Micro 798 - Splatoon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:38 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 62, Ausuka wrote:
In post 49, brassherald wrote:I was phone posting earlier and the Ausuka v. Vorpal Blade hydra is still "meh" to me.
+townpoints here.
Why do you call him towny for this?[/quote]
Because it was the same thing I was thinking.
In post 63, Human Sequencer wrote:brassherald's push on mylo feels genuine and towny but i don't rly agree with it
don't think it's faked

mylo if you don't post more you're next, after voyc
we really need to get this game into get guys
Voyc is new. Don't you think Mylo is scummier?
In post 66, skitter30 wrote:
In post 29, doomfeathers wrote:He's doing little and hasn't really posted anything relevant to the game.
I mean, you could have said that about a lot of people at that stage, so I don't really get why you were making an announcement about liking your RVS vote ten posts after you made it.
Call it gut. I think he's especially scummy, and I wanted to call attention to him.
In post 29, doomfeathers wrote:We're barely out of RVS. Is there any real danger of being lynched?
I don't think so, not particularly. I do, however, think that scum would be cognizant of a decent-sized wagon on them that early and, like, care about it and that therefore there'd be some indication that they at least noticed the wagon, and there wasn't from him.
When I'm scum, I go out of my way to ignore wagons on me. :|
In post 67, Human Sequencer wrote:im fairly sure lycanfire will come around and start posting alignment indicative content eventually
Helpful, thank you.
In post 68, Human Sequencer wrote:
In post 65, Ausuka wrote:I would not be interested in starting a Voyc wagon. This is still early-game, and not having contributed much so far definitely doesn't make her scum. If she's still barely posted anything towards the end of the day, she'd be a better wagon, but right now it's just meh to me.
this is really bad
i take it back let's not do a voyc wagon
vote ausuka

this gels really poorly with your comments earlier about rvs wagons being good

like I can see a perspective for each side, "early pressure wagons are good because they generate informational and propel the gamestate forward" and "there's no point voting x because they haven't done anything scummy and there's still plenty of time left"
which makes me think you're haphazardly throwing fake perspectives around as you wish to fit what you need at that particular time
I don't think that's true. Those two viewpoints are, in fact, compatible; lots of town don't play as I wish they would, but I don't always scumread them for it.
In post 69, Ausuka wrote:Wagons for no/little reason are good in RVS, when there's nothing AI to go on. Right now, this game absolutely does not fit that description, and there's not much point in wagoning a lurker right now IMO.
I think there is. Most people who are involved look decently townie to me, whereas the lurkers for the most part don't.

Voyc's still not my favorite lynch target, but I'll compromise and make a wagon.

VOTE: Voyc
That's L2.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:41 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Correction: Everyone active except Skitter looks decently townie. I'm still suspicious of her, but I couldn't say why.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Votecount 1.1(2) Ausuka: Vartsun (), Human Sequencer ()
(2) Human Sequencer: skitter30 (), Voyc ()
(1) Vartsun: Lycanfire ()
(1) brassherald: Myloninja13 ()
(3) Voyc: brassherald (), Ausuka (), doomfeathers ()

deadline is in (expired on 2018-04-21 02:55:00)
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Vartsun »

What bothers me most about Ausuka right now, and it may be a playstyle thing but I don't think it is, is that Ausuka is willing to drop paragraphs of justification and response to being pushed--however, when it comes to Ausuka actually making pushes or engaging with other players, Ausuka is very silent about why.

I think there's actually something of a slip from Ausuka that indicates that this play is scum play.
Ausuka's criticized our slot as 'trying to look pro-town' for giving rationale to our engagement and pushes as we've been making them.
Ausuka, when put on the defensive, pulls out this same self-admitted 'seemingly protown' play.
That makes it clear to me that Ausuka's posts are manufactured scum posts.
Ausuka is playing in a way that they think isn't overbearingly town, but when their motivations are called into question, they default to playing in the way they think town should play. It's inconsistent. It's scum.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Vartsun »

I'm also not a fan of the forced apathy against Vartsun v Ausuka, especially coming from Human Sequencer. Insisting on not engaging with what is one of the most content-producing pushes of the game is anti-town at best.
The whole thing reeks of scum trying to shut down an early push that could be very telling for player alignments and to move the game momentum elsewhere;
And do you see what happened right after that? Voyc gets put at L-2.

-V
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Hm. Your points are very convincing, but I'd have to reread the game to see whether I believe them to be true. I have a headache right now, but I'll get to it later.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Voyc »

Hi yeah I'm here!
I didn't have time to really post until now, but I've been reading along

I'm liking doom so far
And I agree w/ skitter that brass' willingness to read other people's games and try to meta them seems townie
In post 71, Ausuka wrote:that's actually a good point, this isn't anything like her towngame. that makes this wagon a lot better.
Are you going off from what brass said or did you look into them yourself?
The wording seems to indicate the latter but for some reason I'm not buying it

@skitter, is there anyone you feel is scummy? Also, what are your thoughts on Vartsun?

I want to reread through Vartsun vs Ausuka, I'll probably get to that not too later today
I don't have a read on Vartsun but Ausuka feels off, it's pretty weak gut though so I'll see
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 81, Voyc wrote:
In post 71, Ausuka wrote:that's actually a good point, this isn't anything like her towngame. that makes this wagon a lot better.
I got bored of reading their squabble about three wallposts ago.

VOTE: Lycanfire
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Vartsun »

In post 82, doomfeathers wrote: I got bored of reading their squabble about three wallposts ago.

VOTE: Lycanfire

This is that shit I'm talking about.

-V
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

In post 79, Vartsun wrote:I'm also not a fan of the forced apathy against Vartsun v Ausuka, especially coming from Human Sequencer. Insisting on not engaging with what is one of the most content-producing pushes of the game is anti-town at best.
The whole thing reeks of scum trying to shut down an early push that could be very telling for player alignments and to move the game momentum elsewhere;
And do you see what happened right after that? Voyc gets put at L-2.

-V
except I'm literally pushing ausuka right now
so you might wanna try this paragraph/thought again at some point
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:46 pm

is also really bad
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm

@doomfeathers i don't think either is scummy because neither has been fuckin posting
my pushes on the, are solely to make them interact more with the promise of legitimate pressure somewhere down the line if they still refuse to play the game
nah
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 81, Voyc wrote:
I looked into it myself.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 78, Vartsun wrote:What bothers me most about Ausuka right now, and it may be a playstyle thing but I don't think it is, is that Ausuka is willing to drop paragraphs of justification and response to being pushed--however, when it comes to Ausuka actually making pushes or engaging with other players, Ausuka is very silent about why.
I think I've explained most/all of my scumreads at some point. I'm willing to admit that the point I made in post 25 is pretty much NAI, I scumread your slot now for other reasons that I was trying to explain in . After I made one weak post, your slot suddenly jumped on me, and acted like you had a full scumcase on me on page 2, including saying that I was scummy for putting someone at L-2, which means pretty much nothing, saying that I was pushing for you to be lynched on page 2, and saying that I was dodging your question when I answered it in the most direct way I could.
In post 78, Vartsun wrote: Ausuka's criticized our slot as 'trying to look pro-town' for giving rationale to our engagement and pushes as we've been making them.
no, this is still wrong, and I don't know why your slot keeps pushing as if I was doing that.
In post 78, Vartsun wrote: Ausuka is playing in a way that they think isn't overbearingly town, but when their motivations are called into question, they default to playing in the way they think town should play. It's inconsistent. It's scum.
no, I'm literally just answering your points. like, I don't even get what you're trying to say here.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: Vartsun
Voyc's post was pretty towny (before anyone asks; no, this is not a logic-based read, and no, I can't write a paragraph explaining it to you) so I'm happier voting here.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by Ausuka »

actually I probably will try to do something like that, and I'll do it for the other posters too. I have a lot of free time right now and this game is only four pages long. Note that these players are in playerlist order.

Spoiler: Voyc
The only post so far with much content from her is which gives the valid explanation for her not really posting- she was busy IRL, which isn't AI of course. I do kinda get where her reads are coming from, and the post feels genuine, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is town.

Spoiler: Lycanfire
As I've already said I don't think I see anything AI here. and are RVS jokes that are 100% NAI. admittedly isn't RVS but I still don't see how it is indicative of either alignment. Lycanfire is null to me. I trust that if he's town, he will begin to make content, eventually.

Spoiler: doomfeathers
First thing that pops out to me upon reading his ISO is how he says in that Voyc isn't getting enough attention. I don't get this- it's incredibly early in the game and Voyc has barely posted, her only content is a RVS vote. I don't really like how he discredited me in and but I suppose I could see that coming from town? idk. Not sure why he keeps pushing on Lycan even after he acknowledges Lycan does this as his towngame, either. Even so, he just feels kinda genuine in his tone? Not sure about this slot rn.

Spoiler: Myloninja
I actually don't like . He's saying that the players who are active are towny, and going after the inactive players/easy targets, and now he's gone inactive himself? I scumlean this slot right now and I'd like to see more from it.

Spoiler: Human Sequencer
I feel like he's been pretty towny overall? sounds towny to me, and although I obviously don't agree with it, feels like it comes from town who thought they had found a contradiction, like a "gotcha!" moment. The only thing that would make me think otherwise is that Voyc and Ausuka are easy targets for scum in this gamestate, but meh, the way he was pushing a perfectly easy Voyc wagon and suddenly switched to me feels like it is much more likely to be town than scum. I townread HS.

Spoiler: skitter30
In she sees what I see in mylo, so she gets townpoints for that. I like as well, although I might just be biased because she's the only one who really townreads me at this point :lol:

Spoiler: brassherald
I do kinda like - I scumread mylo too, although for different reasons, and the read seems genuine. The fact he actually tried to metadive Lycan in and makes me believe he is probably town who wants to look into his targets and figure out their alignments.

I think {Voyc, HS, skitter, brassherald} are all probably town, {Lycan, doom} are around null to me, and {Mylo, Vartsun} are scumreads.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:47 am

Post by brassherald »

UNVOTE:

I like the latest post from Voyc. I can't catch up though because my idiot brother in law just fell with my niece on his shoulders so, family has to come first.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Vartsun »

In post 88, Ausuka wrote: I think I've explained most/all of my scumreads at some point.
It doesn't take a genius to look at your ISO and realize every vote you've made had been done so with little justification until after the fact--this is exactly what I'm saying; when your scumreads/motivations have been called into question, you've defaulted to what you've admitted is a stance that "looks town."
In post 88, Ausuka wrote: After I made one weak post, your slot suddenly jumped on me, and acted like you had a full scumcase on me on page 2
I've explained my rationale for voting for you, and it's not 'jumping on' you or 'acting like' I had a scumcase, you fucking trash person--don't try to sweep me under the rug like that.
You're playing the victim here and acting as though my points are contrived rather than borne of legitimate concern over the alignment of your slot and the motivations behind your actions.
The more you position like this, the more I hate your guts.

VOTE: Ausuka
Please die.

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Vartsun »

In post 91, brassherald wrote:UNVOTE:

I like the latest post from Voyc. I can't catch up though because my idiot brother in law just fell with my niece on his shoulders so, family has to come first.
Can you explain what you like about that post?
Where was the moment you decided it was worth an unvote?

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Vartsun »

Right now, I'm pressed in responding due to multiple things in life coming up, plus, line-by-lining
Ausuka
has lost its point.

I'll need to see more of
Doom and Brass
, but I feel comfortable with them at the moment. Page 3 and Page 4 makes me believe their genuinely looking to solve the game, growing townreads here.

I dislike the
Voyc
wagon though, it came shit-out-of-nowhere almost.

Soon, I'll get to posting a larger set of reads that will help formulate my thoughts in full.
In post 80, doomfeathers wrote:Hm. Your points are very convincing, but I'd have to reread the game to see whether I believe them to be true. I have a headache right now, but I'll get to it later.
Upon rereading, have you had any changes in thoughts/reads?
In post 81, Voyc wrote:Hi yeah I'm here!
I didn't have time to really post until now, but I've been reading along

I'm liking doom so far
And I agree w/ skitter that brass' willingness to read other people's games and try to meta them seems townie

@skitter, is there anyone you feel is scummy? Also, what are your thoughts on Vartsun?

I want to reread through Vartsun vs Ausuka, I'll probably get to that not too later today
I don't have a read on Vartsun but Ausuka feels off, it's pretty weak gut though so I'll see
:D I like that someone's taking interest in a larger discussion point here. How do you feel about
skitter
?

I don't get why he stated
Varsoon's
'overconfidence' and then lead with nothing else about that. I feel like he's been present but elusive.
In post 88, Ausuka wrote:
In post 78, Vartsun wrote: Ausuka's criticized our slot as 'trying to look pro-town' for giving rationale to our engagement and pushes as we've been making them.
no, this is still wrong, and I don't know why your slot keeps pushing as if I was doing that.
In post 78, Vartsun wrote: Ausuka is playing in a way that they think isn't overbearingly town, but when their motivations are called into question, they default to playing in the way they think town should play. It's inconsistent. It's scum.
no, I'm literally just answering your points. like, I don't even get what you're trying to say here.
....If both of our heads are COMPLETELY misinterpreting your push and reads, then explain it to us like we're dumb. I genuinely don't get your scumread and pushes anymore.

I also don't understand the Voyc vote here:
In post 65, Ausuka wrote:I would not be interested in starting a Voyc wagon. This is still early-game, and not having contributed much so far definitely doesn't make her scum. If she's still barely posted anything towards the end of the day, she'd be a better wagon, but right now it's just meh to me.
You went from saying her inactivity (even though its only been 2-3) is NAI; but
literally
15 minutes later, you vote her based on meta without any reasoning.

The fact that you're revoting this slot , while ignoring your light scumread on
Mylo
((which I'd like to hear about, by the way))
but states how wagoning is very effective for town, does not add up to me.

I just feel that your voting is opportunistic, and flows directly with what the majority wants at a given time.

~ Taly
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:59 pm

the end of is overly hateful and aggressive

it has no real place in the game and just breeds toxicity
if ausuka is town all it's going to do is make them want to participate less and interact with you less, which will make you scumread her even harder
if ausuka is scum it's just gonna make her feel fucking awful for actually playing the game and trying to reach her wincon

get your act together, varsoon

apart from that thread feels ded
let's get shit happening town

i'd like every single person who hasn't interacted with the ausuka wagon to post a justified read on the slot and justification as to why you're on or off the wagon

lurkers stop lurking please
nah
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Vartsun »

In post 95, Human Sequencer wrote:the end of is overly hateful and aggressive
I'll butcher you, too.
This is Mafia. I'm laying out a rope and telling a player that they should be lynched.
If Ausuka genuinely thinks I'm making threats against them as a person, I apologize, that's not the intent.
However, I fully intend to display my conviction with every stride I take and your niceguy arbiter act isn't going to earn you any town points here, kiddo.

-V
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 92, Vartsun wrote: you fucking trash person
oh no, nothing personal going on here. definitely not.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:54 pm

what nice guy arbiter act
you think i'm pretending?
fuck off with that weak shit
In post 96, Vartsun wrote: If Ausuka genuinely thinks I'm making threats against them as a person, I apologize, that's not the intent.
In post 92, Vartsun wrote: I've explained my rationale for voting for you, and it's not 'jumping on' you or 'acting like' I had a scumcase, you fucking trash person--don't try to sweep me under the rug like that.
really makes you think doesn't it
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:56 pm