Micro 938: Butterfly Mafia [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 692, LuckyLuciano wrote:Knightmare: It's {Lucky, Votato}
Also Knightmare: The scummy thing Votato just did isn't
that
scummy.
Why is this actually bad? Do you think it's good town play to regard everything their scumread does as maximally scummy, or do you just think it's what town are most likely to do for some reason?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

I think it's odd for Knightmare to be hardpushing votato up until the point he's called out as votato's scumpartner, and then he suddenly starts defending votato and dismissing arguments against him on his behalf.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I'll think some more about that.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 702, LuckyLuciano wrote:Oh, and if Knightmare really thinks his solve could be wrong, he would be trying to sort Umlaut. He hasn't been doing that because he's waiting to hear Recti's take before defining a stance. Let's get Knightmare's read on Umlaut before Recti gives his solve.
This is a fair point though, I honestly have no idea what Knightmare thinks of me atm and he seemed to switch into joke mode as soon as Lucky asked a real question.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

After rereading everything:

Knightmare
is town.
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

Possibilities:

Umlaut/Knightmare
-
Literally Impossible
- game would already be over as they'd have coordinated a vote on either Lucky or Votato.

Votato/LuckyLuciano - As of the beginning of the day, the reads of the players who weren't me were:
  • LuckyLuciano: (Votato & KM/Umlaut) (way to be decisive there)
    Votato: (LuckyLuciano & Knightmare)
    Knightmare: (LuckyLuciano & Votato)
    Umlaut: (LuckyLuciano & Votato)
Note that we know that Knightmare and Umlaut cannot be scum together. Of (Votato, Knightmare, Umlaut), all are scumreading LuckyLuciano; as one of them is the remaining scum, if Lucky is scum, one of them has to be scum bussing LuckyLuciano. We also see that of (LuckyLuciano, Knightmare, Umlaut), all are scumreading Votato; if Votato is scum, as one of them is the remaining scum, one of them has to be scum bussing Votato, too. In any case, scum is bussing today.

Let's prove that...

If LuckyLuciano or Votato are scum, in either case, this is trivially proved. Let's work through the logic of them being town and work through the logic there...

Town LuckyLuciano: Then scum is either (Knightmare/Votato or Votato/Umlaut); in either case, scum is still bussing.
Town Votato: Then scum is either LuckyLuciano/Knightmare or LuckyLuciano/Umlaut); in either case, scum is still bussing.

Let's take Lucky up on his offer in #694.
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

After rereading the whole game, I have a strong suspicion that the solve may well be (Votato, LuckyLuciano).

Let's put this to the acid test.

VOTE: LuckyLuciano
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: LuckyLuciano
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Umlaut »

You were right, that test was quite conclusive.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

Hmm, perhaps not?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by votato »

no i think it was conclusive. gg.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

So you two were the scumteam.

Such is life.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by votato »

this was a fun game. sorry for being an ass to you, lucky and KM. KM you need to stop deathtunneling me every game though, it was a bit too easy to make people not take you seriously.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I hate lurking to victory as scum and I feel like that's what I did this game :/ at least until I started efforting a bit at the end there. Looker kind of made it easy for me to coast.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

Yes, Looker trashed two days for town. Votato was more likely to be scum than Lucky, but to be perfectly honest, Lucky's attitude annoyed me to the point where, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and if I'm right, I'm right, but either way maybe he'll tone down the smug/jerk tendencies in the future.

GG to all except Looker. Loads of fun at first, though.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by votato »

day 1 was too much fun. that sort of shitshow is extra fun as scum when its perfectly along with your wincon. its just too bad that it ended so fast. i think looker is going on my WotC list.
Rectiplanes
Rectiplanes
Goon
Rectiplanes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Rectiplanes »

WOTC?

If that means you're not playing in games with him, then that makes sense.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Good to know that you continue to scumread me as town and blame me for your inability to read me. Oh well, I would have voted Knightmare at LYLO anyway. GG scum. I am never playing with Looker again, however.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by votato »

WotC = wisdom of the crowd. most moderators use it so players can say they dont wanna play with someone and get them removed from the lobby. yeah this woulda been much more challenging if not for looker. hard to say what the game might have looked like, because obviously our strat as scum woulda changed. beyond looker it really was fun tho
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Umlaut's interactions with you really fooled me. I also had a hard time getting over Knightmare seemingly giving up on the game. I don't blame him for it, it was just hard for me to interpret.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 493, Umlaut wrote:
In post 477, votato wrote:yeah. if he really double-voted to hammer after two ICs explicitly said not to, then thats pretty scummy. yeah. obviously not confirmed, but...

also, OP says this is a normal game. i dont think double-voter is a normal role (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game). that means lucky is lying.
Where does the OP say this? I thought I remembered signing up for a normal game but I can't find anything saying so in the rules.
This is my favorite post of mine in the game

because I told votato in the PT that it was a normal game, then came in here and started giving him shit for saying so
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

In post 737, votato wrote:this was a fun game. sorry for being an ass to you, lucky and KM. KM you need to stop deathtunneling me every game though, it was a bit too easy to make people not take you seriously.
I didn't take any of it personally. It's all a game. I enjoyed playing with you.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

Yeah I'm not playing with looker or votato ever again.
Honestly I'm just tired of being right about scum and then not being taken seriously in most of my town games. I'm not as analytical as Planes or Lucky, I'm more of a tonal & instincts player.
How I play mafia is in some ways a direct reflection of how I am IRL, I don't really give a fuck about convincing people of anything, I'm more of a either you like me or you dislike me idgaf type of person.
On the balance of things I'd probably have voted votato over lucky today and then lylo would be really really hard.
I was just waiting for planes because I knew he would give at least some insight which would probably help me analyse the game better.
I hadn't given up, the game was really frustrating in general. The 2 page 1v1 between Lucky and I was really really getting on my nerves, he was constantly misrepping me and making things look a million times worse than they were and I was getting really sick of replying to it.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 597, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 591, LuckyLuciano wrote:
In post 569, Umlaut wrote:Another VT here.

Thinking it has to be {votato, Lucky}. In any case it has to be Lucky because there is just no way {Knightmare, votato} is the team.
Then why isn't your vote on me?
From your perspective if you are town, then the game should be solved. Unless you disagree with this?
It should be (votato, umalaut). Even if you consider it could be (me, umalaut). Then you should be voting Umalaut?
This was the game right here :facepalm:
I just wanted Lucky to use some common sense and make me realise he's town
Honestly most of why I thought it was votato+lucky is because votato calling Lucky scum just because he was lurking was too convenient, it made sense in my head that scum! Lucky would have planned all this in the QT.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 737, votato wrote:this was a fun game. sorry for being an ass to you, lucky and KM. KM you need to stop deathtunneling me every game though, it was a bit too easy to make people not take you seriously.
I didn't death tunnel you at all, I said your case on me was shit and did not scum read you for it. But you continued with it after which I realised that this kinda BS can't come from town. All your case on me was that I put momnkey on l-1 and that makes me scum.

~Rectiplanes

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”