Marathon Weekend (Over!)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Goon

Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #25  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:43 pm

In post 24, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 23, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 22, 123456789 wrote:
In post 19, 2 718281828459 wrote:I am willing to play...

...if the mod creates a special site chat room for the game. With fast post paces, it can be next to impossible even to post at all unless you disable the whatchamacallit (if someone posts immediately before you, it intercepts your post and lets you write more), which I do not see how to do -- and you might actually want the whatchamacallit on. (The mod would add to the starting post the following: "You can also use room MarathonGame99999 on the site chat to discuss the game at a faster pace.")

And I might also play even without this -- that described chaos may end up nonexistent in practice.

I think the marathon forum has the post preview thingy disabled.

Welcome to the land of accidental hammers! Let's do this! I just hope I get to be scum.
please tell me you're an alt of each other and are talking to yourself. please.

Nope! Two completely different people!
The limit as x approaches c of f(x) = L means that for each epsilon > 0, there exists a delta such that if 0 < |x - c| <= delta, then |f(x) - L| <= epsilon.
GTKAS

Korina
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #26  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 am

How do we know?
Quickly! Both of you get in the same place at the same time while we're all there!
Either you're two people and we wasted everyone's time or the world ends!
Win/win!
SSBUPick is currently in Night 4! Need no replacements!
Grand Idea Mafia (The Reroll) is in Day 1! Accepting backups and spectators!

#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Pine
In Your Head

Post Post #27  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:18 am

/in to mod

Am I doing it right? :D

fur hydra
Townie

Pronoun: They

Post Post #28  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:17 pm

READ ON AT YOUR OWN PERILGreetings, good people of MafiaScum.net.

You may have heard the rumours about Marathon Weekend running from this coming 4th of July, til the 8th of July.

You may have heard that this will feature a series of small, rapid-paced games for all to enjoy.

What you may not have heard is the magnificent machinations of the malignant mafia. For if they have their way, the end of this Marathon Weekend will be the end of the WORLD.

~~~

MAFIA MARATHON: APOCALYPSE
is a 13 player closed game, created by xyzzy (recent inventor of Mafia Month).

The game will last for the same length as the marathon weekend. Days are ended via majority vote, and nights will last for 3 hours.

The game will end when either faction is eliminated (or nothing can prevent this)...but with a twist: if marathon weekend ends and a win condition has not been achieved, the mafia will instantly achieve their goal of destroying the world.

Given the nature of this setup:
  • night actions will be accepted in advance of night phases. Reasonable contingencies will be accepted; if you would like to discuss this, reach out to us.
Spoiler: for example
if a standard sane cop were to send a message indicating "if xyzzy flips town, investigate the worst. if xyzzy flips scum, investigate mith", this action would be accepted and resolved as per instructions. if your contingent action is not clear and decisive, or we are not absolutely sure how to interpret it (e.g. only "if xyzzy flips town investigate the worst." will resolve as investigating the worst every time; "if xyzzy flips town, investigate at random" will be refused.).
  • private communication will be allowed at all times.
  • we actively encourage hydras if you would like to play but aren't comfortable with the full commitment. Hydras are in particular encouraged if you can find members from vastly different timezones, or schedules. If you'd like to form a new hydra, but don't currently have a partner or know who to invite, please respond to this message and add you to a PT for sourcing partners.
  • there will be no third parties, or bastard mechanics (outside of the obvious).

This is effectively an invitation to players who enjoy marathon weekends / the mods thought to invite. If you would like to extend an invitation to another player, or hydra partner, please let us know.

Any open slots will be filled ASAP via in thread sign ups.

If you have any questions, please contact this account or one of the undersigned.

- xyzzy & the worst

P.S. if you don't want to play, don't feel bad--we assure* you that the world won't literally end**.
P.P.S. also, if you are interested, we strongly encourage you to play in other marathon games during marathon weekend -- our goal isn't to have you focus solely on this game but to have this be an ongoing thing in the middle of other games!

xyzzy
comical third option

Pronoun: They

Post Post #29  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 pm

In post 28, fur hydra wrote:
Spoiler:
READ ON AT YOUR OWN PERILGreetings, good people of MafiaScum.net.

You may have heard the rumours about Marathon Weekend running from this coming 4th of July, til the 8th of July.

You may have heard that this will feature a series of small, rapid-paced games for all to enjoy.

What you may not have heard is the magnificent machinations of the malignant mafia. For if they have their way, the end of this Marathon Weekend will be the end of the WORLD.

~~~

MAFIA MARATHON: APOCALYPSE
is a 13 player closed game, created by xyzzy (recent inventor of Mafia Month).

The game will last for the same length as the marathon weekend. Days are ended via majority vote, and nights will last for 3 hours.

The game will end when either faction is eliminated (or nothing can prevent this)...but with a twist: if marathon weekend ends and a win condition has not been achieved, the mafia will instantly achieve their goal of destroying the world.

Given the nature of this setup:
  • night actions will be accepted in advance of night phases. Reasonable contingencies will be accepted; if you would like to discuss this, reach out to us.
[spoiler=for example]if a standard sane cop were to send a message indicating "if xyzzy flips town, investigate the worst. if xyzzy flips scum, investigate mith", this action would be accepted and resolved as per instructions. if your contingent action is not clear and decisive, or we are not absolutely sure how to interpret it (e.g. only "if xyzzy flips town investigate the worst." will resolve as investigating the worst every time; "if xyzzy flips town, investigate at random" will be refused.).
  • private communication will be allowed at all times.
  • we actively encourage hydras if you would like to play but aren't comfortable with the full commitment. Hydras are in particular encouraged if you can find members from vastly different timezones, or schedules. If you'd like to form a new hydra, but don't currently have a partner or know who to invite, please respond to this message and add you to a PT for sourcing partners.
  • there will be no third parties, or bastard mechanics (outside of the obvious).

This is effectively an invitation to players who enjoy marathon weekends / the mods thought to invite. If you would like to extend an invitation to another player, or hydra partner, please let us know.

Any open slots will be filled ASAP via in thread sign ups.

If you have any questions, please contact this account or one of the undersigned.

- xyzzy & the worst

P.S. if you don't want to play, don't feel bad--we assure* you that the world won't literally end**.
P.P.S. also, if you are interested, we strongly encourage you to play in other marathon games during marathon weekend -- our goal isn't to have you focus solely on this game but to have this be an ongoing thing in the middle of other games!
[/spoiler]

wow if you think about it this is actually a really good idea and you should join it! as a reminder if you want a hydra partner who can play the game while you're asleep but don't have anyone in particular, you can PM one of us to be added to a private thread where you can post some info about your timezone and availability!!!
my gtkas thread
Alisae (03:22:32) one might even say you are
Alisae (03:22:36) clever

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #30  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:42 pm

wow I sure would play that game if I wasnt co-modding it!!

vonflare
doot

Post Post #31  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:23 pm

I have thursday the 5th off work so I will be chaining marathon games the entire day ok
☄️

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #32  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm going to mod something big, still deciding when
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

Kison
.GIFted

Post Post #33  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:00 pm

Marathon Weekend begins NOW! The Marathon Forum is now open for business. Come join the cool kids & participate in the madness. :cool:

Espeonage
Survivor

Post Post #34  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:30 am

Need replacement(s)
I sit with Kison.
You can't sit with us.

GuerillaWoo
Goon

Post Post #35  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:55 pm

In post 34, Espeonage wrote:Need replacement(s)

Sign me up

2 718281828459
Goon

Post Post #36  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 am

I would like to see a quick list of games that have not started yet but are starting today.
Preferred abbreviation: 2.718 (e to three decimal places)
I am still making the 4th signature puzzle (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76943). For now, though, you should note that the e-pronoun is completely a joke and using "he" etc is just as valid as using e, em, etc.
Chat Mafia Club: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77145

Ircher
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:51 pm

NO!!!!! It’s gonna end!!!!
Currently Modding: NY 213 - Game over!
Level Up - Game over!

Yuurei
Goon

Post Post #38  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:03 am

In post 37, Ircher wrote:NO!!!!! It’s gonna end!!!!

it ended by now ://

can't create new topics anymore

saddest moment ever

Invisibility
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm

RIOT
IT GOT DELETED OR SOMETHING
=)

Kison
.GIFted

Post Post #40  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Thank you for participating in the latest Marathon Weekend! We had 115 participants across 44 topics & 9,447 posts.

When should the next Marathon Weekend be? Make your voices heard!

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #41  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Christmas break!

The school year is too inconvenient for many but Christmas is the perfect time for it! =D
Is the proud owner of a rare Virtual Elbirn Hug!

"if someone can't respect u for being who u are, they are not worth having in ur life." - Firebringer the Great

2 718281828459
Goon

Post Post #42  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Maybe some time a little earlier than that. Like maybe another in two months.
Preferred abbreviation: 2.718 (e to three decimal places)
I am still making the 4th signature puzzle (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76943). For now, though, you should note that the e-pronoun is completely a joke and using "he" etc is just as valid as using e, em, etc.
Chat Mafia Club: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77145

Ircher
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanksgiving break! Most people are out around then!
Currently Modding: NY 213 - Game over!
Level Up - Game over!

Kison
.GIFted

Post Post #44  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 am

Sorry - someone moved this thread to a forum where you all couldn't post.

Thanksgiving break could work.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to News