Micro 965 | Meet me in the Backrooms | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:58 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

koba mvp for drawing aggro :D
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1497, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ari i felt so bad attacking you, i wanted us to be the bestest of friends. But my wincon forced me to attack you. :c
Hope we can be same allignment in another game!
<3

I would love that too! You were a lot of fun! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

[tweet][/tweet]
In post 1500, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:koba mvp for drawing aggro :D
im used to getting pushed on in general so I can usually tell when its a scum/town motivated push. you are one of the few who have fooled me with a genuine alignment telling push :P this game was kinda my peak since i got to show off my skills at roleswapping!
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Koba, I gotta say, you were not the player I had a great amount of fun playing with overall, but damn did you pull that shit off amazingly!

There was a point where I legitimately almost replaced out because I did not think I could play with you, but you do have some very impressive talents and I am glad I gave you a chance! I was blown away by the role swapping this game. It was actually insane!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Piergeiron the Paladinson
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Piergeiron the Paladinson »

In post 1503, Aristophanes wrote:Koba, I gotta say, you were not the player I had a great amount of fun playing with overall, but damn did you pull that shit off amazingly!

There was a point where I legitimately almost replaced out because I did not think I could play with you, but you do have some very impressive talents and I am glad I gave you a chance! I was blown away by the role swapping this game. It was actually insane!
I am very pleased with how it all worked out. The biggest assumption I had to make was that both Cats and DkKoba would see what I was doing and play along, but I had few doubts they would. I would also happily play with DkKoba again.
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

In post 1504, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:
In post 1503, Aristophanes wrote:Koba, I gotta say, you were not the player I had a great amount of fun playing with overall, but damn did you pull that shit off amazingly!

I am very pleased with how it all worked out. The biggest assumption I had to make was that both Cats and DkKoba would see what I was doing and play along, but I had few doubts they would. I would also happily play with DkKoba again.
LOL my whole plan on D1 was to get a roleswap with the FN. i softed it like 10000 times.

and idk how to put this but you have to be willing to take pressure in a mafia game. this game was me toned down. I tend to be much shitter towards ppl who bad faith push me and i just have 0 patience for that shit and i will grill them into the ground but I'm generally here to play a game and win and not really to be extra nice.

I'm just happy I had a 2/3 solve by the end. Feel bad for janko, couldn't stop his miselim twice in a row.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Oh goddmanit i keep alt slipping
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:31 pm

i keep my alt in a different color setting so its impossible to alt slip
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1507, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i keep my alt in a different color setting so its impossible to alt slip
I keep my alts on a different browser and still somehow make the occasional slip :P
- Jingle
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

second sentence was for u ari btw.
and tn/marquis, maybe consider you were extremely toxic the way you played even if as scum since clearly you were 2 both upset with me and took out that frustration on me. I'm always perfectly willing to be civil and do it the questioning way instead of resorting to emotion but when push comes to shove im going to call you an ass when you're being an ass. as soon as tn did their little gambit i knew one of my reads was wrong which was why i switched to marquis on d2 lmfao. i was more afraid of getting scumread by paladin tho and him getting NKed instaed of me so i was passive af. always a mistake.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

btw cats' and I's PT is open now, it was actually pretty long because I spammed it too to vent thoughts and used it as a notes PT. I didn't even let cats avoid pressure and honestly if a skilled player carefully read our interactions in thread it woulda been obv we were neighbors LOL
retired
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1505, WindowsXP wrote:and idk how to put this but you have to be willing to take pressure in a mafia game. this game was me toned down. I tend to be much shitter towards ppl who bad faith push me and i just have 0 patience for that shit and i will grill them into the ground but I'm generally here to play a game and win and not really to be extra nice.
I understand and respect that style I suppose, but it is not something I am generally down for?

On the plus side, even as scum I rarely make bad-faith pushes so that's a blessing in my direction :P

Uhmmm, sorry for a) supporting a bad scum agenda in D1 and b) being unreceptive towards you.
I'm happy with how all of this played out though and I'm glad I was read properly and made the read properly in the end.

I'd like to see you in a different environment tbh, maybe we will play again.
- Jingle
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1511, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1505, WindowsXP wrote:and idk how to put this but you have to be willing to take pressure in a mafia game. this game was me toned down. I tend to be much shitter towards ppl who bad faith push me and i just have 0 patience for that shit and i will grill them into the ground but I'm generally here to play a game and win and not really to be extra nice.
I understand and respect that style I suppose, but it is not something I am generally down for?

On the plus side, even as scum I rarely make bad-faith pushes so that's a blessing in my direction :P

Uhmmm, sorry for a) supporting a bad scum agenda in D1 and b) being unreceptive towards you.
I'm happy with how all of this played out though and I'm glad I was read properly and made the read properly in the end.

I'd like to see you in a different environment tbh, maybe we will play again.
what was the scum agenda? I think I of anyone should be listened to after assisting in a successful roleswap that led to TWO unclear slots getting NKed and granting us a 2/3 POE after a D1 scum power hanging.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok sorry that was a bit ego filled but I believed I played optimally for town in my position esp the strategies i chose to employ.
retired
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Uhhhh the role revealing/neighbourhood reveals D1? I understood where Marquis was coming from but it ended up being scum PR hunting.

I think I came around strongly on you D2 and you'll see in the PT where I called you town multiple times. I just was averse to your playstyle is all.
- Jingle
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:09 pm

lol 2000 games of chat mafia
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1515, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:lol 2000 games of chat mafia
its 2K on my main account alone, that doesn't count my alt accounts
retired
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:11 pm

where do you play chat mafia?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

used to play* but on epicmafia. cursed site. but teaches you some good mafia skills through repetition of many games. most ~heated~ games will last at most an hour. (the notorious half hour 3 way into scum AtEing a win. love those)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

used to play* but on epicmafia. cursed site. but teaches you some good mafia skills through repetition of many games. most ~heated~ games will last at most an hour. (the notorious half hour 3 way into scum AtEing a win. love those)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the playstyle meta is generally a lot more toxic and emotion based. but there are players, notably staypositivefriend, who is in the mafia universe championships(and successfully helped get 2 town sweeps in a row which has never happened in that) who use analytical play that is more common in forum play in chat mafia to great success.

meta is more important since you can have 100s of games with someone and understand their play in multiple situations.

pr hunting is common. town roleswaps with PR fairly often. the big weakness is that people tend to play "follow the clear".

overall I think there's much to learn from the enviroment but also a lot to UNlearn which i've learned here xD
retired
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:42 pm

In post 889, Cats wrote:
In post 775, DkKoba wrote:actually i can do this the other way around.

ari, can you tell us what marquis has been saying in the neighbor chat to you? does he have any reads you can share for us?

if you're afraid to do that we'll find that as scummy btw.

also how many pages long is your PT perchance?
Forgive me for going back some pages to ask this, but Koba, who was the 'we' in this situation?

- Tammy
In post 890, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:Yes that is what I figured.
Tammy, were you trying to crumb to me that DkKoba was your partner? Because that is what I gathered here. Especially with the context of the posts immediately before and after this in your ISO.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:44 pm

I thought nothing of DkKoba's first post crumb until their in-thread interactions essentially confirmed this pairing to me, then I figured it had to have been an intentionally obvious crumb.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1522, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:I thought nothing of DkKoba's first post crumb until their in-thread interactions essentially confirmed this pairing to me, then I figured it had to have been an intentionally obvious crumb.
oops! haha. honestly this is the main reason i flipped off of janko and went straight for marquis bc janko would be smart enough to see that LOL
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I accidentally did all my scumhunting of Cats within the hood and forgot to do it in the thread and then it came off as half assed.
retired

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”