"just say 'masturbating', Dad."

alignment:
mafia
faction members:
username, username, username
private topic:
link
win condition:
you win when all the members of any other factions that oppose your own are eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this.

zone of truth:
you can force the truth out of people using the power of magic. each night, you can target one player and learn that player's role; however, that player will be informed that another player has learned their role.
factional kill:
your faction can kill one player each night. your faction will need to choose who uses the kill and who it targets. note that each player may use only one ability each night.
private communication:
before the game begins as well as each night, you will be able to communicate with the other members of your faction in private in your private topic.
vote:
you have a vote which you can use each day.

username
Barry Bluejeans

"Now see, what celebrity does he most resemble?"
"Say John Goodman!"
"Say John Stamos!"
"He looks a lot like Tom Arnold. That's the median of John Goodman and John Stamos."

alignment:
mafia
faction members:
private topic:
link
win condition:
you win when all the members of any other factions that oppose your own are eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this.

kidnapped:
you've been kidnapped by some goblins, which sucks, because otherwise you might be a lot more powerful. you don't have any special powers beyond being able to use your faction's factional kill each night.
factional kill:
your faction can kill one player each night. your faction will need to choose who uses the kill and who it targets. note that each player may use only one ability each night.
private communication:
before the game begins as well as each night, you will be able to communicate with the other members of your faction in private in your private topic.
vote:

username
Johann

"It's hard out there, to find a job as a bard."
"In this economy, you don't get a lot of tips, you get a lot of, y'know, staying in unclean lodging, there's a lot of--there's a lot of syphilis, just, like, a lot of syphilis. Like, a lot, you guys."
"In the contract?"
"Guys, there's, like, a
lot
of syphilis. An unconscionable amount of syphilis."

alignment:
mafia
faction members:
private topic:
link
win condition:

feed the voidfish:
you've composed all sorts of beautiful music that no one will ever listen to, which sucks, because if anyone ever actually got to hear it, they'd probably love it. instead it doesn't actually affect the world in any tangible manner. bummer.
factional kill:
private communication:
vote:

username
Magic Brian

"Oh noooooooo! The mystery is solved! You’ve solved my final riddle, you are ze riddle master... Congratulations... You have proven yourselves... quite the adventurers... oh, I’ve landed on Bryan - Bryan, ahhh... Bryan, I’m so proud of zem... I’m going to die now... My life is flagging from my body... I’ll see my family... goodbye cruel worrrrld..."
"I cast magic missile at him again!"

alignment:
town
private topic:
link
win condition:

spider connection:
you have a special connection with your spider, who is named Spider Bryan. you are able to communicate with ~ each night, who has the role name Spider Bryan. you do not know ~'s alignment.
private communication:
before the game begins as well as each night, you will be able to communicate with the other member of your neighborhood in private in your private topic.
vote:

username
Spider Bryan

"Bryan! Bryan with a Y, no! He was my favorite spider boy."

alignment:
town
private topic:
link
win condition:

spider connection:
you have a special connection with your drow, who is named Magic Brian. you are able to communicate with ~ each night, who has the role name Magic Brian. you do not know ~'s alignment.
private communication:
before the game begins as well as each night, you will be able to communicate with the other member of your neighborhood in private in your private topic.
vote:

username
Magnus Burnsides

"I wanna disable its hands without disabling the whole automaton."
"Okay, you're going to try to rip this thing's arms off, essentially. We'll do a strength contest. This thing is going to resist having its goddamn arms ripped off."

alignment:
town
win condition:

Magnus rushes in:
you're a man of action, so you can't ever not be voting for someone. as soon as you make your first post each day, you must vote for another player; if you do not, you will automatically vote for yourself. if you unvote without voting for a new player, your unvote will be ignored.
vote:

username
Taako

"I guess it's okay, Justin, because in the infinite world of fantasy I'm about to craft for you, maybe tacos don't exist Already. And it's just a nutrition in the traditional sense. The taco is not realized. It doesn't mean anything."
"Oh my god, my whole goal... my goal for this adventure is to invent the taco."
"Roll for salsa!"

alignment:
town
win condition:

unlimited pasta pass:
you have an unlimited pasta pass. if you go to an Olive Garden, you will be able to acquire free pasta as well as soda for your dinner guests. other than that, though, you don't have any abilities at all.
vote:

username
Klarg

"Can I play with your dog?"
"Uhh... Absolutely not. Listen. I love you guys. You're my oldest and dearest friends. You threw my dog in a goddamned fire."

alignment:
town
win condition:

oolong tea:
you have some delicious tea, which you can use to restore the health of others. each night, you can target one player, protecting them from night kill actions.
vote:

username
Yeemick

"May we rest by your fire and partake of some of this delicious looking haunch before we move on to kill Klarg?"
"No. I am going to need you to get this show on the road, as they say. As we say at Harvard."

alignment:
town
win condition:

overthrow your boss:
Klarg is pretty much the worst manager in the world, and you'll do anything to get rid of him. there might be a player whose role is Klarg in that game, and that player might have one or more abilities. if both of those things are true and that player dies, you will inherit any non-factional abilities that player had.
vote:

username
Killian

"Everybody, very slowly, none of you have high fived that thing, have you?"
"You'd have to be a complete idiot to high five it!"
"Did we get a verdict on high fiving it? I feel like we have a thumbs down?"

alignment:
town
win condition:

lost gear:
you had a bunch of cool gear that could do exciting things, but then you got knocked unconscious and all your stuff was taken from you, so you don't have any abilities.
vote:

username
Avi

"I'm really glad you're not from Phandalin."
"Why is that?"
"No reason."
"I've got an uncle in Phandalin. Uh, were you just there?"
"Correction, darling, you
had
an uncle in Phandalin!"
"He was probably away on business, he's probably fine."
"Well, I mean, he wasn't like my favorite uncle or anything.
"Just check with the executor of his will, I mean, just saying."

alignment:
town
win condition:

brandy:
you're one of the first people visitors to the Bureau of Balance meet, and since they're usually really disoriented by it, you keep some brandy with you at all times to give to them. each night, you can target one player, and that player will receive a message that says "you have received some delicious brandy, and now you feel real good!"
vote:

username
Davenport

"Davenport! I'm a Pokemon apparently!"

alignment:
town
win condition:

Davenport? Davenport!:
you're basically the gnome equivalent of a Pokemon, which means that you say your own name all the time. on any day, you may choose to start each of your posts with the letters in the word "Davenport" in order (not including any formatting, but including things like quotes from other players). each letter must be part of an actual word in your post. if you make at least 18 posts that day (meaning that you fully spell out the word "Davenport" at least two times) and successfully start your posts in this way all day, you will receive a 1-shot ability to prevent another player from performing any night actions or being targeted by any other night actions that night, which you must use the night after spelling out "Davenport".
vote:

username
Kurtze

"Wow what a... what an ingrate. What a jerk. Gah, kids these days. Orc kids these days, I tell ya."
"Did you know him?"
"Are you kidding? Now who’s the orcist? 'Yeah, d’you, oh, do you, uh, do you know Steven? He’s an orc too. Hey I know an orc named Steven, do you know him?' That’s what you sound like right now, Taako!"

alignment:
town
win condition:

revenge shot:
a lot of people are, like, super racist against orcs, which sucks, but at least you can kill one of them! at any point during the day, you can write shoot: name, where "name" is the username of a player who is currently voting for you; when the current day ends, you and that player will both die. you can only use this ability once. if your use of this ability would result in no players being left alive at all, your faction will win.
vote:

1. Varsoon
  2. MaxwellPuckett
  3. Backhand
  4. Dunnstral
  5. Albert B. Rampage
  6. Pim
  7. Suzune
  8. SlySly
  9. havingfitz
  10. SirCakez
  11. Creative
  12. Frozen Angel
  13. Alisae
Original Roll String: 1d13 (STATIC)
1 13-Sided Dice: (5) = 5

Original Roll String: 1d12 (STATIC)
1 12-Sided Dice: (9) = 9

Original Roll String: 1d11 (STATIC)
1 11-Sided Dice: (6) = 6

Original Roll String: 1d10 (STATIC)
1 10-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

Original Roll String: 1d9 (STATIC)
1 9-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Original Roll String: 1d8 (STATIC)
1 8-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

Original Roll String: 1d7 (STATIC)
1 7-Sided Dice: (7) = 7

Original Roll String: 1d6 (STATIC)
1 6-Sided Dice: (5) = 5

Original Roll String: 1d5 (STATIC)
1 5-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Original Roll String: 1d4 (STATIC)
1 4-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

Original Roll String: 1d3 (STATIC)
1 3-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

Original Roll String: 1d2 (STATIC)
1 2-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Varsoon will get the role tied to the first die result, then that role will be removed from the list. then MaxwellPuckett will get the role tied to the second die result. this will continue, then at the end Alisae will get whichever role is still there.
Last edited by xyzzy on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 10:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

Varsoon -- Spider Bryan
MaxwellPuckett -- Killian
Backhand -- Taako
Dunnstral -- Magic Brian
Albert B. Rampage -- Barry Bluejeans
Pim -- Magnus Burnsides
Suzune -- Kurtze
SlySly -- Avi
havingfitz -- Johann
SirCakez -- Davenport
Creative -- Yeemick
Frozen Angel -- Klarg
Alisae -- Merle Highchurch
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 am

Post by xyzzy »

role PMs with usernames added and some italics fixed:

Alisae
Merle Highchurch

"I'm probably in the back studying my cantrips."
"just say 'masturbating', Dad."

alignment:
mafia
faction members:
Albert B. Rampage, Alisae, havingfitz
private topic:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=71934
win condition:

zone of truth:
you can force the truth out of people using the power of magic. each night, you can target one player and learn that player's role; however, that player will be informed that another player has learned their role.
factional kill:
private communication:
vote:

Albert B. Rampage
Barry Bluejeans

"Now see, what celebrity does he most resemble?"
"Say John Goodman!"
"Say John Stamos!"
"He looks a lot like Tom Arnold. That's the median of John Goodman and John Stamos."

alignment:
mafia
faction members:
private topic:
win condition:

kidnapped:
you've been kidnapped by some goblins, which sucks, because otherwise you might be a lot more powerful. you don't have any special powers beyond being able to use your faction's factional kill each night.
factional kill:
private communication:
vote:

havingfitz
Johann

"It's hard out there, to find a job as a bard."
"In this economy, you don't get a lot of tips, you get a lot of, y'know, staying in unclean lodging, there's a lot of--there's a lot of syphilis, just, like, a lot of syphilis. Like, a lot, you guys."
"In the contract?"
"Guys, there's, like, a lot of syphilis. An unconscionable amount of syphilis."

alignment:
mafia
faction members:
private topic:
win condition:

feed the voidfish:
you've composed all sorts of beautiful music that no one will ever listen to, which sucks, because if anyone ever actually got to hear it, they'd probably love it. instead it doesn't actually affect the world in any tangible manner. bummer.
factional kill:
private communication:
vote:

Dunnstral
Magic Brian

"Oh noooooooo! The mystery is solved! You’ve solved my final riddle, you are ze riddle master... Congratulations... You have proven yourselves... quite the adventurers... oh, I’ve landed on Bryan - Bryan, ahhh... Bryan, I’m so proud of zem... I’m going to die now... My life is flagging from my body... I’ll see my family... goodbye cruel worrrrld..."
"I cast magic missile at him again!"

alignment:
town
private topic:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=71935
win condition:

spider connection:
you have a special connection with your spider, who is named Spider Bryan. you are able to communicate with Varsoon each night, who has the role name Spider Bryan. you do not know Varsoon's alignment.
private communication:
vote:

Varsoon
Spider Bryan

"Bryan! Bryan with a Y, no! He was my favorite spider boy."

alignment:
town
private topic:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=71935
win condition:

spider connection:
you have a special connection with your drow, who is named Magic Brian. you are able to communicate with Dunnstral each night, who has the role name Magic Brian. you do not know Dunnstral's alignment.
private communication:
vote:

Pim
Magnus Burnsides

"I wanna disable its hands without disabling the whole automaton."
"Okay, you're going to try to rip this thing's arms off, essentially. We'll do a strength contest. This thing is going to resist having its goddamn arms ripped off."

alignment:
town
win condition:

Magnus rushes in:
you're a man of action, so you can't ever not be voting for someone. as soon as you make your first post each day, you must vote for another player; if you do not, you will automatically vote for yourself. if you unvote without voting for a new player, your unvote will be ignored.
vote:

Backhand
Taako

"I guess it's okay, Justin, because in the infinite world of fantasy I'm about to craft for you, maybe tacos don't exist Already. And it's just a nutrition in the traditional sense. The taco is not realized. It doesn't mean anything."
"Oh my god, my whole goal... my goal for this adventure is to invent the taco."
"Roll for salsa!"

alignment:
town
win condition:

unlimited pasta pass:
you have an unlimited pasta pass. if you go to an Olive Garden, you will be able to acquire free pasta as well as soda for your dinner guests. other than that, though, you don't have any abilities at all.
vote:

Frozen Angel
Klarg

"Can I play with your dog?"
"Uhh... Absolutely not. Listen. I love you guys. You're my oldest and dearest friends. You threw my dog in a goddamned fire."

alignment:
town
win condition:

oolong tea:
you have some delicious tea, which you can use to restore the health of others. each night, you can target one player, protecting them from night kill actions.
vote:

Creative
Yeemick

"May we rest by your fire and partake of some of this delicious looking haunch before we move on to kill Klarg?"
"No. I am going to need you to get this show on the road, as they say. As we say at Harvard."

alignment:
town
win condition:

overthrow your boss:
Klarg is pretty much the worst manager in the world, and you'll do anything to get rid of him. there might be a player whose role is Klarg in that game, and that player might have one or more abilities. if both of those things are true and that player dies, you will inherit any non-factional abilities that player had.
vote:

MaxwellPuckett
Killian

"Everybody, very slowly, none of you have high fived that thing, have you?"
"You'd have to be a complete idiot to high five it!"
"Did we get a verdict on high fiving it? I feel like we have a thumbs down?"

alignment:
town
win condition:

lost gear:
you had a bunch of cool gear that could do exciting things, but then you got knocked unconscious and all your stuff was taken from you, so you don't have any abilities.
vote:

SlySly
Avi

"I'm really glad you're not from Phandalin."
"Why is that?"
"No reason."
"I've got an uncle in Phandalin. Uh, were you just there?"
"Correction, darling, you had an uncle in Phandalin!"
"He was probably away on business, he's probably fine."
"Well, I mean, he wasn't like my favorite uncle or anything.
"Just check with the executor of his will, I mean, just saying."

alignment:
town
win condition:

brandy:
you're one of the first people visitors to the Bureau of Balance meet, and since they're usually really disoriented by it, you keep some brandy with you at all times to give to them. each night, you can target one player, and that player will receive a message that says "you have received some delicious brandy, and now you feel real good!"
vote:

SirCakez
Davenport

"Davenport! I'm a Pokemon apparently!"

alignment:
town
win condition:

Davenport? Davenport!:
you're basically the gnome equivalent of a Pokemon, which means that you say your own name all the time. on any day, you may choose to start each of your posts with the letters in the word "Davenport" in order (not including any formatting, but including things like quotes from other players). each letter must be part of an actual word in your post. if you make at least 18 posts that day (meaning that you fully spell out the word "Davenport" at least two times) and successfully start your posts in this way all day, you will receive a 1-shot ability to prevent another player from performing any night actions or being targeted by any other night actions that night, which you must use the night after spelling out "Davenport".
vote:

Suzune
Kurtze

"Wow what a... what an ingrate. What a jerk. Gah, kids these days. Orc kids these days, I tell ya."
"Did you know him?"
"Are you kidding? Now who’s the orcist? 'Yeah, d’you, oh, do you, uh, do you know Steven? He’s an orc too. Hey I know an orc named Steven, do you know him?' That’s what you sound like right now, Taako!"

alignment:
town
win condition:

revenge shot:
a lot of people are, like, super racist against orcs, which sucks, but at least you can kill one of them! at any point during the day, you can write shoot: name, where "name" is the username of a player who is currently voting for you; when the current day ends, you and that player will both die. you can only use this ability once. if your use of this ability would result in no players being left alive at all, your faction will win.
vote:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 am

Post by xyzzy »

Frozen Angel has confirmed
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 am

Post by xyzzy »

Pim has confirmed (2/13)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 11:52 am

Post by xyzzy »

Alisae, havingfitz, Backhand and SirCakez have confirmed (6/13)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Creative and MaxwellPuckett have confirmed (8/13)

Dunnstral and ABR have picked up their PMs but haven't confirmed D:< will PM them tomorrow
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Suzune confirmed (9/13)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Varsoon confirmed (10/13)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:42 am

Post by xyzzy »

Albert B. Rampage and Dunnstral confirmed (12/13)

SlySly has 26 hours to confirm or I'll seek a replacement
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Fantasy Gachapon night 1:

roleblock: tonight, you can target another player, preventing them from using any abilities.
cop: tonight, you can target another player, and you will learn what that player's alignment is.
watcher: tonight, you can target another player, and you will learn who besides you targeted that player.
neighborizer: tonight, you can target another player, and for the rest of the game, the two of you will be able to privately communicate at any time.

Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Frozen Angel, doctor, targets Alisae
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:10 am

Post by xyzzy »

Varsoon, FG neighborizer, targets MaxwellPuckett
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:06 am

Post by xyzzy »

Albert B. Rampage, goon, targets Varsoon
Alisae, rolecop, targets Frozen Angel

---

Frozen Angels receives a PM that says "another player learned your role tonight."
Alisae receives a PM that says "Frozen Angel's role is Klarg; this role has the following ability: "
oolong tea:
you have some delicious tea, which you can use to restore the health of others. each night, you can target one player, protecting them from night kill actions.""
Varsoon dies.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:21 am

Post by xyzzy »

Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (4) = 4
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:16 am

Post by xyzzy »

Frozen Angel, doctor, targeting Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage, FG watcher, targeting gigabyteTroubadour
havingfitz, goon, killing MaxwellPuckett

Albert B. Rampage receives a Pm that says "no one besides you targeted gigabyteTroubadour tonight."
MaxwellPuckett dies.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Post by xyzzy »