Recent Reports

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Recent Reports

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Thesp »

The admins and moderators have had a "significantly higher than normal" number of reported posts over the last several days, for understandable reasons. We're chalking this up to very raw emotions from traumatic events that the community is still trying to process. Broadly speaking, we're closing the vast majority of reports with no further action other than this reminder here.

Please be cognizant of the other humans on this site. Please recognize that not everyone processes grief and trauma in the same way. Please also recognize that not every way of processing grief or trauma is productive or healthy, and it's not always clear which way is or is not.

Our goal is to come together as a community and come through this stronger and better. If someone continues to have difficulty processing the last few days' events and they still struggle with treating other users with a basic level of respect, we'll take corrective action as needed.

Thanks, and be well.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Thesp »

By way of information, we extended this approach out for about another week, and a number of reports were closed yesterday accordingly. Please do not expect this to be the standard operating procedure going forward. Thanks.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!

Return to “News”