micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Nibbui »

Hmmm, yeah, it's not so uncommon to have one or two games where you kind of snap (I have mines as well). The important thing is to do what you're doing, acknowledge it and try to learn something from it I guess.

It's quite difficult to keep a chill head in mafia sometimes but I think that you get more used to it as you get more and more experienced. Not that I have much experience though.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by schadd_ »

free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2318, skitter30 wrote:and i guess you were planning for mastina to be around long-term
Actually no.
We knew I was fucked from the get-go.
In post 2327, sheepsaysmeep wrote:gg this village played scarily well
Indeed!
In post 2336, skitter30 wrote:yep, gg mastina and sheep. it was pretty toughh for you guys after like day1
I think that the fact we made it to lylo when we were nailed dead to rights D1 is a testament to how well we managed to recover tho.
In post 2338, skitter30 wrote:also what confused me for so long is that ... i am pretty good at lylo so i couldn't figure out why mastina/whoever wanted me to be there, and that threw me off for a fairly long time because i couldn't figure out what they were doing
You nailed it--and were literally the
only
one to have done so!--when you analyzed it and realized that you weren't picked because we wanted to pick you; you were picked because literally every other option we had was worse than you.

There was no good pick, only choices of bad ones. And while I knew giving to you was bad, it was the least-bad of my options.
In post 2339, Slaxx wrote:Was the no kill so there wouldn’t be a tracker clear?
More the opposite, no tracker guilty, but yes. POE would have murdered us if there were a tracker inno.
In post 2348, the worst wrote:mastina's setup on that slot was VERY good.
And people wonder why I am a god of scumplay.

:P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2377, mastina wrote:There was no good pick, only choices of bad ones.
This should serve as a testament to the town's skill this game.

There literally was no winning option to pick.

Only a choice of which option we'd lose to.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2354, the worst wrote:knowing how mastina does NKs and based on the top tier of my townreads I worked out there was exactly a -700% chance that slot would ever be killed n1
was pretty proud of that decision :giggle:
And I was pretty proud of my decision to claim credit for your work and make it seem like mine. :P

If you'd have picked podoboq, I'd have been fucked. Granted, then I'd have told sheep to just kill podoboq and pray to the mafia gods that skitter didn't get a tracker guilty (or for that matter, inno), butstill. I knew that I could BS it if you gave it to literally anyone other than podoboq.
In post 2356, skitter30 wrote:also schadd, i quite liked the setup!
So did I!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2377, mastina wrote:You nailed it--and were literally the only one to have done so!--when you analyzed it and realized that you weren't picked because we wanted to pick you; you were picked because literally every other option we had was worse than you.
when i figured it out i was like - ooooooooh the game finally makes sense now
i love it when things just like click :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2367, podoboq wrote:
In post 70, schadd_ wrote:taking note for myself for endgame that i should include timestamps in the dont quote mod info rule
Hey schadd, just thought I'd help remind you. I was really concerned when I saw this happen in the game, and went back your rules to make sure it wasn't explicitly against your rules. Good to know you were thinking about it too.
yeah i also did

part of the reason why i was kinda jiving with the claim is that ... the timestamp matched up pretty much exactly with when i got mine

it felt kinda against the spirit of the rules to mention that tho
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2365, schadd_ wrote:like i was really glad to see skitter sign up for this bc i was thinking like . . . she is the perfect person to get or interact with this sort of role and it was incredibly exciting to see her spill all sorts of setup spec tea in her thread

also her reaction to getting the role was like one of the times ive laughed the hardest at a mafia game but i think i was in a sort of delirious state regarding the whole situation
yes, i quite enjoyed the setup spec!

and yeah my first thought was that it was a prank lol
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I haven't said much postgame but this was a lot of fun and I'm glad we joined! I should have done a hard guilty and that was my bad, but oh well, live and learn :P

I'm glad Nancy got in here and said her piece. I have had many hydra partners and Nancy is one of the best I've had the pleasure to play with :) This outburst was unfortunate but it doesn't detract from her as a player or a person :)

And schadd_, as always you set up a great game and modded it really well! You are fantastic my friend <3
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 2377, mastina wrote:
In post 2318, skitter30 wrote:and i guess you were planning for mastina to be around long-term
Actually no.
We knew I was fucked from the get-go.
In post 2327, sheepsaysmeep wrote:gg this village played scarily well
Indeed!
In post 2336, skitter30 wrote:yep, gg mastina and sheep. it was pretty toughh for you guys after like day1
I think that the fact we made it to lylo when we were nailed dead to rights D1 is a testament to how well we managed to recover tho.
In post 2338, skitter30 wrote:also what confused me for so long is that ... i am pretty good at lylo so i couldn't figure out why mastina/whoever wanted me to be there, and that threw me off for a fairly long time because i couldn't figure out what they were doing
You nailed it--and were literally the
only
one to have done so!--when you analyzed it and realized that you weren't picked because we wanted to pick you; you were picked because literally every other option we had was worse than you.

There was no good pick, only choices of bad ones. And while I knew giving to you was bad, it was the least-bad of my options.
In post 2339, Slaxx wrote:Was the no kill so there wouldn’t be a tracker clear?
More the opposite, no tracker guilty, but yes.
POE would have murdered us if there were a tracker inno.

In post 2348, the worst wrote:mastina's setup on that slot was VERY good.
And people wonder why I am a god of scumplay.

:P

The bolded should have been beyond blatantly obvious to everyone, after our flip.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2383, Aristophanes wrote:I haven't said much postgame but this was a lot of fun and I'm glad we joined! [b5I should have done a hard guilty [/b]and that was my bad, but oh well, live and learn :P

I'm glad Nancy got in here and said her piece.
I have had many hydra partners and Nancy is one of the best I've had the pleasure to play with :)
This outburst was unfortunate but it doesn't detract from her as a player or a person :)

And schadd_, as always you set up a great game and modded it really well! You are fantastic my friend <3
I <3 you Ari.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

And DITTO DITTO, DITTO!!!, btw.

You totally made my day. You and tw, are two of the most awesome people I’ve ever met from this site and I think I can add Nibbui to that list, as well.

Schadd is a pretty decent mod, so I would definitely play in more of his games.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Micc »