Micro 798 - Splatoon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Damn it, I keep forgetting to check on this game. Sorry guys :(

My basic reads (based on pre-replacements):

Ausuka is a solid town read for me, just consistent strong play.

Vartsun is the player with the most posts, which means he gets some points as I've generally found the highest posting players town. But his actions, specifically the actions that caused people to leave the game, haven't necessarily been town. Is aggressiveness usually a town tell for Varsoon?

brass is a town lean, but I dunno if there's a good reason for that. I've played with him before, and this seems like how he'd play as town?

doom I just kinda give a town lean to anyway, he's solid, kinda annoyed at the game state, exactly what I've seen doom!town do.

HS is a town lean, for some good posts and not anything directly weird.

Voyc/skitter/Lycan are all meh for me. They just haven't done enough townie things, and some have done a few questionable things.

Sorry for yet again being a lurker. At this point, my town meta is going to be lurking :(
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm an idiot.

Vote: Nero Cain

vote:Ausuka
is where I lean though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Varsoons over explained RVS vote made me :igmeou:
In post 13, Vartsun wrote:
In post 11, Ausuka wrote:ok
VOTE: Human Sequencer
Why so quick to pile onto Human Sequencer when there were a handful of other wagons you could've sheeped?

-V
Was equally :igmeou:

but so is
In post 20, brassherald wrote:
In post 18, Ausuka wrote:
In post 13, Vartsun wrote:
In post 11, Ausuka wrote:ok
VOTE: Human Sequencer
Why so quick to pile onto Human Sequencer when there were a handful of other wagons you could've sheeped?

-V
As far as I can tell, HS was the biggest wagon.
You were just looking to hop onto the biggest wagon? Why?
I'm fairly certian you've been in games that have rando RVS wagons so why are you acting like this is such a strange thing?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 35, Human Sequencer wrote:
In post 28, Ausuka wrote:
In post 27, Vartsun wrote:
In post 25, Ausuka wrote:lycanfire wagon is meh, nothing AI.
your hydra might be scum though.
VOTE: Vartsun
Because...?
gut? it feels like you're trying to look protown by asking a range of questions that lead to nothing.
i don't like this post
y?
In post 47, brassherald wrote:Mylo in 46 seems to be hedging his bets on Ausuka, just enough to look like a read but also wiggle room leading off with "I think I'm town leaning".
manipulative.

doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:27 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 166, Human Sequencer wrote:
replace me

fuck this game
brings out the worst in people, me included

if I ever come back to this site again don't let me sign up for any more games gamma
this happens every time
mafia is shit
:?
Should we wagon this slot?
In post 170, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Hi. I should be replacing HS, but I will keep it short until Gamma announces it officially.

FTR, I started reading the first page and I got sick to the stomach. You guys are awful. Who the fuck starts the game with a joke then spends 3 goddamn posts explaining it? Who cares? And who asks for an explanation on a RVS vote on page one? And through skimming the rest of the thread I see lots of OMGUS voting too. It's as if many are being deliberately bad or want to look scummy, but Vartsun steals the oscars and the grammys for it by a large margin.

I'll do a proper reread and decide whether I want to play or just call you all names and replace out.
Chill already.
In post 174, Vartsun wrote:
Words like OMGUS and LAMIST should never ever be used by town.
Why not? I do sometimes.
In post 176, Voyc wrote:@brassherald, doom, could I ask why you're townreading/townleaning the HS slot?
I never had him above null that I can remember.
In post 177, Vartsun wrote:Can't speak for Taly, but I think you're more likely town than scum solely based on the way votes and wagons have gone so far today.

-V
Interesting. Care to expound?

@Skitter TBH TBH TBH to you as well. :P
In post 180, skitter30 wrote:I'm feeling kinda apathetic tbh.

The game is more toxic/hostile than I'd like.

And people aren't really posting and like, I don't really see much new to talk about since the last time I posted tbh.

@mod: can you prod mylo please?

And doom and ausuka are up for prods in a couple of hours too.
I got prodded, and I'm here. Sorry about that. Let's see if we can still have some civil Mafia play.

To everyone throwing in the towel and replacing out: You guys do realize we could have repaired the game with a policy lynch or two, right?

Welcome to Nero Cain. You're decent if I remember correctly.
In post 194, Vartsun wrote:
In post 185, brassherald wrote:You know what, no. Screw this. We're 8 pages in, sorry to Gamma to do this, but even if the atmosphere is better later on the beginning of this game was horrible full of too many personal attacks, and I'm not going to get over that. I can't play to my wincon if I won't be able to get over the toxic atmosphere of the first 7 pages. It takes a bigger man than I to get over this.

doomfeathers is still cool.

UNVOTE:

@mod, replace me too. Sorry
Eckgh... I can see how this can be genuine; but with the other replace-outs, I feel like this is more of an excuse.

I'm still withdrawing further judgment until a replacement comes in.

~ Taly
True enough.
In post 200, Myloninja13 wrote:doom I just kinda give a town lean to anyway, he's solid, kinda annoyed at the game state, exactly what I've seen doom!town do.
I'm sorry, I don't remember. What game have we played together?
In post 200, Myloninja13 wrote:Ausuka is a solid town read for me, just consistent strong play.

Vartsun is the player with the most posts, which means he gets some points as I've generally found the highest posting players town. But his actions, specifically the actions that caused people to leave the game, haven't necessarily been town. Is aggressiveness usually a town tell for Varsoon?

brass is a town lean, but I dunno if there's a good reason for that. I've played with him before, and this seems like how he'd play as town?

doom I just kinda give a town lean to anyway, he's solid, kinda annoyed at the game state, exactly what I've seen doom!town do.

HS is a town lean, for some good posts and not anything directly weird.

Voyc/skitter/Lycan are all meh for me. They just haven't done enough townie things, and some have done a few questionable things.
Myloninja sounds like I do as scum trying to fabricate reads--fumbly and unsure. I call bologna.

I like Nero Cain so far.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:29 am

Post by doomfeathers »

VOTE: MyloNinja
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 94, Vartsun wrote:I dislike the Voyc wagon though, it came shit-out-of-nowhere almost.
I kinda dislike this. I mean it's not like Taly has to agree with the wagon but Brass ISO'd her and said the meta looks different. Like, there's a HUGE difference between "I dislike it b/c I disagree with the reasoning" and "I dislike it b/c it popped up." So it feels a bit like scum that knows Voyc is town.

vote:Varsun

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 200, Myloninja13 wrote:Vartsun is the player with the most posts, which means he gets some points as I've generally found the highest posting players town.
This is really empty reason to townread someone. You're like giving them townpoints for quantity instead of substance or quality or content.

Like is there anything *in* those posts that make you want to townread them?

Especially since you say his *actions* haven't been townie.
In post 200, Myloninja13 wrote:brass is a town lean, but I dunno if there's a good reason for that. I've played with him before, and this seems like how he'd play as town?
You know your vote's on him, right?
In post 200, Myloninja13 wrote:HS is a town lean, for some good posts and not anything directly weird.
Can you give some examples of 'good posts'? What do you think of HS getting involved in the vartsun/ausuka thing?
In post 200, Myloninja13 wrote:They just haven't done enough townie things,
and some have done a few questionable things
Like ... ?
In post 200, Myloninja13 wrote:Sorry for yet again being a lurker.
At this point, my town meta is going to be lurking
Bolded feels like you're trying to get some townpoints for lurking via self-meta, which is actually kinda gross.

VOTE: MYLO

Pretty sure that's L-2.

------
In post 204, doomfeathers wrote:@Skitter TBH TBH TBH to you as well.
lol, I realized that after I hit submit. It's almost become the new 'like' for me :P
In post 204, doomfeathers wrote:Myloninja sounds like I do as scum trying to fabricate reads--fumbly and unsure. I call bologna.
Ya that's the vibe I got too

--
In post 206, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 94, Vartsun wrote:I dislike the Voyc wagon though, it came shit-out-of-nowhere almost.
I kinda dislike this. I mean it's not like Taly has to agree with the wagon but Brass ISO'd her and said the meta looks different. Like, there's a HUGE difference between "I dislike it b/c I disagree with the reasoning" and "I dislike it b/c it popped up." So it feels a bit like scum that knows Voyc is town.

vote:Varsun
Actually I agree with vartsun there cuz the wagon happened super fast, with like no resistance, on a lurker who had like two posts at the time of being wagoned. It felt a bit bandwagon-y and kinda too fast for the gamestate.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Vartsun »

@Doom: I don't see scum-Voyc put at L-2 with almost no resistance and Voyc just kind of shrugging it off as likely as it is that scum threw momentum behind it and then backed off. Doesn't ensure Voyc as town or anything, but I also don't really see much scum agenda behind Voyc's votes (or lack thereof) either. Voyc just doesn't seem to be exerting a lot of influence over the game, imo, and I tend to townread that more than scumread it.

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Do we have a replacement for Brassherald yet?

-V
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 207, skitter30 wrote:
In post 204, doomfeathers wrote:@Skitter TBH TBH TBH to you as well.
lol, I realized that after I hit submit. It's almost become the new 'like' for me :P
Ew. I'd stick with TBH.
In post 208, Vartsun wrote:@Doom: I don't see scum-Voyc put at L-2 with almost no resistance and Voyc just kind of shrugging it off as likely as it is that scum threw momentum behind it and then backed off. Doesn't ensure Voyc as town or anything, but I also don't really see much scum agenda behind Voyc's votes (or lack thereof) either. Voyc just doesn't seem to be exerting a lot of influence over the game, imo, and I tend to townread that more than scumread it.

-V
What does Voyc's reaction have to do with it? Did she know she had a wagon?
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Voyc »

Oh wow I did not like that Mylo post
Skitter/doom pretty much nailed why

@mylo, who would you lynch now and why?
In post 204, doomfeathers wrote:I never had him above null that I can remember.
Sorry about that then, I misunderstood your post to say that you were townleaning the slot
I definitely got that it was a very very weak read but there was something pushing him over, even just slightly, to the townside
And since I'm not seeing anything like that, I wanted to ask

I'm putting skitter as a townlean for now
I think I was wrong previously, her posts seem pretty town and tbh I was holding on to that uncomfortable feeling with absolutely no basis
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

Not to say I have any reason to suspect Voyc, but the argument about the wagon on her is utterly ridiculous. What resistance are we talking about when it only takes 3 voted to get someone to L-2? it's not like we haven't seen players piling up on someone for no apparent reason before and even forcing a claim out of them! It's a 9 players game FGS.
I AM THE LAW!
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

To reiterate: putting anyone @L-2 (3 votes) is totally NAI to me. They could be town or scum, and the voters can be of either alignments too.
I AM THE LAW!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 207, skitter30 wrote:Actually I agree with vartsun there cuz the wagon happened super fast, with like no resistance, on a lurker who had like two posts at the time of being wagoned. It felt a bit bandwagon-y and kinda too fast for the gamestate.
it was 3 votes. I don't really how that didn't fit the gamestate and unless you are arguing that there's scum in Asuka/Doom I'm not sure thats a valid argument.

doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 211, Voyc wrote:Oh wow I did not like that Mylo post
Skitter/doom pretty much nailed why

@mylo, who would you lynch now and why?
In post 204, doomfeathers wrote:I never had him above null that I can remember.
Sorry about that then, I misunderstood your post to say that you were townleaning the slot
I definitely got that it was a very very weak read but there was something pushing him over, even just slightly, to the townside
And since I'm not seeing anything like that, I wanted to ask
True, I suppose there was. I think it was just that, out of everyone, he seemed to be one of the few actually trying to do something.
In post 212, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Not to say I have any reason to suspect Voyc, but the argument about the wagon on her is utterly ridiculous. What resistance are we talking about when it only takes 3 voted to get someone to L-2? it's not like we haven't seen players piling up on someone for no apparent reason before and even forcing a claim out of them! It's a 9 players game FGS.
Decent point.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Vartsun »

@Dredd : Good luck getting worthwhile reads then, when you've decided that players voting doesn't matter. If anything, putting someone at L-2 in a 9P game should catch an even heavier amount of questioning because our margin of error is much smaller than it would be in a larger game--but hey, how many 9P and smaller games have you played, Dredd?

@Doom : In my experience, scum play more towards survival, especially in high stake situations with less players. It might be NAI if Voyc has the same sort of thoughts that Dredd does on what L-2 even means in a 9P game, though.

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Vartsun »

The whole 'IT WAS ONLY THREE VOTES' point doesn't work.
In 3P, it only takes TWO VOTES to END THE GAME ENTIRELY, but you don't see any chuckleheads going around like, "lol it was only 2 votes man why you reading so much into it"

-V
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Vartsun »

Let's extrapolate this to an 18p setup with 10 to lynch.
This is as if a wagon had 6 or 7 people voting it within two pages space, then it diminished.
Obviously you'd read into that, some way, right?

Right?

-V
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 217, Vartsun wrote:The whole 'IT WAS ONLY THREE VOTES' point doesn't work.
In 3P, it only takes TWO VOTES to END THE GAME ENTIRELY, but you don't see any chuckleheads going around like, "lol it was only 2 votes man why you reading so much into it"

-V
but it wasn't 3p lylo. What even is this?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

though looking back

@HS-Why did you even vote Voyc?

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 208, Vartsun wrote:Voyc just doesn't seem to be exerting a lot of influence over the game, imo, and I tend to townread that more than scumread it.
I tend to scumread that tbh. Trying not to apply that to this game, cuz like they can't all be scum.

--
In post 213, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:To reiterate: putting anyone @L-2 (3 votes) is totally NAI to me. They could be town or scum, and the voters can be of either alignments too.
I'm aware that it's a 9 player game. Wagons can and do have resistance in a game this size, and her's went to L-2 without any.

--
In post 214, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 207, skitter30 wrote:Actually I agree with vartsun there cuz the wagon happened super fast, with like no resistance, on a lurker who had like two posts at the time of being wagoned. It felt a bit bandwagon-y and kinda too fast for the gamestate.
it was 3 votes. I don't really how that didn't fit the gamestate and unless you are arguing that there's scum in Asuka/Doom I'm not sure thats a valid argument.
Scum on that wagon imo is brass/doom/ausuka in that order.

(Also HS was on the wagon for like two posts but unvoted before brass voted iirc).

(If we include HS it's something like brass, HS, doom, ausuka)

Not sure why you're leaving out brass here.

Idk how to explain why it felt fast in the gamestate without you like being there to experience it. It happened over like an hour IRL, largley based on brass saying she was more active in a towngame he checked of hers, and this was like IRL less than two days after the game started.

Like it wasn't necessarily even a lurker wagon, so much as a wagon built on meh meta reasons.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 209, Vartsun wrote:Do we have a replacement for Brassherald yet?

-V
No

@mod: can we get an extension given that we don't have a replacement for brass?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 220, Nero Cain wrote:though looking back

@HS-Why did you even vote Voyc?
HS repped out; JJD is the new HS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, that's disappointing that he can't answer.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”