Micro 790: Life After Death - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Yea, it's GL for me. He never voted NSG nor has he ever been with her on the same wagon.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Archwing »

Yeah I'm phone posting atm, I'm gonna re read and case tomorrow. I got some thoughts though.
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 196, Archwing wrote:Smh. Okay so anyone know wtf is going on here?
no

my first thought was either we're getting trolled with the flips or it is all VT game. maybe there's some kind of second game going on with the lynched players, maybe the winner is just whoever survives

but then Almost made some weird assumptions which make me think he could be slightly more informed about the setup. I don't even know if it means scum or not but I think lynching him is better than lynching me regardless. case/argument in next post (cause I don't want to go back and grab another quote)
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 198, Almost50 wrote:Bwahahahahahaha ..

So, I take it that when we lynch Mafia THEY get rewarded by a NK, while when we do their job and lynch Town nothing happens??
right so NSG flipped town bringing us from 5 to 4 (the point where 2 scum could hold the lynch hostage and stall the game), and then we went to night. my reflexive assumption was that both scum were still alive but town would have some counterplay via the dead townies.

however, here A50 assumes that:
a) NSG was still scum (that flipped as town)
b) Mafia made the night kill instead of the dead townies

these thoughts didn't occur to me at all, therefore I think he may have slightly more info about the setup
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 200, Almost50 wrote:Yea, it's GL for me. He never voted NSG nor has he ever been with her on the same wagon.
also here is a repeated assumption that NSG was in fact scum

I don't really see a reason to think NSG was scum other than the fact that we did go to night phase after her lynch. But again, that could just as easily be because we went to 4p after her lynch.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

so in short, I don't really care that much about how this game plays out because there were multiple derphammers and it's a bastard game with all VT flips, but I'd rather lynch someone else instead of me and A50 is angling to vote me already anyway

VOTE: Almost50
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also like, if we are in some traditional mafia setup where there are 2 scum who are playing to a separate wincon then town, then how do the speed/consensus of the day 2 and day 3 lynches make sense in a traditional narrative where I'm scum with NSG? It would mean that on D2, three townies hopped on and quicklynched a townie with my scum vote being the first one (possible - but pretty rare), and then on D3 town all collectively and pretty much unanimously lynched a scum off the D2 quickwagon, with me as the partner neither bussing nor really doing anything (extremely unlikely, like... how often do you hit scum in 5p LYLO without either A) any bussing or pushing from the partner? or B) obvious associatives forming via a scum-driven game winning counterwagon? especially since the NSG lynch was fairly quick and decisive). If you think the speedy lynches were in some way scum driven, then it's clearly not me w/ NSG who were doing that.

Obviously the game is wonky so it's probably more likely that other weird stuff is going on instead, but if you assume NSG+GL scumteam then D2 and D3 played out really strangely. Town driven wagons don't move that fast most of the time
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

my shoot from the hip theory is that A50 is actually speaking the truth that this game goes to night when you lynch mafia and gives them an NK, only he's scum with NSG, went for a bus yesterday, and is now trying to pitch it as NSG+me instead

if that's not the case, then the setup is something truly bastard and I don't really see how the three of us could solve it at this point
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

in fact, I wonder if the setup is something like this:

5 townies, 2 mafia
all players flip as VT
game only goes to night when first scum gets lynched, or when scum make up 50% of the town (mostly mountainous)
dead players get to discuss and vote to "eliminate" players when it goes to night (but also have a secret dead mafia who flipped as VT amongst them)

this is the best I got
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 205, GuiltyLion wrote:so in short, I don't really care that much about how this game plays out because there were multiple derphammers and it's a bastard game with all VT flips, but I'd rather lynch someone else instead of me and A50 is angling to vote me already anyway

VOTE: Almost50
And THIS is the final nail in the coffin. No Townie would vote FIRST thus putting someone @L-1 before everyone else have already said their piece.

Let's just assume -for the sake of argument- that GL is in fact a Townie. Now why would he vote before Archwing clearly stated where he stands and what his thoughts are at? What if "Town!LG" was wrong and Archwing was the last scum? That would be throwing the game away for no good reason.

I thus declare GL the last scum and will not switch my vote ever.

VOTE: GuiltyLion

Over to you Archie

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

Tell me again how you went from "no reason to think NSG is Mafia" to "NSG is indeed Mafia with A50"?
And how did you start with "The game goes into night when Mafia are equal to Town" to "Yeah, A50 is right and NSG was Mafia and the dead killed another Townie"?

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 209, Almost50 wrote:And THIS is the final nail in the coffin. No Townie would vote FIRST thus putting someone @L-1 before everyone else have already said their piece.

Let's just assume -for the sake of argument- that GL is in fact a Townie. Now why would he vote before Archwing clearly stated where he stands and what his thoughts are at? What if "Town!LG" was wrong and Archwing was the last scum? That would be throwing the game away for no good reason.

I thus declare GL the last scum and will not switch my vote ever.
Townies vote first in LYLO all the time. Here's what went into that decision, personally:

1) You were clearly already going to vote me and set up this 1v1 anyway - what's the alternative, Archwing says he disagrees with you about me and then you pivot and says that makes him scum? Unlikely. If Archwing is scum then I doubt me 1v1ing him instead would have swayed you to vote him over me given how you started the day and given your reads in general

2) This game is bastard and suffers a severe lack of normal dayplay information - in part because you specifically quicklynched two players on D1 and D3. I'm not particularly invested in this game and there's a decent chance it's some really bizarre mechanics that may mean the game doesn't end on this lynch anyway. Like if you want to talk blame for a town loss postgame, me voting first in LYLO will not even be close to the biggest reason
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 210, Almost50 wrote:Tell me again how you went from "no reason to think NSG is Mafia" to "NSG is indeed Mafia with A50"?
And how did you start with "The game goes into night when Mafia are equal to Town" to "Yeah, A50 is right and NSG was Mafia and the dead killed another Townie"?
You're pretending like this is some kind of inconsistency or hypocrisy on my part, but it's not. I don't think there's a particularly compelling argument for NSG being scum. I don't know (or really have any evidence to even make a conclusion on) how the NK happened or what determined the night phase yesterday.

What I said was: I didn't have the same preconceived ideas that you did, and frankly those ideas hadn't even occurred to me. The fact that
you
entered the game and advocated those assumptions makes me think
you
are the informed party, and if that's the case then I would guess that there's some truth to what you said. So I speculated about that, based on the assumption that you're basing your posts on things that you know. And if I'm totally wrong about that, then we're both town and it doesn't matter at this point anyway.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Archwing »

VOTE: a50
If you're town, I'm sorry.
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 2.01
Archwing (0)-

GuiltyLion (1)-
Almost50
(L-1)

Almost50 (2)-
GuiltyLion, Archwing
LYNCHED

Not Voting (0)-

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2018-04-11 13:00:00) - Apr 11th 13:00 GMT
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Allmost50
was
lynched
day 2

Spoiler: Flip
Vanilla Townie
[/spoiler]

Night 2 deadline is
(expired on 2018-04-03 13:00:00)

The game thread will stay open for
GuiltyLion
and
Archwing
only, to post in
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

so uh, was that a scum hammer? I'm still town
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Archwing »

What? I'm so confused.
GTKAS
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Archwing »

I'm a vt.
GTKAS
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Archwing »

My whole gambit tbh was to try and be lynched so I could be a part od the afterlife side of things.
GTKAS
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

so what do you think is going on then
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Archwing »

Well clearly the dead people are doing something. Maybe this is like survivor, and they are gonna vote which one of us wins all the marbles
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

GuiltyLion
was
eliminated
night 2

Spoiler: Flip
Vanilla Townie

Archwing
Vanilla Townie
has won

Dead Debate[/spoiler]
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Fucking lol
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

huh, so a contest of "towniest townie" then.

wish i hadn't gotten quickhammered, then.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”