Micro 824.2: Grand Idea Mafia (The Reroll) [Finish]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Korina »

Alright
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Korina »

So, how was Irrel recruited even though RC's rolecard said he can't recruit informed minorities, (like mafia)?
Well, I'm curious actually to know your thoughts but, was Irrel really an informed minority, or was Irrel effectively a SK, ergo, not truly an informed minority?

My logic was that Irrel was not actually an informed minority. Irrel was effectively a SK this game, and would be recruitable only because the SK isn't aware of anyone else on their side.
Had there been two mafia, Irrel wouldn't have been recruited, and it'd have failed.

Now, if DrDolittle was recruitable, and RCEnigma tried, I'd have followed the same logic as Irrel, and had the recruitment go through, only because DDR doesn't know if anyone else is on his side, ergo, he'd be uninformed minority, therefore, recruitable.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Akira »

welp

good to know my reads are on point
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Korina »

I'm personally really happy cult won this game, but also really sad that this game ended.
I really enjoyed modding this.

I may run (in the near future) another GIM in the Mini Theme Queue, or I may just decide to take a break from modding (until CK9++/EISAL fill) and just play a game or two.
Or I may go on hiatus for a bit, I honestly have no clue.

This game was a blast, I'm glad most of you did stick around through the re-roll, and I'm glad we didn't have to reroll again XD
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

The elephant lied. Sad. But atleast I let the Lyncher win instead of having them get hung and losing with town.

Now I see why you guys were trying to lynch Nonny. But you never expected Suicidal Elsa to kill the Lynchers target instead!
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 804, Elsa Jay wrote:The elephant lied. Sad. But atleast I let the Lyncher win instead of having them get hung and losing with town.

Now I see why you guys were trying to lynch Nonny. But you never expected Suicidal Elsa to kill the Lynchers target instead!
It was smart from Irrelephant to try to lie to cover up the fact he was formerly mafia, by claiming that. It's also a plausible enough role to be found in the GIM thread that, well... it'd be believed.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Korina »

And also, if Nonny was hanged, it'd come down to what RC decided to do next.
If he recruited Invis, that's instant endgame.

If not, you guys are put into mylo.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by nonny »

Hmm interesting. Thanks for modding Korina.

Elsa you were totally right about the cult lol.
*insert bad joke here*
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Korina »

Also, @Nonny, I actually fully rerolled the game as well.
It's merely coincidence that a lyncher appeared twice, in addition to cult.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Akira »

Honestly @Korina that makes sense, I think I'm fine with it (although I can see some people possibly objecting)
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Akira »

(regarding cult recruit)
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Akira »

Dunno if it was possible to form a wagon on RC... (Irreleph would've been hard)

Anyways fun game, I like the setup

Thanks Korina!
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 808, Korina wrote:Also, @Nonny, I actually fully rerolled the game as well.
It's merely coincidence that a lyncher appeared twice, in addition to cult.
Yeah I see that now ;p really assumed at first it was just re-randomizing the roles so changed how i played day 1 vs later. Sorry I was super lazy this game. Glad i won in the end though :D
*insert bad joke here*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 811, Akira wrote:Dunno if it was possible to form a wagon on RC... (Irreleph would've been hard)

Thanks Korina!
Hard to wagon someone not in game
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Korina »

I get why people would object, (I said that mafia couldn't be recruited), however, that requires them to actually know someone else is actually mafia too.
A single mafia is literally the equivalent of a SK, except we just didn't wanna call them SK for whatever reason.

Both (as only scum) can only win if they're the last person alive, and they only know that they need to kill everyone else.
How are they truly informed at that point, when their goals are literally the exact same thing?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 813, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 811, Akira wrote:Dunno if it was possible to form a wagon on RC... (Irreleph would've been hard)

Thanks Korina!
VOTE: Radiant ;p
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by Akira »

Thanks Korina!
Is it though?

VOTE: RadiantCowbells
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by nonny »

Thanks Korina!
Nah, you're easy to wagon, silly things like rolecards don't matter :wink:
*insert bad joke here*
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Just realized that because of this, my first game after my hiatus is now a loss. My first ever completed game on this account is a loss.

Sad face.
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Akira »

In post 814, Korina wrote:I get why people would object, (I said that mafia couldn't be recruited), however, that requires them to actually know someone else is actually mafia too.
A single mafia is literally the equivalent of a SK, except we just didn't wanna call them SK for whatever reason.

Both (as only scum) can only win if they're the last person alive, and they only know that they need to kill everyone else.
How are they truly informed at that point, when their goals are literally the exact same thing?
I agree, that makes sense. However the counter-argument would be that you simply need to follow the rules period. So a single mafia goon and an SK are equivalent, except the latter is recruitable and the former is not.

I feel like it's the kind of decision I'd be happy to leave to a mod, especially in a game like GIM. In a different setting, I might not agree.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 819, Akira wrote:
In post 814, Korina wrote:I get why people would object, (I said that mafia couldn't be recruited), however, that requires them to actually know someone else is actually mafia too.

I agree, that makes sense. However the counter-argument would be that you simply need to follow the rules period. So a single mafia goon and an SK are equivalent, except the latter is recruitable and the former is not.

I feel like it's the kind of decision I'd be happy to leave to a mod, especially in a game like GIM. In a different setting, I might not agree.
I can see where that argument comes from, however, my counter-counter-argument would be to have you prove that Irrel is actually an informed minority, not an uninformed minority, and therefore would be recruitable.

An uninformed minority is effectively town, except, not town. Basically third-party roles.
Informed minorities are mafia or cult, assuming they have another player.

The mafia aren't really all that informed if its just one player as the mafia.

I do agree, in a setup like GIM, it's whatever. Mafia isn't guaranteed to spawn, nor is any alignment.
In another setup, I would give it a bit more thought, but I'd probably let the recruitment go through regardless.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Akira »

In post 820, Korina wrote:
In post 819, Akira wrote:

I can see where that argument comes from, however, my counter-counter-argument would be to have you prove that Irrel is actually an informed minority, not an uninformed minority, and therefore would be recruitable.

An uninformed minority is effectively town, except, not town. Basically third-party roles.
Informed minorities are mafia or cult, assuming they have another player.

The mafia aren't really all that informed if its just one player as the mafia.

I do agree, in a setup like GIM, it's whatever. Mafia isn't guaranteed to spawn, nor is any alignment.
In another setup, I would give it a bit more thought, but I'd probably let the recruitment go through regardless.
I think it can go either way, honestly. Like I said, I don't have a problem with it :]

Giving it more thought from a flavor point of view, I see no reason why a lonely goon wouldn't want to just join another minority if the opportunity arised.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by singletonking »

:(
On indefinite hiatus from playing Mafia.
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by singletonking »

I think my reads became a lot better after my reread, I just was changing my reads too much for people to sheep
On indefinite hiatus from playing Mafia.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:11 am

Post by Invisibility »

uh-huh