Micro 789 - Alternating 9p - Mafia wins

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Nice I thought me being alive was weird af because I defended you. I'll take responsibility for the loss.

Well played guys, it was frustrating but fun.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I was surprised by the volume of replacements because the mod was pretty clear about not tolerating replace-outs in the sign-ups. It was a little frustrating in that regard but I'm glad I played!
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Final Vote Count

CheekyTeeky - 3 - BuJaber, lovedbird, Greenliquid

Not Voting - Iconeum, CheekyTeeky

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

CheekyTeeky,
Vanilla Townie
was lynched.

Bujaber,
Vanilla Townie
and Iconeum
Town Odd Night Doctor
were Engamded

The mafia
consisting of Lovebird and Greenliquid has won!
Last edited by Kmd4390 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I don't have any objections to releasing the scum PT if Love is okay with it.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Can release it.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Lovebird »

I thought about leaving BV alive to counterclaim him as cop today, lol.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Poor Cheeky, forever getting inexplicably mislynched
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

XD it's pretty explainable, I don’t lurk enough lol.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I think if I were town this game I actually would have townread you -- I didn't stray very far from my natural impressions of your D1 because I was kind of terrified of being caught trying to pocket you. Back before I siteflaked, I was super obvscum in every game, so I've been anxious the whole game trying to not be blatant about anything. :P
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

You played awesome GL - very impressed with your scum game. I think I've been open about what points did make you look scummy but you had enough people being far scummier than you to get away with it. Don't mind losing to you whatsoever.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I think I went wrong trying to look at who was pushing the NM wagon
I should know that scum are too scared to push obv. mislynch bait. I'll keep that in mind next time.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

In post 1460, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think I went wrong trying to look at who was pushing the NM wagon
I should know that scum are too scared to push obv. mislynch bait. I'll keep that in mind next time.
That was true of me. As soon as I saw you come in and defend him I knew I needed to keep my mitts off the wagon.
I know Not_Mafia is an experienced player so I'm curious what he was trying to do this game. I got the sense late D1/N1 that he might have been trying to be an obvious mislynch to draw scum into a mislynch trap that they'd be caught after later re-reads.

I don't know what was up with that sloppy LyLo vote but I thought BuJaber did an amazing job being obvtown this game and providing leadership without outright directing the town. I tried to keep peoples' focus on his being hard to understand and making weird associations, but even that didn't stop him getting widely townread D2. I was a bit scared by the prospect of facing him in 3p LyLo.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Huh, I had never seen the bump topic button before. I guess it does the obvious. Sorry if that caused any trouble :P
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

BuJuber had the right to quick vote me here I don't blame him. He did do well at obv towning I wasnt even suspecting him D1 at all until he came out the gate at me D2 start, then I townread him again in the Bu/Ico 1v1 and even TR Ico then. I think both the replacements coming in and looking town and the two claims really threw me out of whack, I knew one of my town reads had to be wrong and I just didn't want GL to be scum. I'll be dissecting this game repeatedly no doubt as I've learnt a lot here.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Ankamius »

This game is a pretty big lesson in bias.

More tomorrow, I have a lot to say about this game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Buuuuut I will state for the record that I think my experiment in changing my playstyle has failed; I've essentially learned all over again why my style was the way it was in the first place.

Oh well.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Last note for tonight, I caught GreenLiquid because he expressed a strong scumread on BuJaber, then threw it away because of associative statistics.

That analysis likely only pinged me (and Cheeky, albeit after prodding to look into it further) because it fit the way the rest of the game was thinking. That was indicator number two that it wasn't a genuine case, as I don't remember seeing that type of thinking from him earlier in the game.

Other than that, GreenLiquid played really well. I was coming around to Love-scum after the continued absence; my townread had actually faded pretty quickly after her wagon fell apart, but I kept that secret because I really wanted to see what she would post when she came back... But then I got so frustrated that I stopped wanting to pursue that.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

(associatives are useless without baseline read strength; this is why its usually only useful after one side has flipped)
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I just realized I made a mistake in saying that you'd be the most useful town flip, then proceeding to vote for you. I got kind of sloppy there -- just goes to show the danger of posting while sleepy as either alignment, I guess!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

You caught me on the catch-up post too -- that wasn't actually a catch-up. I was reading along at work that day.
In hindsight I was very fortunate that consensus had already settled on you by that point.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Bah. I was getting really close to lynching love near d1 end but did go back to nm which yeah was pretty bad. If I was alive d2 she'd be the lynch btw (unless it was me I guess), though I did strongly think partner was ZZZX as an individual slot but also for quickhammering because it felt possibly lovebird defendy and WTF was that never ending story catchup and that read was also a mistake.

I feel like there was too much friction between me, iconeum, bujaber, and cheeky this game for in some cases stylistic things. It took me a while to read bu, and it was like eod to go back to thinking "okay realistically there is prob no way cheeky is scum here even though I really hate her hardpushing me" especially post-hammer reading her last couple of d1 posts which were kinda obvtown, though idk if I ever would've read iconeum correctly. Or the zzzx slot (okay they both conftowned later via claims but that's cheating, and I guess its possible for either to not have done it until lylo and got into an unconfirmed 1v1).

Though I'm pretty sure I'd have lynched lovebird, I probably would never have lynched GL and so probably still have lost, I townread him significantly and screwed up big time by thinking he probably wasn't with lovebird because of earlyday play. Even though korina seemed super town when I saw his replacing I think I'd still maybe have ended up mindscrewing myself into lynching ank if I was around too because "well I could see chris iso having been scum" I guess or something stupid like that. Maybe in a scenario where icon and zz/bvslot got conftowned by claims and I'd be forced to reconsider my gameviews there'd be a very small chance? Idk. I'm kind of sad though because when d2 was going on and it looked like love was doomed (korina, ico, bu, I think most people where pushing or scumreading her) I wrote up a congrats thing in my notes because I thought after that lynch you like get partner zz easypeasy quicklynch and super fast GG d3 but I was not only wrong on partner but also obviously the love thing fell apart because I think korina replaced? and people started fighting again.

Mmm, Idk how but I also have to be more rational or detached when people are hard pushing me for stylistic reasons. When people focus on me I either think (oh they're trying to read me that's so good) like lovebird early/mid despite her having like no other scumhunting or activity in the game, or I get hardpushed in a way like cheeky that makes me feel I have almost no way to defend myself against it and it makes me want to go off the deep end and really hard 1v1 them to try to lynch them just so they stop pushing me. It was bad here too because both scum were somewhat scumreading/willing to lynch me I think (love vote and GL casing me) so it was kind of in their control/definitely they contributed and it's bad for scum to be able to affect me like that, if it was just town it wouldn't have been as severe I think. In fact that and the risk that I was going to get mislynched later was why I did try to bait NK, though I also thought that play gave me a slightly better chance of, well, not being lynched from that very same wagon d1, I was definitely hoping to get killed at that point. I guess that tactical thing is a very small victory in this but I have a lot to learn wrt to defending pushes on me and learning how to read very high-effort high-detail tried-very-hard-to-fake-thought-processes people like GL, or maybe basically just be more paranoid.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Also I should queue somewhat more carefully. I know I can't function well especially d1 when there's lurkers >= [size of scumteam] but I thought the mod message on replacements being like blacklisted would not only minimize replacements but also somehow keep people active (idk why I thought that part). Though also usually I have a few people I've played with before which kinda helps in reads, in this case I've only vaguely played with N_M and it wasn't much and I can't really read him, I think normally that boost and having less to try to learn just what peoples base styles are (instead of wasting a ton of time on trying to learn via metadigs) can compensate when I have trouble reading other slots (including lurkish slots) and I think is usually is why it's not as big a problem for me as it was here. Though it is in some ways a crutch and maybe the real solution is to git gud and like soulread lurkerslots somehow.
deranged and incoherent
?
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Quicklynch without waiting for the conf town because?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Good game everyone. GreenLiquid carried the scumteam and deserved the win. It would have taken a lot of effort to figure out that he was the last scum. I started wondering if it was actually GreenLiquid as opposed to Cheeky towards the end but by that time, the thread was locked. I don't really understand why BuJaber was suspected here. He was closest to "obvtown" that anyone was in this game.

There was a time during D2 (before I claimed) that I was considering quick-hammering Lovebird. Missed opportunity. I really wish I didn't get distracted with Ank. It looks like my scumhunting is pretty rusty. My misreads on Ank and Cheeky pretty much lost the game. I don't get why you voted so quickly though BuJaber. I thought we agreed Lovebird was going to be the lynch and if you and Cheeky had spent 3-way analyzing interactions with each other, we may have pulled through.

This game was somewhat interesting in that me and BuJaber seemed to make sense to each other while CheekyTeeky and Ankamius made sense to each other. But it certainly seemed like neither camp was able to understand where the other was coming from. It also looked like scum aligned themselves on opposing sides. Lovebird was somehow townread by Cheeky and Ank while GreenLiquid was scumread. Whereas me and BuJaber seemed perfectly confident Lovebird was mafia but somehow missed that GreenLiquid was too. I guess if I had been able to communicate better with people like Ankamius, it might have turned out differently (example and ), we might have been able to realize that the scum were people who
weren't
blatantly town. Apologies to Ank/Cheeky for scumreading/mislynching you. I'll dissect this game to see where I went wrong going forward.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I'm sorry I miscalculated I thought we needed 4 to lynch today so I wanted to see how people vote and then Icon could come in and hammer.

Cheeky now you're saying I'm obvtown?
You had me confused too much I couldn't see you as town.
I knew you couldn't be scum with GL. GL was pretty obvious to me as scum until you started hyperposting in day 2 after ank replaced in. If you notice GL didn't do much to stop the love wagon because he scumread her so couldn't. You and ank derailing the love wagon looked to me like a scumclaim. I didn't think any scum would be defending them and push for other people as much as you (and to some extent ank) did unless love was their buddy. Ank flipped town so you had to be the scum with love.
So I had a choice to lynch love first or you first. I chose you because I figured town!GL would definitely lynch love over me in lylo but if you were alive his tunnel on me might blind him.
Love/GL team was in my mind but I thought that there was no way you would vote for GL at lylo and I would also be inclined to vote for you so what the hell if you are town I wanted to rip the bandaid as soon as possible and end this horrible game.

Can I get an apology now that people know I'm town? Was very frustrating. Day 1 I understand most of you never played with me but by the time we got to ank replacement time I felt I was so obvious.
We would have lynched love according to plan if nobody pushed me.

Sorry if I upset anyone during the heated moments.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”