Information on Site Problems

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Information on Site Problems

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by mith »

So, one of the adjustments I made the other night was to change the max_execution_time for php to 10 seconds, rather than the default of 30. My experience today has been that some requests (mostly those calling posting.php - posts and edits) have been slow, but go through after running into the 10 second limit. Has everyone else had a similar experience?

I think the stats programs (bandwidth, etc.) may have been largely responsible for the white screen - I haven't seen any since I turned them off. The slowness hasn't been a constant thing, which suggests that we are just running out of RAM (some combination of too many users doing stuff at once, a large database, and perhaps some inefficient queries in the posting.php code).

I don't know that we'll ever get to the source of the problem before we move/migrate, but I'll keep tweaking things to limit the annoyance until then. In the meantime:

If you get a white screen
(whether blank, or the "out of memory" error), post here. I don't need you to quote it, and I don't need posts from ten different users about having the problem in the same time frame - one will suffice.

If you experience slowness when posting/editing
, first, be patient. It's likely that the post will go through once the problem times out. If it stays stuck for longer than 20 seconds, hit stop on your browser window, and either hit back and refresh or open up a new window/tab to check to see whether your post went through or not.

If you are having repeated problems
with slow page loads and posts not going through, close your browser and take a short break from the site. Bombarding the site with requests out of frustrating will only make things worse.

Thanks,
mith
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 am

Post by mith »

test
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Cybele »

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 144 Table './mithmojo_phpb1/phpbb_posts_text' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_custom_title, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_skype, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, u.user_gender, u.user_birthday, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 13108 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 1225, 25

Line : 518
File : viewtopic.php

Return to “News”