Micro 850: Follow the Leader (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

It doesn't matter. TTTT is scum.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:13 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

You have no idea how much I would rage if I somehow managed to get lynched this game. Please don't place that possibility into my mind. It's not going to happen.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:14 pm

Post by Auro »

If he identifies correctly and the game goes to LyLo, I'll have to put in a lot more effort into solving :P
There are some indicators that show CoA is likely town though. I'd hate to go into LyLo with YS having guessed correctly :$
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I expect to wake up to a victory and heaps of praise for solving the game in my first post and how amazing i am obviously.

only half joking.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:21 pm

Post by volxen »

Hint: If scum has been paying very close attention to this game, especially to day one, they could deduce who the town leader is, and that would have guided their "towny" play on day two.

Auro and COA, I really want you both to think about that with respect to how you both are mutually reading each other. If scum deduced during night one who the town leader is based on certain events that transpired on day one, then the things that happened on day two that caused you both to townread each other so strongly are thrown out the window.

Believe me, I want this game to be a simple solve of PenguinPower/TTTT. We already had our Starcraft 2 game against one extreme deepwolf (Alchemist) and one semi deepwolf (Pint), so I don't really want to have to deal with that again in this game.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 153, CultOfAthena wrote:I expect to wake up to a victory and heaps of praise for solving the game in my first post and how amazing i am obviously.

only half joking.
I had the same PoE as you N1 (with you in it instead of me), you just happened to post it faster :P Which was actually good.
ALSO you've shown you're competent, so I wager you'd have easily guessed TL as scum also. You don't think so?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Post by Auro »

Volx, don't keep saying that!!
See, you KNOW that CoA and I already know who the TL.
It's worth taking our chances on YS. Don't give any info that might make him make a better guess in the universe he's scum.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:28 pm

Post by volxen »

I am 100% convinced that neither member of the scumteam knew who the town leader is on day one. I am convinced that if they were really, really, really paying close attention to day one, then they could have known who the town leader is as early as night one. This is why I have Yellowsnow as locktown,
because day one play is more town indicative than day two play
as the game may have been compromised as early as night one.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Post by Auro »

So you're thinking I should lynch CoA and not YS if we make to LyLo? Since she didn't post D1.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:39 pm

Post by volxen »

Auro his day one play simply makes no sense from a scum perspective. If anything, PenguinPower would have been more likely to quickhammer as scum on day one, as he is much more experienced and would be better able to defend himself post quickhammering. YellowSnow is a relatively brand-new player who just got mislynched as town on day one in Newbie 1913. Even with Penguin's coaching, he's not going to have the confidence to do that as scum.

I don't see how you are so strongly coming to the conclusion that scum!Yellowsnow is more likely than scum!COA. His day one play should hold more weight than COA's day two play based on what I have previously said.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:41 pm

Post by Auro »

Oh if he gets the TL wrong I'll quicklynch him of course. :3
If he gets it right I'm just of the mindset that I'll sit back and evaluate, leaning CoA. But cool.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by volxen »

I am saying that out of {Auro, COA, Yellowsnow}, Yellowsnow is the only one out of you three who did something on
DAY ONE THAT IS STRONGLY TOWN INDICATIVE.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by Auro »

No. I did a couple that are strongly town indicative too.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by volxen »

Like I honestly don't see how either of you think scum!Yellowsnow is a thing.

Maybe I should just spell everything out, because I think
all of the events that have transpired
in this game suggest that everyone knows who the town leader is anyways.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:56 pm

Post by Auro »

Dude NO!

Just wait for YS to claim the TL!
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Jesus christ, it doesn't matter, TTTT is scum.

Also volxen, you're unambiguously wrong that YS wouldn't quickhammer as scum. I just finished a game where he did exactly that. It doesn't take "confidence" to lolhammer someone as scum.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 am

Post by volxen »

In post 164, Auro wrote:Dude NO!

Just wait for YS to claim the TL!
Auro, HE IS TOWN. When you look at everything that has transpired in this game, it paints a clear picture that everyone knows who the town leader is.

Surely you must see this.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:02 am

Post by Auro »

@Volxen: I understand why you think so. I have a reason to believe it might not be correct. Anyway just wait till YS claims TL.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

You're being silly to townread YS over me or Auro. You're also being silly to think that the game is not currently over.

It's literally not an important conversation to have and it's almost kind of funny how much of my contribution this game has just been telling people to stop talking when it won't actually help in any way.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:06 am

Post by Auro »

In post 168, CultOfAthena wrote:You're also being silly to think that the game is not currently over.
Murphy's law.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:07 am

Post by volxen »

In post 165, CultOfAthena wrote:Jesus christ, it doesn't matter, TTTT is scum.

Also volxen, you're unambiguously wrong that YS wouldn't quickhammer as scum. I just finished a game where he did exactly that. It doesn't take "confidence" to lolhammer someone as scum.
Confidence issues aside, there is no denying that in the context of this specific game, his quickhammer on page two on day one
MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE
from a town!pov than a scum!pov.

Sure, scum can and do quickhammer in some cases. But think about in this specific game mode, why might a townie who knows who the town leader is suddenly quickhammer like that... on page two... one day one?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:09 am

Post by Auro »

Say no more till YS claims please :P
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:22 am

Post by volxen »

In post 162, Auro wrote:No. I did a couple that are strongly town indicative too.
I know exactly what you are referring to with respect to your day one play, but it's not in the same league as far as why Yellowsnow's day one play should make him locktown. If you believe that your day one play should objectively make you locktown, then you should believe that Yellowsnow is locktown as well due to his day one play. In fact, if you are being entirely objective, you would agree with me that Yellowsnow's day one play is more town-indicative than your day one play.

Two people got up to L-1 on day one, one got quickhammered and the other didn't. Think about that distinction and why town!Yellowsnow did he what he did.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:44 am

Post by volxen »

Yellowsnow is town here. Be objective, and you will see that he is town. Don't lynch him if this goes to day 4.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:59 am

Post by volxen »

@Yellowsnow, If you are on please come in and just state who the town leader is so we can get that part over with. If this game goes to 3-player lylo with {you, Auro, COA}, whichever one of Auro or COA is town will be more likely to believe that you are town if you state who the town leader is now rather than waiting for day four to do that.

I am convinced that you are town because of your day one play, but you will need to convince one of Auro or COA that you are town in the event that this game goes to a fourth day.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”