Ban/Restriction Announcements

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #425  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 pm

drealmerz7 has been banned for 14 days from joining new Mafia games due to a pattern of abusive behaviour during a Mafia game, despite a prior warning.
Life isn’t for living, it’s for creating evidence of life to convince ourselves we’ve lived. And if all that happens while participating in a supposedly vital cultural event, then all the better.

Nexus
miss

Pronoun: He

Post Post #426  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:15 am

Frozen Angel has been banned from starting all Mafia-related activities for three months (84 days, ending Fri 19th May 2017 (expired on 2017-05-19 00:00:00)) due to a pattern of rude behaviour and personal insults during a Mafia game and in signup threads, despite prior warnings and a prior ban. This includes playing and modding. She may finish the games she is currently playing or modding, but otherwise she and all alts/hydrae may not sign up for new games.

Alts/Hydrae include:

Frozen Jeanne
Elsa and Anna
Rylai and Lina
T-Paingel
Bluewing Angel
Akame and Kurome
White Kyurem
Arwen and Aragorn
Cold Case

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #427  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 pm

ironstove is now banned from mafia for 180 days for ban evasion as JupiterCrush. Although ironstove is currently unbanned, he was not when JupiterCrush signed up and started playing.

ironstove and JupiterCrush must be removed from any games they are currently in.

Also banned:
NeptunesFinest
HarmfulIfSwallowed
PaffPaff

Radja
Serial Thriller

Post Post #428  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:05 am

wgeurts and ZZZX have been banned from playing mafia for 3 months after sharing their Role PMs in a private topic in Micro 585: Masochist Mafia.
This is considered cheating and it will not be tolerated. They will have to be replaced in any games they are currently in.

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #429  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Given mostly legitimate confusion over what wgeurts thought to be an instruction over sitechat from the game moderator (which was in fact a joke), wgeurts and ZZZX have their punishments changed to 14 days, no new games. They may not join new games during this period.

Therefore, if you have not already replaced either of these players, you may keep them in their game rather than replace them out.

---
Please make very sure before breaking site mafia rules such as "Do not quote communications with moderators" that the game's posted rules explicitly allow this behavior. If you're a mafia moderator, please don't joke about rule breaking being allowed: we have users from many different cultures here, and sometimes those jokes can be misinterpreted.

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Pronoun: She

Post Post #430  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:22 am

James3 has been banned from Discussion forums for 1 week for statements arguing in favor of racism.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
Plan B: it serves you right if i (hug) you in the face though, right?
The next step of my idol clue hunt is showing up at BRO's hometown and asking his parents where he played soccer - Portland

LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Lil Uzi Vert is being restricted to playing only four games at a time for excessive replacing out of games.
A child believes a lie because they know no better
A grown adult sees the lie because it fails to line up with experience
In this way a child's story can be so many different experiences
With enough subtext, a thing made for a child becomes an entirely different world to an adult.

LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 pm

-Grey- has been banned from joining any new games for two weeks due to a pattern of abusive behavior in games. He does not need to be replaced in any games he is currently in.
With enough subtext, a thing made for a child becomes an entirely different world to an adult.

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #433  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:58 am

James3 has been indefinitely banned from the site for continuing to advocate for white nationalism and racism. This is immediately after he was unbanned for the same thing. In his short time here, he has advocated for Jim Crow, Apartheid, Fascism, and White Nationalism.

In addition, he was permanently banned from another mafia site where he ruined games by revealing all player and role identities.

Radja
Serial Thriller

Post Post #434  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Aeronaut has been knocked down to 1 game of modding experience after failing to run Spooky Skeletons Mafia to completion. He will also be required to have a backup mod for any future games he mods.

T-Bone
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 am

Veebs has been banned indefinitely for multiple infractions across mafia and sitechat, despite being warned several times. These reasons include, but aren't limited to: abusive posting, posting in games he is not participating in, harassing another user, discussing ongoing games, and spamming sitechat. He will have to be replaced in all games he is currently in.

T-Bone
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:07 am

KuroiXHF has been banned from joining new mafia games for two weeks for posting in a game after the Game Moderator had flipped his slot and declared him dead.

Haschel Cedricson

Post Post #437  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:03 pm

mv_gimmick has been banned from signing up for Large Social Games for one game cycle for intentionally cheating in an immunity challenge in Survivor: MLS.
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

UpTooLate
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:26 am

Fredrick E Campbell (RyanK2, Fredrick Campbell 3878, Zero0, Edwin Dean) has been banned from playing mafia games for 6 months for trolling, attempting to play in the same game with his own alts, and lack of transparency with moderation about said alts. He will also be restricted to a 1 game limit upon return for excessively replacing out of games. In addition, the following alts will be permanently banned:

Silicon
VX Nerve Agent
Beethoven0203

He will need to be replaced in all games he's currently in.
How can we make the Newbie Queue/Newbie Games a better place? Let me know!
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #439  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:02 pm

SocioPath has been permanently banned from the site for actions off site.

Just as a clarification: We had already banned SocioPath a few days ago but wanted to wait to make this announcement.

Radja
Serial Thriller

Post Post #440  (ISO)  » Wed May 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Jeanne11 has been knocked down to 1 game of modding experience after failing to run Micro 696 to completion. She will also be required to have a backup mod for any future games she mods.

Equinox
Shot Count

Post Post #441  (ISO)  » Fri May 05, 2017 6:23 am

drealmerz7 has been banned for three days from site chat for a pattern of openly hostile behavior toward other users in the Lobby, including making the following remark:

drealmerz7 (23:09) if you don't care then shut the fuck up, eh?
[03:56:17] Shadoweh: Are you happy citizens? Remember, failure to be happy is treason!

LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442  (ISO)  » Fri May 05, 2017 9:54 pm

-Grey- has been banned for being an alt of a previously banned user. This ban extends to the following alt and hydra accounts:

Stone Cold
Land of Xanth

edit

Reasonable Doubt has been added to this list

Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #443  (ISO)  » Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 pm

RadiantCowbells has been banned from joining new games for a month for abusive behavior.
Life isn’t for living, it’s for creating evidence of life to convince ourselves we’ve lived. And if all that happens while participating in a supposedly vital cultural event, then all the better.

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #444  (ISO)  » Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Jax Teller has been deactivated as an alt of a banned user.

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #445  (ISO)  » Fri May 12, 2017 1:42 pm

zakk has been banned from the site for 14 days for attempting (and in the case of Chuck, succeeding) to get the password for other user's accounts and using it to hide his identity. He must be replaced in all games.

To be clear: sharing a hydra's password is acceptable and expected, but everyone should have their own personal mafiascum username. Do not ask or give a password to a regular account. Additionally, hiding any member's access on a hydra from the administration is not acceptable.

If someone asks you for your account password, please report this to the site moderators or administrators.

A rule has been added to make sure this is clear.

EDIT: Just to clarify, zakk did not "hack" anyone.

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Post Post #446  (ISO)  » Wed May 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Accountant has been banned from Discussion forums and site chat for 14 days for rhetoric that endorses components of slavery and threatening another user.
The next step of my idol clue hunt is showing up at BRO's hometown and asking his parents where he played soccer - Portland

MattP
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #447  (ISO)  » Sat May 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Narna has been banned from discussion forums for 2 weeks for abusive language. Using language or images that use race, gender, sexual orientation or disability to insult or offend is not permitted.
SlappyKrust

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Post Post #448  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:27 pm

T S O has been banned for 14 days for derogatory language.

Specific Content wrote: Derogatory language, including but not limited to language that is particularly offensive to a group of people (e.g. a race, gender, sexual orientation, disability), may be moderated depending on context. Using language or images that use race, gender, sexual orientation or disability to insult or offend is not permitted.

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Post Post #449  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 pm

TheFlogScrogger and Gentleman have been banned indefinitely for soliciting other users as well as site chat comments regarding sexual acts towards avatars.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to News