Micro 798 - Splatoon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 121, Vartsun wrote:@Ausuka: I wish you could explain it better.
Who do you think is scum, at this point, and why?
I think myloninja is scum. It feels like he's been picking on easy targets in , saying that the active players are townies and those who haven't posted as much (and are less able to defend themselves) are scum. This is made even worse by the fact that, despite his criticism of brassherald and Voyc for not posting much, he has been lurking more than anyone else so far.

I think you're scum as well, because I feel like your push on me was very strong for weak reasons. The fact that you accused me of trying to push through a lynch on page 2, and trying to discourage activity, is scummy to me; I don't think scum actually does these things, and you accusing me of doing so this early feels far-fetched to me. You've also pretty consistently pushed me as scum for putting you at L-2 early on; and I have never understood that play, either. It feels more like a fabrication of a case than a real one.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Vartsun »

@Ausuka: If you're putting people at L-2, do you not intend to see them lynched? There's a difference between building an RVS wagon that'll generate content and just piling on votes, like what you were doing early on. I've seen scum push through RVS wagons and I've seen scum control game rhetoric plenty of times--I've done it a lot as scum, myself. On the point of fabricating a case versus having a real one, it feels like I could say the same thing about you, so I don't really know where that gets us. That's why I'm trying to understand more of where you're coming from.

I don't think Myloninja is scum for trying to bring attention to slots that have posted less. If anything, we should be trying to get those lurker slots more into the game. I'm not entirely certain that Myloninja actually is saying they have a scumread on those players, but instead seems to just be trying to put pressure in those places.

Ausuka, how many games of mafia have you played before this one?

-V
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 126, Vartsun wrote:@Ausuka: If you're putting people at L-2, do you not intend to see them lynched?
No. The wagon still requires two more votes to reach a lynch, and there's no serious risk of a two-player quickhammer at this point, but it's more likely to get reactions, at least in my experience. I've even seen (experienced) players put wagons at L-1.
In post 126, Vartsun wrote:I've seen scum push through RVS wagons and I've seen scum control game rhetoric plenty of times--I've done it a lot as scum, myself.
That's actually interesting; can I have a link to one of these games? I've never seen a RVS wagon get to lynch, and I would expect that if that happened, whoever quickhammered the wagon would be almost instantly lynched d2.
In post 126, Vartsun wrote: On the point of fabricating a case versus having a real one, it feels like I could say the same thing about you, so I don't really know where that gets us.
Fair enough.
In post 126, Vartsun wrote: I don't think Myloninja is scum for trying to bring attention to slots that have posted less. If anything, we should be trying to get those lurker slots more into the game.
I mean, I get where you're coming from on that... but myloninja IS a lurker slot. He's contributed nothing, other than saying "We should vote for these other lurkers!" It feels really fake that he would push them for that despite him doing the exact same thing, especially considering that the game was so early on that these players couldn't really be lurking, in the traditional sense.
In post 126, Vartsun wrote: I'm not entirely certain that Myloninja actually is saying they have a scumread on those players, but instead seems to just be trying to put pressure in those places.
I'm not sure what the point of doing so is quite early, and it doesn't look real to me, whether he's claiming they're scum or not.
In post 126, Vartsun wrote: Ausuka, how many games of mafia have you played before this one?
A lot, but I only remember games from this current site meta. It might explain some things if you were used to an older site meta where different things happened? Because I'm used to day 1 lasting 100 pages, not 2 :lol:
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Embarrassingly, the first game that comes to mind is Diamond Shreddies 2, where I was complicit in it: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=60632

I don't see where Myloninja is calling for OTHER people vote lurker slots, just that he votes brass for having 1 post so far.
I actually don't think there's much in Mylo's ISO that lets me read them either way. I'd still lean it more town than scum because their observations seem less like positioning and more like explaining developing reads, but it's reaaaal scarce in that ISO.

I've been playing (mostly) on this site for the last five years, fairly consistently. I am more used to the modding side of games, where the medium-to-large setups that I mod go to 100 pages, but I've played and run games where day phase has been very short. I was curious of your experience, because I'm not sure if you're coming from an informed place with lots of experience or just postulating based on what you believe to be the case, especially when it comes to things that town or scum 'would' do.

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Kind of funny aside: I even mention, in Diamond Shreddies 2, that I was pushing for a fast lynch solely to use it as a point of meta in other games. Cute.

-V
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 128, Vartsun wrote:Embarrassingly, the first game that comes to mind is Diamond Shreddies 2, where I was complicit in it: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=60632
Well, I stand corrected, I guess. I think boonskiies used to have a reputation for hammering all L-1 wagons though?
In post 128, Vartsun wrote: I don't see where Myloninja is calling for OTHER people vote lurker slots, just that he votes brass for having 1 post so far.
Meh, I think when you vote someone, it's kinda inherently implied you want there to be a wagon on them. And the reason I think it's weird from Mylo is that his post was actually his second post of the game. I think his criticism of lurking there was somewhat hypocritical. (and yeah, I do view the vote as exactly that.)
In post 128, Vartsun wrote: I actually don't think there's much in Mylo's ISO that lets me read them either way. I'd still lean it more town than scum because their observations seem less like positioning and more like explaining developing reads, but it's reaaaal scarce in that ISO.
Yeah, I agree there's not much to read in it, but from what there is, I lean scum on the slot.
In post 128, Vartsun wrote: I've been playing (mostly) on this site for the last five years, fairly consistently. I am more used to the modding side of games, where the medium-to-large setups that I mod go to 100 pages, but I've played and run games where day phase has been very short. I was curious of your experience, because I'm not sure if you're coming from an informed place with lots of experience or just postulating based on what you believe to be the case, especially when it comes to things that town or scum 'would' do.
I think I do have quite a lot of experience. I had almost 9000 posts on my old account, although I don't think this means as much as it used to in the new meta. Although, I think you can reasonably read into the motivation town and scum have for doing things without having a lot of experience.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by Vartsun »

UNVOTE: for now.
I need to talk to my other head about things before moving forward.
I'm understanding more of where you stand on things--I still don't agree with it or like it, but I'm not seeing as much of the scum motivation that I saw before.

And, yeah, I was specifically asking for Boon to hammer a quick wagon cus I knew he would in that game.

-V
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 114, Vartsun wrote:@Skitter: Ah, I was reading that the rationale + questions = busywork, not just questions = busywork.
If I don't ask questions, though, how am I ever going to learn things?
Should I try to be more transparent with what conclusions people's answers lead me to, or why I'm asking the questions that I am?
I'm already so verbose that some people aren't reading my posts as-is.
Yeah I read ausuka's post as questions = busywork, not rationale + questions = busywork, and I think your later posts make more sense to me in this context.

And tbh your questions at the very beginning did same kinda inane and/or 'making a mountain out of a molehill'-y. Thing is that it was RVS and like that's kinda how you leave RVS imo, by finding something interesting to talk about, so I didn't have a problem with that.

Like I said earlier, I think the conflict between you and ausuka is at least partially a playstyle thing; she thinks the best way to get out of RVS is just to wagon someone and see if something interesting happens.

I think that explaining the motivations behind your questions and the conclusions you got from them would probably help with the busywork thing, idk. I feel like most of the players here will read wall-posts if they're not multiple-rounds of a back-and-forth between two players arguing about minutia?

--

I think ausuka is very probably town. Vartsun maybe also? At least, the things that I was finding scummy about them no longer apply (ie I thought they were misrepping ausuka but I now think we were reading her posts differently).

--
In post 126, Vartsun wrote:I don't think Myloninja is scum for trying to bring attention to slots that have posted less. If anything, we should be trying to get those lurker slots more into the game. I'm not entirely certain that Myloninja actually is saying they have a scumread on those players, but instead seems to just be trying to put pressure in those places.
Right, by my point is that it feels kinda low-hanging-fruit-y at that point that there was actually game content to engage with by then.

I actually think I want to VOTE: mylo.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I'm okay with this, Vartsun is townier now.
VOTE: Myloninja
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 81, Voyc wrote:Hi yeah I'm here!
I didn't have time to really post until now, but I've been reading along

I'm liking doom so far
And I agree w/ skitter that brass' willingness to read other people's games and try to meta them seems townie
In post 71, Ausuka wrote:that's actually a good point, this isn't anything like her towngame. that makes this wagon a lot better.
VOTE: Voyc
Are you going off from what brass said or did you look into them yourself?
The wording seems to indicate the latter but for some reason I'm not buying it

@skitter, is there anyone you feel is scummy? Also, what are your thoughts on Vartsun?

I want to reread through Vartsun vs Ausuka, I'll probably get to that not too later today
I don't have a read on Vartsun but Ausuka feels off, it's pretty weak gut though so I'll see
I was asked why I liked this past earlier, I liked that thought went into this post, but it's been a while and a reread of two slots in a 6 page game (it was fewer on Friday) should have been done now, so, good feelings gone. I feel like a promise for content that people don't follow the through with is scummy.

The current push on Mylo is good as my suspicions have never abated from my vote of him earlier but in order to lay down a vote right now, I'd need a vote count. Consider my vote on him I'll go back and make sure what the votes are now
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Post by brassherald »

VOTE: mylo

This is the third vote, it takes 5 to lynch so that means L-2
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Sorry, back from a trip from Melbourne and too tired. I'll talk in roughly 24 hours.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Lycanfire »

uh

yeah i'm going to go on a think about whether i want to actually support this game

i feel really fucking uncomfortable by a grown ass adult telling a minor to go die

i say some mean shit. i tunnel on people for no reason. i at least make it clear it's because i think they're scum and remind them it's the rope i wanna string them with.

that's the end of my soapboxing. here's some content.

--

I have a pretty clear TR on Skitter just from the pointed questions she's been asking ("why brass over voyc?"). The worst thing she's possibly done is never interact with Ausuka while using one of their quotes as a defense. I noted in the Team Mafia tiebreaker that Leonshade whiteknighting GIF to his buddy was a safe play, which somehow turned into a blind TR of his buddy later on for no reason. Don't ask how we lost the tiebreaker. I suppose what I'm trying to say is this isn't super wolfy, but if Skitter is a wolf, Ausuka is a villager.

Brass is super townie. He could probably effort more but Ivguess we all could. I suppose I just find the vote distasteful (no real direction)

Voyc is distant but not disagreeable. A lot of is easy to say, but they're not being a mover, or a shaker. They're actually putting a lot of weight on whatever Doom/Brass/Skitter says, which gives us a pretty good idea of who their partner is if they were to ever flip scum. Voyc is kind of relegating themselves to a backseat here, and in a scum slot that limits their agency. A partner here would be somebody loud going aggro like Vartsun/Ausuka/HS. Verdict: probably town. A townie has options here. A scumplayer is really just limiting themselves no reason at all.

Doomfeathers is seemingly suspicious of everything. Wanton suspicion is townie, but it's a house of cards deal. If you have so many concurrent thoughts how are you able to rationalize them all at the same time? At some point you have to make assumptions. Even uncomfortable ones. If the disparity is so great, it's absolutely expected to lash out at the people causing you dissonance and 'correct' what is wrong. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'd expect more questions and a lot more sense. I want a dancing bear, not a juggler.

Ausuka is supreme lynchbait. I don't know who has experience with whom here but Aausuka is 100% an alt of one of the worst scumplayers on this site. No. They're not Yume or Carcalilly. Actually, they're slightly better, if only because they don't flake out scum slots.

The Mylo vote from Ausuka feels kneejerky in the vein of skitter mentioning hesitancy... from Ausuka relating to Mylo. I mean, townies can do the whole "yeah i can vote anyone and it doesn't matter in the grand scheme" thing, the issue is well in the tail lights where it ought to matter to them to begin with, to y'know, justify voting anyone not proving themselves to be town. At the same time Skitter and Brass aren't doing anything different minus the different situation. Basically, effort.

Mylo isn't all that invested in finding scum. I like finding scum.

Vartsun is either a VI or scum. The hard dodge from the Varsoon head is frankly disingenuous to me. Varsoon is meticulous in modding games, yet recently (<2 months) put me on a list of people that played his games to completion. Here's a thing to note: I've never played in any of his games or to completion. I played Steven Universe 2 as part of a hydra account, got fed up with the playerlist and flaked out day 2. Obviously I was on his mind a year after this game when he made this list for whatever reason. I can't say I had a standout performance in that game enough to be remembered. I had pretty much no worthwhile impact beyond saying some townie things that kept my hydra partner from being turbolynched as fast as they could have been.
In post 100, Vartsun wrote:Oho, who's being hateful and aggressive, breeding toxicity, making people want to participate less and interact with someone less now, hmmmm?
I can apply a good tell i got from SU2 on Foxbird that I later used on a Maria alt in a game later that year. It's called, "shit stirring posts are scum"

Why try go discredit HS this way when you can just say-
In post 84, Human Sequencer wrote:
In post 79, Vartsun wrote:I'm also not a fan of the forced apathy against Vartsun v Ausuka, especially coming from Human Sequencer. Insisting on not engaging with what is one of the most content-producing pushes of the game is anti-town at best.
The whole thing reeks of scum trying to shut down an early push that could be very telling for player alignments and to move the game momentum elsewhere;
And do you see what happened right after that? Voyc gets put at L-2.

-V
except I'm literally pushing ausuka right now
so you might wanna try this paragraph/thought again at some point
They're being a manipulative scumfucker? I mean, hell, in you're not holding back in calling him scum over it. Finish him!

Anyways, here's the real kicker for me.
In post 63, Human Sequencer wrote:
In post 52, doomfeathers wrote:Current assessment of gamestate: Far too much fight and too little think.
yeah this

vartsun vs. ausuka makes me snooze
i have nfi how to read taly and i don't think varsoon has posted anything particularly difficult for him to fake so I'm not sure what to make of him either
dunno about ausuka, a little scummy but I'd like to see broader interaction

ausuka

would you be interested in starting a voyc wagon? why/why not?

voyc

brassherald's push on mylo feels genuine and towny but i don't rly agree with it
don't think it's faked

mylo if you don't post more you're next, after voyc
we really need to get this game into get guys
This post is awful for many reasons-like-I have no fucking clue how somebody fucks up this badly.

1. Stating you have no idea how to read the Vartsun hydra. How about you get a read?
2. Let's ignore Vartsun vs Ausuka, then later say, "literally pushing ausuka right now" on the next page when they inserts themselves
into
the conflict.
3. Question to Ausuka that doesn't seem to mean anything to them, no real followup done
4. Isn't interacting with Voyc, is instead bouncing between commentary-interaction and against back to commentary.
5. Back to an interaction where HS is speaking directly to Mylo. I don't have a problem with this... If it happens twice, it's a coincidence. Any more than that and it's a pattern. What is with the lack of interactions in the bag mixed with interactions? The entirety of just
looks
like it's skirting some line that isn't quite visible.

I'm somebody that reads hard into people interacting with one another. Yeah, enjoy being put on notice. Anybody rolling scum against me is probably going to look through at least a single ISO of me so there's no surprises here. There's no direct quotes here, like HS doesn't actually want to combat the people they want to talk about. It's also hopelessly shallow because it's structured in a personal-not-personal way. The depth it lacks is any real teeth threatening scum. If I drew scum and saw a post like this aimed against me I would wonder if they actually cared about the opinions of anybody they're mentioning, much less my own. If it isn't scumhunting what is it?

VOTE: HS

They're impersonal, not dedicated to finding scum while trying to create the illusion that they actually care. Despite holding out on hoping I would make an AI post I feel like I was already doing good things™ in my question toward the Taly head, which I had the impression HS made a major pass over of it despite keeping their vote on the hydra when they made
In post 34, Human Sequencer wrote:@vartsun
i looked at it
i laughed at it
i conquered
is that how the saying goes

doomfeathers' reads on mylo and me feel like they were born from genuine confusion and mystique about the game state and his desire to move the game state forward scream town to me. I don't think it's being faked (it's possible, but I doubt it)

it's north mentioning that out of the players not participating too much in the thread at that point (hs, mylo, voyc, brassherald, lycanfire) he specifically mentions hs and mylo as suspicious and says that voyc needs more attention without commenting on the other two at all
so oh the odd chance doom flips scum i think lycanfire and brass herald are a good place to look for second

is pretty questionable
I'd like for you to participate a little more in the rest of the thread voyc
Right afterward. For all the hope that I'd do something AI, HS is certainly trying hard to pretend that I never questioned Taly's intention to find scum when the expected behavior was to enable me in some way - "yeah fuck that vartsun person" / "hey lycan you like asking questions why don't you do more of that :cop: "

I want Vartsun to show me how committed they are to lynching scum.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Vartsun »

I did mean in the context of this game--slots are lynched and they die. Scum kill slots and they die. That sort of thing. When I push a player for lynch, I am pushing them to the death. Again, would really rather discuss that sort of stuff in post. Once again, I apologize.

I'll agree that I'm not a fan of HS' play at all, though my other head has been saying they sometimes do get townvibes from the slot, and I don't want to move ahead with a push there unless I know both of us are on board.
Your points are cogent, though--I was saying some similar stuff in regards to HS' post 63, and I'm really waiting for HS to explain/justify their play so far this game.

As for that list of players who played in games of mine, it took over an hour to put together, and I had to go hunting down who was in what hydras and all that. Even then, I'm sure it's not entirely accurate, either. I do recall your name. When I was talking to Taly about people I recognized on this playerlist and if I had meta points to bring to the table, my contributions were basically;
I think I've played with Human Sequencer and Lycanfire?
But I don't recall anything about them
And brass replaced out of my game so
I'm not really familiar, no

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Vartsun »

I've talked to
Varsoon
about his intensity and word usage. There is no personal meaning behind what he's stated, although, I understand how some people feel about them.

*Message To Playerlist*
This is Hydra. There's 2 people in this slot. Hi, I'm Taly.
If you want to ask something to help understand 2 people at once, then I'm here as well.

If you townread or scumread one of us, you're townreading/scumreading the other.

Don't focus on one head. People forget this.

~

brassherald wrote:VOTE: mylo

This is the third vote, it takes 5 to lynch so that means L-2
Remind me why
Mylo's
the best lynch to you?

Mylo
has been on/off absent for about 2-3 days, so I don't see what people expect from voting them, or an elaborate reason to scumread them.

I can see your point on ; but with
Mylo's
general low activity, it does not seem AI to me, and it doesn't seem like a too-weird read given it was only on Page 2.

Spoiler: Me Talking About Ausuka, Brassherald, and Doomfeathers
~

The only people I'm somewhat familiar with is
Ausuka, Brassherald, and Doomfeathers
; but I'm not familiar enough to even consider meta-reading them.

That said; I don't think
me/Varaoon
tunneling
Ausuka
does anything productive, and I'm going to reread her latest responses to
Varsoon
when I do a full playerlist read in about 1-2 days. I have less conviction in my scumread her.

I still don't fully understand her scumread though :/ I feel like
Ausuka's
been focusing on my other head's interactions, but I'm trying to understand her view of the game.

Doomfeathers;
where have you been for the past 2 days? What do you think about
Lycanfire
after he's posted more content?

Also, how are you reading
Brass
and
Ausuka
at the moment?

My gut on
Doomfeathers
is that he's town. He's not leaving small details out when he's responding to people, and he's suspecting people but also placing townreads with decent reasoning based on how much content is currently within the game.

~

Spoiler: Why I think Skitter is Town
Skitter
is towny to me. I'll elaborate in depth in my readslist but here's my thinking:
1)
Didn't buy into the
Mylo
vote reasoning, and sees the possibility of coming from town. This tells me that Skitter's not letting the majority influence her underlying thoughts, and is looking at other potential ideas.

2)
All of her posts have either included a question, assessment, or read. Very open with her thoughts.

3)
Did not ignore or handwave dismiss
Vartsun V Ausuka
; took a chance to get to the bottom of interactions and gamesolve.
skitter30 wrote:And tbh your questions at the very beginning did same kinda inane and/or 'making a mountain out of a molehill'-y. Thing is that it was RVS and like that's kinda how you leave RVS imo, by finding something interesting to talk about, so I didn't have a problem with that.
I tend to intentionally bait reactions in RVS, personally.

That's how you get out of it; and
Ausuka's
original push on me was a good means to start discussion.

~

Spoiler: Ewww.
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote:Vartsun is either a VI or scum. The hard dodge from the Varsoon head is frankly disingenuous to me. Varsoon is meticulous in modding games, yet recently (<2 months) put me on a list of people that played his games to completion. Here's a thing to note: I've never played in any of his games or to completion. I played Steven Universe 2 as part of a hydra account, got fed up with the playerlist and flaked out day 2. Obviously I was on his mind a year after this game when he made this list for whatever reason. I can't say I had a standout performance in that game enough to be remembered. I had pretty much no worthwhile impact beyond saying some townie things that kept my hydra partner from being turbolynched as fast as they could have been.
I disapprove of this assessment of
Me/Varsoon

1)
Most of your read is based on Varsoon, yet I've also posted, and I've even brought up discussion revolving around you, and an explanation of my thoughts in this game. It's Page 1 and Page 2, mostly.

2)
The fact that you say we're either scum or a Village Idiot ((I think that's what VI means?)) sounds like a flippant discredit. It's the equivalent of saying:

"This guy is at worst, our objective to go against, and at best, useless!"
>>>>
Please tell me I'm wrong here.

Is this really the conclusion you come to after a
Varsoon/Ausuka
indepth talk, while not questioning or talking to the
Taly
head?

3)
Literally most of this paragraph is discussing that you were in a game
Varsoon
modded in.

Is this even a read?

Spoiler: Are You Alive, HS?
~

Q's For Human Sequencer

1)
Where are your thoughts on Ausuka now? ...Also what were your original thoughts on Ausuka? I didn't see a lot of your individual opinion on her being scum in the first place.

2)
General readslist would be helpful, thanks.

Spoilers help me organize, and are less of a pain for others to read.

~ Taly
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Voyc »

I actually did read over Vartsun/Ausuka on Friday, and since then I've been thinking it's actually probably TvT
The conversation between Varsoon and Ausuka these past few pages has reinforced my thoughts on that

Also I would move my vote to HS but it's already there
So just saying, it's really not RVS anymore

I'm not really seeing a reason to vote Mylo, they're pretty null to me rn
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

Spoiler: Thoughts on Lycan's post
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote:I have a pretty clear TR on Skitter just from the pointed questions she's been asking ("why brass over voyc?").
I don't particularly think that 'asking pointed questions' is a good reason to townread me tbh.
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote:I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'd expect more questions and a lot more sense. I want a dancing bear, not a juggler.
Can you translate this sentence into like mafia terms? Does this mean you think his wanton suspicion is not completely natural and/or might be fake?
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote:The Mylo vote from Ausuka feels kneejerky in the vein of skitter mentioning hesitancy... from Ausuka relating to Mylo. I mean, townies can do the whole "yeah i can vote anyone and it doesn't matter in the grand scheme" thing, the issue is well in the tail lights where it ought to matter to them to begin with, to y'know, justify voting anyone not proving themselves to be town. At the same time Skitter and Brass aren't doing anything different minus the different situation. Basically, effort.
I'm kinda finding some of what you're saying fairly difficult to parse tbh. Are you trying to say that ausuka might be following my mylo vote cuz I noted earlier that she *wasn't* voting mylo, so this might be a knee-jerk reaction to show me she *isn't* being hesitant about voting there? And that this is a reason to townread her? Can you like explain this bit again?
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote:Mylo isn't all that invested in finding scum.
I like finding scum
Kinda LAMIST tbh
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote:Vartsun is either a VI or scum. The hard dodge from the Varsoon head is frankly disingenuous to me. Varsoon is meticulous in modding games, yet recently (<2 months) put me on a list of people that played his games to completion. Here's a thing to note: I've never played in any of his games or to completion. I played Steven Universe 2 as part of a hydra account, got fed up with the playerlist and flaked out day 2. Obviously I was on his mind a year after this game when he made this list for whatever reason. I can't say I had a standout performance in that game enough to be remembered. I had pretty much no worthwhile impact beyond saying some townie things that kept my hydra partner from being turbolynched as fast as they could have been.
What 'hard dodge' from Varsoon are you referring to?

What does the list have to do with your read on the slot here?
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote:I can apply a good tell i got from SU2 on Foxbird that I later used on a Maria alt in a game later that year. It's called, "shit stirring posts are scum"
Are you applying this to vartsun or HS? (Or maybe both?)

I don't know how I feel about lycan's HS push right now. Like I understand where they're coming from but it feels over-explained almost? Like try-hardy? Idk how to articulate that better atm.

--
In post 139, Vartsun wrote:1) Didn't buy into the Mylo vote reasoning, and sees the possibility of 46 coming from town. This tells me that Skitter's not letting the majority influence her underlying thoughts, and is looking at other potential ideas.
Well, no, I actually wasn't really considering that post as coming from town so much as I thought it was a weird misreading of the situation that demonstrates a lack of an ability to toneread and also could signify a lazy attempt by someone to look like they're participating without actually contributing anything.

Neither of these things are inherently AI so much as indicators that he isn't really reading or following along carefully or participating much.
In post 139, Vartsun wrote:I tend to intentionally bait reactions in RVS, personally.

That's how you get out of it; and Ausuka's original push on me was a good means to start discussion.
Yes, I agree. My point is that your early posts *did* feel kinda forced and overly nit-picky almost and that's what I think ausuka picked up on. I just don't think forced posts that propel the game out of RVS are scummy, which is why I didn't make a thing about it.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Voyc »

In post 94, Vartsun wrote: How do you feel about
skitter
?
I'm pretty unsure about Skitter, something's bothering me, but I'm not sure what it is
I can also see where her posts could be coming from as town though
Basically, I'm really not sure, a scumlean on her would be more a "if I absolutely had to say one or the other" one
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote: I have a pretty clear TR on Skitter just from the pointed questions she's been asking ("why brass over voyc?"). The worst thing she's possibly done is never interact with Ausuka while using one of their quotes as a defense. I noted in the Team Mafia tiebreaker that Leonshade whiteknighting GIF to his buddy was a safe play, which somehow turned into a blind TR of his buddy later on for no reason. Don't ask how we lost the tiebreaker. I suppose what I'm trying to say is this isn't super wolfy, but if Skitter is a wolf, Ausuka is a villager.

I'm really not getting how youre getting that association between Skitter and Ausuka?? Could you explain that again?
Also, would it be the same vice versa? If Ausuka is scum, Skitter is town?

Doomfeathers is seemingly suspicious of everything. Wanton suspicion is townie, but it's a house of cards deal. If you have so many concurrent thoughts how are you able to rationalize them all at the same time? At some point you have to make assumptions. Even uncomfortable ones. If the disparity is so great, it's absolutely expected to lash out at the people causing you dissonance and 'correct' what is wrong. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'd expect more questions and a lot more sense. I want a dancing bear, not a juggler.
Who/what are you expecting this from?
A town player? Doom? If you're expecting a "dancing bear" from Doom, based on what?
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:30 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 83, Vartsun wrote:
In post 82, doomfeathers wrote: I got bored of reading their squabble about three wallposts ago.

VOTE: Lycanfire

This is that shit I'm talking about.

-V
You guys make it way too complicated. Too much argument makes for WIFOM.
In post 86, Human Sequencer wrote:@doomfeathers i don't think either is scummy because neither has been fuckin posting
my pushes on the, are solely to make them interact more with the promise of legitimate pressure somewhere down the line if they still refuse to play the game
I happen to think certain ways of lurking are scummier than others, that you can read lurkers, and that lurking is rather scummy. I've won games with lurkerhunts. My vote on Voyc was for pressure. My vote on Lycanfire is more serious.
In post 90, Ausuka wrote:Not sure why he keeps pushing on Lycan even after he acknowledges Lycan does this as his towngame, either.
That's not quite accurate. I acknowledged brassherald's analysis that said Lycanfire posts this way as either alignment, but I didn't check it out for myself, since I'd read his behavior as scummy either way. If a player consistently plays in a scummy faction, he should be wagoned for it, since he's playing against the town's win condition.

It's going to be hilarious if Ausuka and Vartsun turn out to be distancing scum.
In post 94, Vartsun wrote:
In post 80, doomfeathers wrote:Hm. Your points are very convincing, but I'd have to reread the game to see whether I believe them to be true. I have a headache right now, but I'll get to it later.
Upon rereading, have you had any changes in thoughts/reads?
I think you're wrong. It wasn't producing much content, but more spitting out loads of text, and was getting hard to read. And the Voyc wagon didn't come out of nowhere; I suggested it, HS decided to pressure, and brassherald and Ausuka voted based on meta.
In post 94, Vartsun wrote:You went from saying her inactivity (even though its only been 2-3) is NAI; but
literally
15 minutes later, you vote her based on meta without any reasoning.
Isn't that just a little contradictory? Do you not consider meta a valid reason to vote?
In post 95, Human Sequencer wrote:the end of is overly hateful and aggressive

it has no real place in the game and just breeds toxicity
if ausuka is town all it's going to do is make them want to participate less and interact with you less, which will make you scumread her even harder
if ausuka is scum it's just gonna make her feel fucking awful for actually playing the game and trying to reach her wincon

get your act together, varsoon

apart from that thread feels ded
let's get shit happening town

i'd like every single person who hasn't interacted with the ausuka wagon to post a justified read on the slot and justification as to why you're on or off the wagon

lurkers stop lurking please
I agree with pretty much all of this post. I'll ISO Ausuka at some point.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:45 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Brassherald and Human Sequencer are my top townreads right now. Since HS isn't far above null, that's not optimal.

Skitter's moving up my town list, though.
In post 102, Vartsun wrote:And before you call my frustration feigned or scummy, you can see how I reacted in a much more frustrated and violent way in Death's Diner, to the point where I should have been forced out the game : viewtopic.php?f=56&t=30226
Pardon me for not reading all 156 pages of the game to find out just how nasty you can be.
In post 105, Vartsun wrote:@Skitter: Awkward, because I feel that Ausuka is misrepping our interrogative playstyle as 'busywork'. THAT'S what I was being critical of.
HS has consistently called my back and forth with Ausuka 'wall posts' and things that make their eyes roll back and all of that. They've perpetuated the awful idea that anything more than shorthand on A FORUM GAME should be snoozed at and glazed over.
Why do you scumread HS and not me for that? I thought I was the one who said "wall posts" in the first place anyway.

Vartsun and Ausuka are regaining towncred; they both seem to want to resolve things rather than to create a hailstorm of misunderstandings to perpetuate.
In post 111, Human Sequencer wrote:and then you have the balls to go around pretending like your antisocial, abusive playstyle is just because you're not 'spineless' like everybody else
it's called being decent and considerate
maybe when you start shouting a little less you'll actually remember what those words mean
He apologized for that, though.

Anybody up to wagon Myloninja? He's definitely scummier than Voyc was, and the Voyc wagon worked out well anyway.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 114, Vartsun wrote:I'm merely putting pressure on your slot. It's very important to have conviction when pushing someone. If I was half-assed about it, you could ignore my push altogether and it'd be less effective in generating content--and I need that content to actually further sort your slot and help other players further sort your slot.
:? While I agree in principle, that was some serious determination for a pressure push without certainty. I'll have to ISO Vartsun to see whether that's plausible.
In post 114, Vartsun wrote:Should I try to be more transparent with what conclusions people's answers lead me to, or why I'm asking the questions that I am?
I'm already so verbose that some people aren't reading my posts as-is.

-V
Wasn't just you.
In post 124, Vartsun wrote: Like, it's hard for me to follow your justification of going from being voted by Ausuka --> Asking Ausuka to vote Voyc with you --> Voting Ausuka.
I don't get it, and if you could help me understand, that'd help a lot.

-V
You can team up with people you're not sure are town on a wagon. I do it all the time.

Ooh, more scumreading of Myloninja. This wagon has potential.
In post 126, Vartsun wrote:@Ausuka: If you're putting people at L-2, do you not intend to see them lynched?
That doesn't have to be the case in a Micro where L2 is three votes. I put Voyc at L2.
In post 127, Ausuka wrote:
In post 126, Vartsun wrote:I've seen scum push through RVS wagons and I've seen scum control game rhetoric plenty of times--I've done it a lot as scum, myself.
That's actually interesting; can I have a link to one of these games? I've never seen a RVS wagon get to lynch, and I would expect that if that happened, whoever quickhammered the wagon would be almost instantly lynched d2.
I've seen TOWN quickhammer long before deadline on a wagon that wasn't mean to lynch yet. I won't put anyone I don't want to lynch at L1.

And both inactive people posted. Sweet.

Nuts, I've got to leave. I'll get back to the game later.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

Note to self: Caught up to post 136.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

UNVOTE: Lycanfire
In post 139, Vartsun wrote:
Doomfeathers;
where have you been for the past 2 days? What do you think about
Lycanfire
after he's posted more content?

Also, how are you reading
Brass
and
Ausuka
at the moment?
I've been busy. I should be more active, though perhaps posting only about once per (real-life) day.

I'm looking over Lycanfire. I lean both brassherald and Ausuka town, brassherald more strongly.
In post 140, Voyc wrote:So just saying, it's really not RVS anymore
*gasps in shock*

Skitter covered a few questions I had to Lycanfire. Thank you, skitter. +townpoints to you.

Let's not lynch Myloninja until he's had a chance to post. If he doesn't post, though, I'll be on the wagon.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

Spoiler: @Lycanfire
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote:I have a pretty clear TR on Skitter just from the pointed questions she's been asking ("why brass over voyc?"). The worst thing she's possibly done is never interact with Ausuka while using one of their quotes as a defense. I noted in the Team Mafia tiebreaker that Leonshade whiteknighting GIF to his buddy was a safe play, which somehow turned into a blind TR of his buddy later on for no reason. Don't ask how we lost the tiebreaker. I suppose what I'm trying to say is this isn't super wolfy, but if Skitter is a wolf, Ausuka is a villager.
I'm not sure I agree with that. Scum might be tempted to avoid interactions with their partners. I know I am when I'm scum.
I've had higher priorities, namely you and Myloninja. If you want to find what's hidden, you don't look at the people making a scene and drawing attention. I don't really understand the dancing bear metaphor, though.
The Mylo vote from Ausuka feels kneejerky in the vein of skitter mentioning hesitancy... from Ausuka relating to Mylo. I mean, townies can do the whole "yeah i can vote anyone and it doesn't matter in the grand scheme" thing, the issue is well in the tail lights where it ought to matter to them to begin with, to y'know, justify voting anyone not proving themselves to be town. At the same time Skitter and Brass aren't doing anything different minus the different situation. Basically, effort.
What about me? I was in favor of the Mylo wagon. Do I get a diss for it?
In post 141, skitter30 wrote:
What 'hard dodge' from Varsoon are you referring to?

What does the list have to do with your read on the slot here?
That's what I was going to ask, so I'm just going to note that I'm also looking for an answer. Is this talking about where Taly doesn't recognize you?
They're impersonal, not dedicated to finding scum while trying to create the illusion that they actually care. Despite holding out on hoping I would make an AI post I feel like I was already doing good things™ in my question toward the Taly head, which I had the impression HS made a major pass over of it despite keeping their vote on the hydra when they made
In post 34, Human Sequencer wrote:@vartsun
i looked at it
i laughed at it
i conquered
is that how the saying goes

doomfeathers' reads on mylo and me feel like they were born from genuine confusion and mystique about the game state and his desire to move the game state forward scream town to me. I don't think it's being faked (it's possible, but I doubt it)

it's north mentioning that out of the players not participating too much in the thread at that point (hs, mylo, voyc, brassherald, lycanfire) he specifically mentions hs and mylo as suspicious and says that voyc needs more attention without commenting on the other two at all
so oh the odd chance doom flips scum i think lycanfire and brass herald are a good place to look for second

is pretty questionable
I'd like for you to participate a little more in the rest of the thread voyc
Right afterward. For all the hope that I'd do something AI, HS is certainly trying hard to pretend that I never questioned Taly's intention to find scum when the expected behavior was to enable me in some way - "yeah fuck that vartsun person" / "hey lycan you like asking questions why don't you do more of that :cop: "
I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Are you saying
In post 19, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 17, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 14, Vartsun wrote:Join the
Mylo
vote and you won't think everyone is so weird? ;)
Why?
Taly is a fan of mislynching and losing. You might think they're joking. They're serious about this.
Wasn't intended to be taken as a joke?

Lycan still looks shady, but not enough to lynch. Same for Voyc.

I'm waiting to hear what Myloninja has to say.

HS, Vartsun, and Ausuka have posted a lot and I need to review them.

Skitter and brassherald I lean town.

I've got to go to bed. I'm leaving my vote on
VOTE: Vartsun
for now after managing to review a little bit. His logic and accusations looked rather shady.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

and
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”