Micro 857: Burden of Proficiency Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Micro 857: Burden of Proficiency Mafia

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Jingle »

Micro #857
Playerlist:
Prods Indicated with *
Bold = Confirmed

u r a person 2 (Player)
RadiantCowbells (Player)
Michael Scott (Volxen + Auro) (Player)
Shoshin (Player)
Saudade (Player)

Enter (Paragon)
singletonking (Paragon)
Aubrey (Paragon)

Spoiler: The Replacements

Spoiler: The Living
u r a person 2 (Player)
RadiantCowbells (Player)
Michael Scott (Volxen + Auro) (Player)
Shoshin (Player)
Saudade (Player)

Spoiler: The Dead

Spoiler: We Dare Not Speak Their Names (The Modkilled)
None. Ever. Or else.

Spoiler: Important Links

Current Vote Count

Important Notes
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:25 am

Post by Jingle »

Setup Specific Information

Sample Role PM's
Welcome to Burden of Proficiency Mafia!

You are a VT, aligned with
The Town!

Win Condition: You will win the game should you manage to lynch a mafia player D1.

Powers: You have your Vote, which you may use to find your enemies during the day.

You are a Mafia Goon, aligned with
The Mafia!

Win Condition: You will win the game should you manage to lynch a town player on D1 and hide from the Paragons.

Powers: You have your Vote, which you may use to find your enemies during the day. You may communicate with your partner, PARTNER, here.

You are a Paragon, aligned with
The Paragons!

Win Condition: You will win the game should you manage to guess the scum team in it's entirety during the Guess phase, regardless of who is lynched D1.

Powers: You may communicate with your partners in the PARAGON THREAD: here. At the end of the Guess phase, the paragons may collectively guess one pair of players. If both of those players are mafia, the Paragons win!
[/area]

The Rules: Stolen and Modified from Cabd(You'll want to read these)

1. I expect a certain level of civility. This is a game about arguing, so tempers run high. If I feel you are being excessive in your aggression, I will ask you to temper your behavior. If you do not, I may take corrective actions that may include force replacement. Severe issues will be reported to the list mod(s).

2. If I say it violates these rules, it does. You can take it up with me postgame if you wish. You may PM me if you believe me to be mistaken, but my word is law.

3. Play towards your win condition. Gambits are fine, directly harming your own team is not.

4. Once a lynch is reached, you may continue discussion until I lock the thread. No votes or unvotes will count after a lynch has been achieved.

5. A lynch is achieved by a majority of living players voting for one player. Half is not a majority. A no lynch is achieved by deadline, or by half of the living players voting for No Lynch.

6. Do not quote or pretend to quote any information you get from me via PM. This includes posting your role card verbatim. Paraphrasing is fine, as are role claims naturally. Do not directly quote any information from QTs you may be provided as part of this game.

7. Do not talk about this game anywhere else, or with anyone else, except as allowed by your Role PM or me.

8. The first day phase will last 3 weeks (21 days). Subsequent day phases will last 2 weeks (14 days). A countdown will be present in my vote count posts. All night phases will last 48 hours. Any deadline extensions will be at my discretion, and announced in thread.

9. Do not discuss ongoing games in this thread. This includes games on sites other than mafiascum.

10. You must post once every 48 hours. Failure to do so will earn you a prod. Respond to your prod within 24 hours, or face replacement. Three prods is also a force replacement.

11. Claiming scum with another player is an instant modkill. Don't do it.

12. I do not require unvotes. Your vote will be counted so long as you bold it or use the vote tag. Shorthand names are fine so long as it’s clear who the vote is for. If I do not understand who the vote is intended for, I will count it as an
unvote.

13. If you have a question, please PM me. If a question is something that should be answered publicly, I will make a post addressing it without naming who asked it. Otherwise, I will PM you with the answer or a note saying I cannot answer.

14. If my vote count is wrong, you can PM me or post in the thread (use the bold tag and "@Mod" or "@Jingle") about it.

15. I may or may not fix tags or edit posts where you might make a formatting mistake, even if you ask me to. Do not expect me to fix editing mistakes.

16. I reserve the right to add to these rules or modify them, but only when I post notifying all players in the game of the change.

17. Loophole abuse is all fun and games until I modkill you. Don’t try it.

18. Blue (This color at #0040FF) is my color. You are welcome to use any other color of the rainbow.

19. Encryption, text hiding, and the like are silly. Don’t do it. Any form of hidden text or attempts to circumvent this rule are forbidden.

20. Extensions will be granted at 48 hours per replacement at the replacements request. All deadlines will pause while a replacement is being found, should that become necessary.

21. Do not use temporary information to convey messages. This includes your signature and your avatar, but is not limited to these things. Your signature and avatar are not in-game areas.

22. While putting your vote or unvote on its own line is helpful, it is not necessary and any attempts to game voting formatting will be dealt with as an attempt to cheat. If I think it was a vote, it was a vote. If I am unsure if a vote is real or not, it will be an unvote. (For example VOTE: Jingle will be considered an unvote.)

23. A modkill will always punish the faction modkilled more as far as timing goes. Modkills may or may not end the day. Modkilled players will be changed to a neutral survivor, meaning they lose the game instantly. DO NOT MAKE ME MODKILL ANYONE, OR I WILL BE VERY ANGRY.

24. In the event of site downtime lasting more than 3 hours; time will be added to the deadline to compensate at a 1 to 1 ratio.

25. Keep hydra and alt slips to minimum. Repeated hydra and alt slips will be punished by starting rumors about the player responsible. Excessive hydra slipping may be subject to further punishment. Players must quote any hydra or alt slips using the account that is actually signed up for this game ASAP.

26. Do not replace out for strategic purposes. I fully understand that things happen, and sometimes replacements are necessary. "I think my replacement will do a better job." is not a valid reason for replacement.

27. Do not attempt to 'game the system'. If something does not fall under these rules, but is still against the spirit of the game, don't do it. I don't want to have to amend my ruleset, but I will.

28. Most importantly, this is a game. Treat it like one. Try to have fun, and don't attempt to prevent others from doing the same.
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 0

u r a person 2 (0):
RadiantCowbells (0):
Michael Scott (0):
Shoshin (0):
Saudade (0):

Not Voting: u r a person 2, RadiantCowbells, Michael Scott, Shoshin, Saudade

Weightless votes:

Aubrey:
Enter:
Singletonking:

With 5 alive, it is 3 to lynch!

Deadline is: (expired on 2019-03-20 16:00:00).
This is a Parachute.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:54 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

ok. i'm town

given the nature of this setup i have 50/50 of catching scum. i will catch scum. scum know that i am going to catch scum.
scum strategy in this game is to mislynch me, 100% of the time. particularly given that the paragons will support it given that it makes their wincondition easier to remove the biggest ? in the game.

if you're town, you win by working with me and you lose by voting me or allowing scum to discredit me.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Enter »

VOTE: Radiant Cowbells

No RVS vote shows lack of desire to solve the game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:59 am

and paragons, because this setup doesn't allow scum to bus, when I lead on scum you'll know that I'm town or gamethrowing. going after me is terrible. don't do it.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 pm

don't rvs vote. don't vote at all.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Where is the information on how this setup works?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 3, RadiantCowbells wrote:ok. i'm town

given the nature of this setup i have 50/50 of catching scum. i will catch scum. scum know that i am going to catch scum.
scum strategy in this game is to mislynch me, 100% of the time. particularly given that the paragons will support it given that it makes their wincondition easier to remove the biggest ? in the game.

if you're town, you win by working with me and you lose by voting me or allowing scum to discredit me.

Seems legit. Let's work together, buddy!
103-11 0-2
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Shoshin »

You sound very reasonable, RC.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 1, Jingle wrote:Repeated hydra and alt slips will be punished by starting rumors about the player responsible.
Hm.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Hey U2, why are you trusting obvscum RC?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 7, Shoshin wrote:Where is the information on how this setup works?
From what I gather, we're in a 5p lylo. We need to lynch 1 scum today.

If we lynch one scum today, both paragons and town wins

If we lynch scum, town loses and paragons get a discussion period. If they guess both scum correctly, they win. If they don't scum wins.

Both paragons and scum have private day chat
103-11 0-2
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:02 pm

I am very reasonable :]
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 11, Shoshin wrote:Hey U2, why are you trusting obvscum RC?
I like working with people. You wanna work with us, too?
103-11 0-2
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Hey Shoshin if you're pretending to be transparently scum instead of actually just being transparently scum you should say something because I was already considering voting you.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

The Paragon Role PM, (and the sample PM in the OP) was incorrect. This has been fixed. Paragons, you don't have to hide from yourselves or lynch town in order to win. :P

(Thank you, anonymous friend for pointing out that I just copied the scum wincon into the Paragon PM.)
This is a Parachute.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 6, RadiantCowbells wrote:don't rvs vote. don't vote at all.
Actually, good point
In post 9, Shoshin wrote:You sound very reasonable, RC.
Real or sarcasm?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I was going to say the same thing to you, RC.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:05 pm

I think that she is scum trying to imply I'm being more reasonable than my town meta would dictate when in fact I was being (what most people would define as) pretty
un
reasonable and she was trying to force a super complex sounding train of thought for pushing on me after I already pointed out that it is scum wincondition to paint me as scum this game.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 19, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think that she is scum trying to imply I'm being more reasonable than my town meta would dictate when in fact I was being (what most people would define as) pretty
un
reasonable and she was trying to force a super complex sounding train of thought for pushing on me after I already pointed out that it is scum wincondition to paint me as scum this game.
this is a lot more convoluted than what I was thinking.

I thought shoshin was just being sarcastic.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

RC might actually be town.
103-11 0-2
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:07 pm

I think that if she were town regardless of her thoughts on my alignment she would be a lot warier of saying something that would be likely to pick a fight with me this soon.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:08 pm

She thinks that she can read me, fine, she certainly doesn't make these posts on the first page of the game as scum.
It's not how she would deal with a scumread on me: I think it's plausible-ish that she scumreads me because I don't think that she can actually read me, but I don't think she ever makes this set of posts as town.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 21, u r a person 2 wrote:RC might actually be town.
Based on his attitude and the distortion it took for him to get to the idea that Shoshin is scum, I would agree with you.

I agree shoshin is probably scum, I just doubt that it's for the reason RC thinks it is.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”