Micro 894: Marked for Death!! [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Micro 894: Marked for Death!! [game over]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:53 am

Post by the worst »

MICRO 894: MARKED FOR DEATH

as created by Toto

Backup mods: Skygazer & MagikHorse

full player list:
  • GuiltyLion
  • Chemist1422
  • GeorgeBailey
  • Osetr
  • Dancing Puppets (Titus + Nancy Drew 39)
  • Elements
    ceejayvinoya

• DrDolittle
  • Caesar Wills It
dead people + reveals
Spoiler:
  • MagikHorse, Art Gallery Curator, died in the pregame.
  • DrDolittle,
    Vanilla Townie
    , lynched day one.
  • GuiltyLion,
    Vanilla Townie
    , marked night one & died day two.
  • Caesar Wills It,
    Mafia Goon
    , lynched day two.
Last edited by the worst on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:53 am

Post by the worst »

Rules

mercilessly stolen & adapted from Ausuka

General Rules:

1. Site Rules apply.
2. You may not quote your role PM, you may not quote any other PMs from me, and you may not quote the time at which I sent you any PM.
3. The default mafiascum skin font colours are my mod colours. I strongly encourage you to use them.
4. If you have a question or concern, or if you think that I may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. Be sure to bold requests directed at me so that I see them.
5. If you break any of these rules, or if I deem it to be appropriate, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did.
5. If a player is modkilled, they will die and become a Neutral Survivor resulting in their loss.
6. Please be respectful and kind towards other players. I understand that Mafia can be a heated game sometimes, but there is a line, and if you cross it the game stops being fun. In particular, personal attacks are not allowed.
7. Once you die you may not post anymore.
8. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask me, and I will answer.
9. Don’t claim scum with another player in a serious manner. I will judge what counts as serious; don't toe the line. Claiming scum by yourself is fine, but please don’t lose the game intentionally by doing so.
10. Don’t work against your win condition.
11. Don’t use provable randomness. Saying “I rolled a dice and it landed on 2” is acceptable; posting a screenshot of you using random.org, or using dice tags, is not acceptable.
12. Use your common sense; I try to include as much as I can but this is probably not an exhaustive list of all things you are not allowed to do.
13. I reserve the right to change any of these rules or any of the time, or make any judgement irregardless of what these rules say (although I will try to follow what I have said here as closely as possible.)
14. The spirit of these rules is what counts, not the exact wording. If you find a loophole in these rules, don't be surprised when I modkill you anyway. Ask me if you would like clarity on any of these, or think something might fall in a grey area.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:

15. You can vote for a player to get them lynched. Voting for no lynch will be considered invalid, for the purposes of this game.
16. Votes must use the bold tags or the vote tags, like this: VOTE: teh worts or this:
Vote: teh worts
. please try and use recognisable names/nicknames wherever possible.
17. A lynch requires a majority (over 50%) vote. For example, when there are 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch, because that is the smallest number over 50% of the number of players.
18. Deadlines are 10 days for day one, then 7 days for each following day. nights will last 48 hours. I may extend this if I deem it appropriate. When the deadline expires, the day will end with the majority wagon being lynched. In the event of there being competing majority wagons, the one which reached its majority first will be lynched.
19. When a lynch is reached or deadline expires, I will lock the thread and start the Night phase as soon as I can. You are allowed to post before I do this, if you want.
20. All approved private topics included in any role PMs may be used for discussion at any time. That means that the mafia, along with any other hypothetical roles using private topics, may be used during both day phases and night phases.

Prodding and Activity:

21. If a player fails to post for 36 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
22. If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 72 hours (3 days). Exceptions may be made: please notify me if you will be gone entirely for more than three days.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:54 am

Post by the worst »

SETUP

6 vanilla townies

2 mafia goons

CORE MECHANICS

• Daystart (day one).
  • Mafia has full daytalk.
  • Each night, rather than immediately kill someone, the Mafia must select a target to "mark". This player is publicly announced as marked at the start of the following day.
  • The marked target dies along with the following day's lynch. For example: the night one mark will die along with the day two lynch; the night two mark will die along with the day three lynch.
  • Day one will last 10 days. Following day phases will last 7 days.
  • Night phases will last 48 hours.
  • Both marking and lynching are compulsive. If a mark target is not submitted, a townie will be randomly selected. Details for how deadline lynches will occur are in the Rules post.
ROLE PMs

VANILLA TOWNIE

Welcome, [player name]. You are a
vanilla townie

Abilities:
- You have no abilities other than your voice, and your vote.

Win Condition:
- You win if all threats to the town are eliminated.

MAFIA GOON

Welcome, [player name], you are a 
Mafia Goon
Abilities:
- Factional communication: At any time you may talk with your partners HERE
- Mark for Death: Each night phase, you and your partner must select a single target to "mark". The marked player will be publicly be confirmed as marked at the start of the following day, and will die at the same time as the following day's lynch is achieved.

Win Condition:
- You win if at least half of the living players are mafia.

easy, right? :) just send me a PM if you have any questions on this.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:54 am

Post by the worst »

front page of the scummers daily tribune: wednesday, scumtober 28th, 2027
Scummers Daily Tribune

Ninety-Eight PagesScumtober 28th, 20271.00 Mafiadollars
[/font]

NEW LEAD IN HIGH-PROFILE MURDER!

New details have been emerging about the mysterious murder of Gideon "MagikHorse"
Allencourt, the curator of the National Art Gallery, last week. We at the Scummers' Daily
Tribune were fortunate enough to have an exclusive interview with the lead investigator
on the case last night and are honoured to bring the latest news to the people of
Scumington.
Mr. Allencourt passed last Tuesday, the 20th of Scumtober, after an unexpected medic-
-al complication. According to trusted sources, MagikHorse was rushed to the George
Scumington University Hospital in the early hours of the morning. The hospital ER staff
were alarmed to discover that his usual equid-esque features were rapidly malforming
into those of a goose. Before doctors could begin to guess the origin of this condition,
MagikHorse had died.
In an interview last night, Lead Investigator Sadie "Skygazer" Duskmane of the
Scumington Police Force was able to confirm that police "expect fowl play". It is speculated
that Mr. Allencourt's condition may have been brought on by some kind of poison: likely
from the uncharted sub-equatorial hellscape of Australia, or someplace similarly nefarious.
Lead Investigator Skygazer was also able to confirm that although reported early
leads did not produce fruitful results, the Police Force are working a new angle. The people
of Scumington have been assured not to worry: these wrongdoers will be brought to justice
before any more harm can be done to our great city.
It really is true what they say, folks. Chief Inspector Skygazer is so called because she'll
gaze as high as the stratosphere to find her culprit. When the going gets tough, they bring in
the best of the best - and Skygazer is nothing short of that.
The Scummers' daily Tribune will continue to bring you any news on this investigation.

SPOOKYWE'EN RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!

Spookywe'en is just around the corner, and Scumington is as festive as ever! With just
three days to go, we hope that you've done all your shopping already. But if not, no need to
worry. Shops will be open until midnight this Friday, for any of your last-minute Spookywe'en
continued on pg. 2.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:03 am

Post by the worst »

Role PMs are out!
Please confirm your alignment to me.

Game will start (likely tomorrow) with 7/8 confirmations.

so far we have 6/8
Last edited by the worst on Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 am

Post by the worst »

just gonna add a rule in:

Flavour is just gonna be flavour, and will not contain hints regarding unflipped player alignments; I have a kinda silly story partially fleshed out already. I'd appreciate it if nobody attempts to flavourgame, but please feel free to have a joke with it. It's there for a laugh and a smile (hopefully). :)
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:12 am

Post by the worst »

With 7 confirmations, day one begins.

hotel paxton, scumington. wednesday, scumtober 28th, 2027. circa 10.30amSkygazer, lead investigator on the MagikHorse murder, carefully flicked through the dossiers her assistant had prepared for her. Pika "the worst" Chu, the new duck on the block.
He didn't do so bad,
Skygazer thought,
Given his brain is the size of an apricot.
They didn't let a whole lot of ducks into the Force. Especially ones who'd had their names given to them by sadistic bystanders. But what he lacked in most things, he made up for in enthusiasm - Skygazer could feel she was starting to warm up to him.

"Come on, where are you..." She muttered, audibly but not quite enough that a passer-by could hear. Sky's eyes were flicking from the dossier across the hotel lobby. She'd parked herself on a sofa chair in a lobby hotel - the same hotel where her new suspects would be meeting at any minute.

Though she had already read the dossiers back-to-back, the Chief Inspector knew that preparation was key to pulling off this investigation. In her long career, Sky had never failed to catch her culprit. But the lead she was pursuing was a delicate tightrope. One misstep, and this could plummet quickly.

Gideon Allencourt hadn't just been murdered: her lab reports strongly suggested he was poisoned. Mr. Allencourt had led a pretty careful life. He'd lived for his job as a gallery curator. The Force's first & only lead was that someone at the gallery must've had beef with their boss: but it couldn't have been further from the truth. MagikHorse had been well-liked and well-respected, and there wasn't a soul at the gallery without a solid alibi. Much the same could be said for his modest private life. The junior inspectors couldn't find a reason anyone would want him gone.

But that's where Skygazer came in. By carefully analysing Gideon's movements over the last fortnight, she'd uncovered that he had been engaged to set up an extremely exclusive art auction for a small group of private connoisseurs. These nine collectors were the only people who hadn't been looked into: nine extremely wealthy art collectors from around the globe. This was a sensitive task. But she'd never been one to shy away from that.

The eight dossiers in her lap outlined these buyers: their names, their pseudonyms, their histories, everything she needed to know to pose as a gallery employee acting in Mr. Allencourt's place. She glanced across the names one more time:
  • Harold "GuiltyLion" Paxton
  • Percy "chemist1422" Altman the 1422nd
  • George "GeorgeBailey" Bailey
  • Wallace "Osetr" Paxton
  • Jackqueline "Nancy Drew 39" Marple & Amelia "Titus" Marple (the "Dancing Puppet" twins)
  • Sir Valentine "ceejayvinoya" Ryder
  • Doctor Carter "DrDolittle" Chamberlain
  • Gaius Julius "Caesar Wills It" Caesar
From the corner of her eye, a face caught Sky's attention: Doctor Chamberlain, aka. DrDolittle, had appeared in the centre of the lobby. He looked distracted, repeatedly glancing down at his watch. She hadn't caught his attention. Swiftly stashing of the dossiers, she withdrew a notepad & pen, making notes for her eventual encroachment.

Over the next few minutes, the eclectic cast of art collectors slowly came together. The last to appear was a well-dressed (and allegedly imaginary) humanoid tiger, who she recognised as GuiltyLion.

Skygazer left the comfort of the sofa chair. She was once again about to enter the dark, cold world of undercover police work. This was going to be a long, difficult interrogation, she could feel it. But this is what she did best.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:20 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.00

DOSSIER: HAROLD "GUILTYLION" PAXTON

Harold is the next in line to inherit the family legacy of the Paxton U.S. hotels - great-great-grandson of Crawford Paxton.
He is openly hospitable, and well-known for his geniality. However, he is a wily and ambitious businessman, with his family's best interests always at heart.

GuiltyLion
(0) :
Chemist1422
(0) :
GeorgeBailey
(0) :
Osetr
(0) :
Dancing Puppets
(0) :
ceejayvinoya
(0) :
DrDolittle
(0) :
Caesar Wills It
(0) :

not voting:
GuiltyLion, Chemist1422, GeorgeBailey, Osetr, Dancing Puppets, ceejayvinoya, DrDolittle, Caesar Wills It

with 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2019-10-22 08:00:00) or earlier automatically if a majority lynch is achieved.

mod notes:

- quack
--
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:54 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I know these type of stories. Typically the investigator is scum. VOTE: skygazer
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:55 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I encourage everyone to follow my lead
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:57 am

Post by the worst »

well, shit. that's a wrap guys.
--
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

quack

VOTE: osetr

sheep my read on this slot i am an EXPERT at solving them (or I would be if I ever rolled town with them in-game)
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Honk! Honk!

*keels over dead*
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

It wasn't me I swear

*hides knife*
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Osetr »

In post 11, Chemist1422 wrote:quack

VOTE: osetr

sheep my read on this slot i am an EXPERT at solving them (or I would be if I ever rolled town with them in-game)
im also an expert at solving you

so

VOTE: chemist1422
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Osetr »

on a more serious note hi lads, never played with anyone here except chem

i obvtown as town so this should be ez game

just gotta make sure i dont forgey about mafiascum existing
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Osetr »

i hope chem's town so we can have neverending arguments like we always do lmao
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

wheres everyone else
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Osetr »

In post 17, DrDolittle wrote:wheres everyone else
they dead
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Osetr »

are me and guilty brothers in the flavor? we have the same surname
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Post by Osetr »

wow is everyone here american or what
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:22 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I'm around and not American. You can rant to me.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:33 pm

Post by Osetr »

nah i dont rant, im usually a happy guy
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:02 am

Post by Osetr »

what would i even rant about
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:56 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 16, Osetr wrote:i hope chem's town so we can have neverending arguments like we always do lmao
That happens when I’m scum too
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”