New Micro Listmod: Isis

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

congrats isis.

edit: big pagetop
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by shellyc »

Condolgrats Isis! good luck
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

isissssssssss

congrats!! And thanks Micc!
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by Iconeum »

congrats
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by Isis »

Thank you everyone for the welcomes, especially the backhanded ones.

I noticed someone in the queues curious about tenure, so I thought I'd mention this here: Isis is a reincarnated main account for popsofctown, so for the benefit of anyone surprised about same-year-join-date-listmod (it's not categorically impossible, but it'd be rarer) or any returning oldies looking at global stickies, hey, this is the same individual.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:30 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 29, Isis wrote:Thank you everyone for the welcomes, especially the backhanded ones.

I noticed someone in the queues curious about tenure, so I thought I'd mention this here: Isis is a reincarnated main account for popsofctown, so for the benefit of anyone surprised about same-year-join-date-listmod (it's not categorically impossible, but it'd be rarer) or any returning oldies looking at global stickies, hey, this is the same individual.
i'd need more proof of kittens/cats for this to hold up
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

‘Surely there’s been some kind of mistake?’ Hectic frowned as he contemplated the news.

Zoraster sighed, took a deep puff of his cigar, and erupted into a fit of coughing. Hectic patiently stared at him for five minutes before he regained his composure. ‘I wish it was kiddo, but she was the most qualified candidate. Well, the most qualified candidate that was
left
.’

Hectic had only been in training for twenty years but was already considered one of the three or four most promising junior detectives in his five-person department. It was no surprise that he picked up on Zoraster’s subtle hints.

‘Kiddo you say. Could Zoraster be implying that he’s only kidding and theres.’ Hectic stroked his chin. ‘Maybe there’s more to this than meet the eye.’
‘Listen boyo, I know losing your internal monologue was a blow, but try and keep your suspicions to yourself, you hear me? If there was foul play involved with ISIS securing the position, then it’d run all the way to the top.’

‘I didn’t lose my internal monologue.’ Hectic growled. ‘We both know Flopz stole it last April.’

‘I didn’t mean to imply anything buckaroo.’ Zoraster protested. ‘I certainly wasn’t saying you lost it because you’re the most talent-less hack that’s every walked into my precinct. I’m not implying that you’re terrible at your job, that a dead frog would catch more killers than you would. You definitely aren't the worst sorry excuse for a detective that I've ever seen.'

Hectic frowned. It almost felt like Zoraster was insulting him until he reminded himself that the captain had clarified he wasn’t implying any of that. It was a cunning ploy. Much like the cunning ploy Hopkirk had helped him put together recently to fake losing his internal monologue.

Everyone would assume someone without an internal monologue couldn’t secretly plot against them. They’d be in for a surprise when he broke into their houses at night and slightly rearranged the furniture. He’d seen entire families collapse after he’d done that before. Maybe he should have felt guilty, but he knew in the depths of his heart that they’d deserved it, otherwise he wouldn’t have done it. He was a force of karmic balance in the world, and right now he could tell ISIS deserved everything he was planning to do to her.

Hectic cunningly noticed Zoraster was getting concerned that he hadn’t said anything in the last eight minutes. Fortunately, Zoraster had lit another cigar, so it was more like two or three minutes of staring unaccounted for. Hectic decided to maintain his gaze and his silence for another fifteen minutes to avoid suspicion. Naturally, Zoraster cracked first.

‘They made me do it.’

‘Who made you do it?’ Hectic said.

‘You think Micc’s ‘accident’ was really an accident?’ Zoraster laughed. ‘They’ve been behind it since the very beginning.’

‘Who’s been behind it from the very beginning.’

‘You really don’t know what they’ve got planning do you.’

‘What who’s planning.’ Hectic sighed. ‘Listen, we’ve talked about this Zoraster. You need to actually start answering people’s questions.

‘Fine, I’ll tell you. The real secret behind ISIS becoming the new micro list mod is a very interesting secret. Anyone would love to know it. In fact…’ Zoraster paused and Hectic noticed his skin was turning a worrying shade of green purple that he’d only seen Zoraster do after he fed him bees as a joke that one time.

‘Are you ok?’ Hectic rushed over.

‘They got me sonny.’ Zoraster croaked out. ‘Don’t let them get away with this.’

‘Who?’

‘It was… it…’ Zoraster’s voice trailed off as his eyes glazed shut. Hectic dropped the body and kicked him in the shin a few times to express his frustration with people being needlessly vague. It always made him mad when people didn’t clearly explain how stuff like this made them feel, or did the whole dying without giving away the vital information thing. He spotted Micc lying on the ground in the hallway gasping for breath, but he’d probably do the same thing
Hectic took out his phone and placed a call. His detecting partner picked up on the third ring.

‘Hello?’

‘It’s me.’ Hectic said.

‘Is this about ISIS.’

‘How’d you know?’ Hectic narrowed his eyes.

‘Remember I can’t see your facial expressions over the phone, so if you’re doing anything expressive with your eyes I wouldn’t be able to tell.’

Hectic nodded, that made sense. He waited for Hopkirk to continue, something he’d frequently noticed Hopkirk did sometimes after pausing for breath when he wasn’t being strangled by the real killer.

‘I’ve sent you a few pictures. I’ll pop over later, but of course you’re in a different town, so it might take a little while. I don’t think you need me to tell you what they mean though.

Hectic didn’t. He opened the pictures. There were two virtually identical pictures of a girl with black hair, a red top, and headphones. Two different names above them.

‘Popsofctown and ISIS are the same person.’ Hectic gasped.

‘Yes, and it looks like our friend ISIS made one fatal mistake.’

Hectic checked his phone as it pinged again. Hopkirk had send his screenshots of a post ISIS had made earlier in the day.
‘Publically confessing unprompted?’

‘Exactly.’

‘I can’t believe how many of our cases end up with the lead suspect doing that.’

‘Yeah, it really takes some of the challenge out of the work.’

‘Ok, see you at the agency later.’

Hopkirk hung up without saying goodbye. They’d arranged to always meet at the same place and time to save them a few seconds at the end of calls. The policy caused them a few issues when they were on international missions, but on the whole was reasonably effective.

Hectic knew Hopkirk was thinking the exact same thing he was, the case was going to be a lot tougher than they could publicly admit.

ISIS had leaked the pictures and the information because she knew they’d make people think she and popsofctown were the same person.

That didn’t explain where her twin sister with the large life insurance policy on her had been for the last year. Hectic had a hunch that ISIS was behind that murder as well.

Now all he had to do was prove it.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 29, Isis wrote:Thank you everyone for the welcomes,
especially the backhanded ones

What “backhanded” welcomes?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Menalque »

frankly, this site does not deserve hopkirk
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:28 am

Post by implosion »

I was the end of the era of normal listmods having names starting with n.
Isis marks the now-continuation of the era of of micro listmods with tiny names.
A new dynasty.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Congrats Waswas
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 35, Not_Mafia wrote:Congrats Waswas
:lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 33, Menalque wrote:frankly, this site does not deserve hopkirk
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 32, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 29, Isis wrote:Thank you everyone for the welcomes,
especially the backhanded ones

What “backhanded” welcomes?
"Backhanded" might not be the best word out of my thesaurus, but I meant the condolences. I take them positively.
"Well, I..."
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Kanna »

I love Isis

and thank you to Micc!! you've done brilliantly!
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Kerset »

my condolences
giv me pagetop :(
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:55 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 12, Tayl0r Swift wrote:let it be known that this site endorses terrorist groups.

congrats isis!
I WAS GONNA MAKE THAT JOKE
Congrats isis. Micc, good luck in your other ventures
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:36 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 34, implosion wrote:I was the end of the era of normal listmods having names starting with n.
Isis marks the now-continuation of the era of of micro listmods with tiny names.
A new dynasty.
I'm pretty sure the tradition of the names starting and/or ending with n is still ongoing with normal listmods though.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:43 am

Post by Aristophanes »

nimplosion
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 30, Iconeum wrote:i'd need more proof of kittens/cats for this to hold up
How about we force Isis to host cat-flavored micro game to celebrate this event? Real pops couldn't turn down such opportunity to shine.
giv me pagetop :(
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Ydrasse »

congratulations isis!! <3
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why was your old acc abandoned Isis.
Also idk if i should join the congratulate or condolence group because that depends on whether listmodding is fun or boring.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 45, Ydrasse wrote:congratulations isis!! <3
You’re like my negative clone.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Congrats on modding the best queue!
GeorgeBailey
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Isis »

I abandoned popsofctown primarily because it is ugly letter soup. I won't list the secondary and tertiary reasons that might have been good enough to carry the decision on its own.

Currently popsofctown has 12356 posts which infuriates GeorgeBailey so it's important I never post on it.
"Well, I..."

Return to “News”