Downtime / Missing Posts

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Downtime / Missing Posts

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by Kison »

Hello everyone.

Our host originally scheduled for us to go down on the 24th at midnight to move our database from its old location to a new, permanent location. They were given 24 hours notice to do this before their service would be shut down. Unfortunately, they did not meet that deadline, which caused the downtime earlier yesterday, the 25th.

I have put up a backup from the 24th, taken at around 11:35 AM EST and am hosting it on my own machine until this can be sorted out. Our host has told us that the data we are missing is retrievable, but that it may take a few days to recover. Until then, things may be a little sluggish, but hopefully stable.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by Tierce »

Word of chamber says:

If you want to lock your game threads so that people aren't trying to figure missing posts out with faulty memories, fine. But
the old posts won't be overwritten by new posts
, they may be recovered, so you can keep playing as usual. Remember to lock your threads if they went into Night before the rollback, and if you have any doubts about how to proceed, contact a listmod or a site admin (green or red username).
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Post by Tierce »

If we missed any sign-ups from players or moderators in the queues due to the rollback, please let the corresponding list moderator know. We are doing our best to recover the missing information as soon as possible, but it would be great if those who already signed up in the missing posts could speak up so we can get things back on track as soon as possible.

The same goes for any private queries through PMs, since those were rolled back as well. If we haven't replied to you, check if the message still exists in your Outbox or Sent folders; if not, it is in the missing section of the database and we have not received it--if you want a quick reply, please contact us again.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:52 am

Post by Kison »

Still have not heard back regarding the missing data. If you're waiting on progress on this front, I suggest resuming your game. I will post back here if and when the data is made available.

Return to “News”