talking about roles.

Multiple times day1 I just wanted to ask people to claim neighborhoods to make my life easy, but again, was worried about a scum!IN because that would basically be a soft lol.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

@Jingle

I thought the set-up was a lot of fun! Thanks for the game :)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1812, skitter30 wrote:Wait you thought I was the rb?

lol, really?

I guess that means I did OK because I spent a ridiculous amount of time being paranoid about a scum!IN, and I felt like there was about a billion ways I could accidentally soft my role to someone who knew the role existed, so I was trying to be super careful about not talking about roles.

Multiple times day1 I just wanted to ask people to claim neighborhoods to make my life easy, but again, was worried about a scum!IN because that would basically be a soft lol.
Well, you were on a list i got from poe.

Off the list: Flairs, Ghost, GD.

Out of the remaining players, you were pretty active and leader-y, so...I think you were MB's second choice, too.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Chip Butty »

From memory, fferyllt might have been off the list too
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 am

Post by fferyllt »

Thanks for the game, Jingle. The design was fascinating!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1805, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1800, Jingle wrote:The PT detector you guys were missing was in fact skitter. I assumed (perhaps unfairly) that the neighbor would recognize the role when/if skitter flipped given that it was just an additional two words from what they were informed was in the game. This remains my greatest regret about the setup: that a last minute (Ok, days before signups) attempt to bump up the power level for town in response to everyone telling me towns on MS need to be increasingly powerful ended up causing so much confusion.
viewtopic.php?p=9820474#p9820474

Like people were going on about the missing PT detector, but it was like spelled out in my flip lol
I know I like didn’t get it.

I even figured it out and told town and they’re all naaaah
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1810, Chip Butty wrote:MB, I hope you'll forgive me but I didn't actually read your thread much. I checked each night to get your opinion on the NK, but went with my own choice in each case. I think you wanted Fiery n1 and Fishy n2, from memory?

I went with skitter n1 because i was hunting the rb, so GD's gambit kind of backfired a bit. N2 i thought a Fishy kill would point back to me and i would have to try to make out i was being framed. But mainly, I didn't want Esp whispering bad things about me to fferyllt....
Nah you’re forgiven :P

I am a hyper poster even in the scum PT of games.

It’s like thought central.

I am good to release btw.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

I wanted Fishy if I had to bus you and fferyllt n2 if Ghostlin was the mislynch. N2

N1 I had three people to pick and yeah it was a case of waaaay too much town power. Had a hard time deciding the kill.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

Kinda glad Chip picked the kills the way he did. Being unable to talk to my buddy was super hard.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Jingle »

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=74025

Scum PT: Now public for your reading pleasure.

Also, 5 pages long with only one poster. :P
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Jingle »

Skitters' Collected thoughts, aka probably 5 pages if she hadn't been shot. :P

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=74020&p=9760546#p9760546
This is a Parachute.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Since your thread is being released...I liked your idea about starting posts with a vowel or consonant to signal responses to you, but by the time i saw it, i had already sent so many random "signals" that it was quite funny to reread your posts in that light. I did look in once or twice but it was a busy period for me and keeping up with the main thread plus the hood plus your thread was more than I had time for, esp, as you point out, you did post a lit there. I'll read through it over the nect couple of days.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1811, Jingle wrote:
In post 1810, Chip Butty wrote:Esp whispering bad things about me to fferyllt....
/whistles

Espe was totally doing that, btw. He had the game pretty much figured out when he got neighborized. I wasn't lying when I said I thought you made the best NK decisions possible.

And also, that was totally reasonable, given that you just had more access to information than MB did. Which was why you were the one making the NK choices. :mrgreen:
Esp was definitely a big threat. Accidentally hammering him was probably my best move of the game lol.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”