MTG MAFIA: VALAKUT PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

VALAKUT, THE MOLTEN PINNACLE

You may chat here at any time.
Current members include:

Skybird
Iconeum
Shining Dreamers (Hydra: Yume & Mastina)
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by mastina »

SO tempted to just lynch Skybird and bank on her having drawn scum again. :P

This game, a mason gambit's probably not so viable. For a start, I suspect that there's probably five PTs (one each color) almost exactly with this kind of composition, essentially effectively randomized even if they weren't actually randomized. In short, I think that basically literally everyone is in a PT, soooooooooooooo. This PT wouldn't be so special. Then there's the fact that I know better than to make the assumption of an all town neighborhood in a Varsoon game.

That having been said.
You lucked out; with Yume driving, she gets to call the shots for how we treat it. I'll be more of an adviser.

Oh and also.
While I intend to act as a bit of an adviser, there's no risk of me smothering Yume by being active in this neighborhood PT so I'm probably going to spam in here.
Sorry.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by mastina »

Welp.
I'm already getting :badvibes: from Cerb. :?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by Skybird »

Hi Mastina. Why is Cerb giving you bad vibes?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Iconeum »

hi all, so glad we have mastina in here ^^
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Post by Skybird »

Hi Iconeum!

Yes, I'm glad to have both Yume and Mastina here. And you too. :)
GTKA Skybird!

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:36 am

Post by Yume »

Hello Eyeball.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3, Skybird wrote:Hi Mastina. Why is Cerb giving you bad vibes?
Same reason you are.

Gut.

I just feel like you and him are informed in a way town is not. Especially with how you are buddy-buddy with me.

Iconeum, it doesn't surprise me to see him act the way he is. But with you two, you sound like you already know that I am town.

There's just a distinct difference between you and Iconeum. I may be able to find better wording later, since explaining why I see you and Cerb one way and Iconeum a different way is important.

Combination of time (you and Verb haven't played with me, Iconeum has), experience (you and Cerb have mixed history with me, Iconeum has reason to be impressed), and the specifics behind the details in the posts; they have different tones.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 am

Post by mastina »

By not played with me, obv I mean recently, at least relative to Iconeum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:46 am

Post by mastina »

And yes.
I do realize that I am essentially calling the scumteam this game as being half the scumteam of SU2. I told Yume that I want to RVS vote for you.
I know all too well I am probably wrong, but it is at least a start.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Yume »

Can't wait for d1 to start. <3
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Skybird »

Mastina, the game hasn't started. I responded to a shout out from Cerb because frankly I was delighted that someone was happy to see me in the game. I'd bet most people didn't even notice I wasn't around for the better part of the last 12 months. *shrugs*
GTKA Skybird!

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Skybird »

Hi Yume! Good to see you.
GTKA Skybird!

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 11, Skybird wrote:Mastina, the game hasn't started.
I haven't read the game thread. Not past my post last night. I wasn't referring to any game content.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3, Micc wrote:This game is gunna be sweeeeeet.
In post 22, Taly wrote:This is absolutely scandalous. :wink:
These posts are an ambivalent entrance. It could come from either town or scum and is hard to lock down which.
In post 6, Reasonably Rational wrote:You didn't smother me when we hydra'd! <3
-Cerb
In post 7, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also, holy shit, I somehow missed Skybird in the signups. Hi Skybird!!! Missed you in the time I've spent not playing Mafia!
-Cerb
These posts instantly gave me the wrong vibes about Cerb. Posts 13 and 14 only further this.
In post 16, baku and munna wrote:Hooooooooi
SLIGHTLY more likely to be town than not.
In post 17, Bronya Zaychik wrote:Hi. I'm shadowing my lovely hydra partner who will be here tomorrow. :)
Almost assuredly town.
In post 18, Skybird wrote:
In post 7, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also, holy shit, I somehow missed Skybird in the signups. Hi Skybird!!! Missed you in the time I've spent not playing Mafia! -Cerb
Hi Cerb! It's good to see you too! Actually, I've taken a break too. One of my grandsons moved in with us at the end of January last year. We have custody of him now. Hubby and I have been busy getting him settled in and taking care of him. :)
Skybird the reason I started scumreading you wasn't for your entrance but you weren't actually wrong to suspect it was; this pings hardcore as being a forced interaction. Whether faked on both ends or just one-sided is admittedly less clear, but it doesn't look like an organic town-town dialog.
In post 19, Skybird wrote:I see other people I recognize too. Hi Mastina, Titus, Yume, Randomidget, Snarkysnowman, Almost50, Beeboy, Drixx! Hello to all those I don't recognize. I look forward to getting to know you. :)
This furthers much the same.
In post 20, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Hey, again people. Just posting from the Hydra to remind you that I (Brass) am going by Tibor, and Gamma will be going by Lumia. We may mess that up a few times.
Somewhere between "slightly more likely to be town" and "almost assuredly town" in strength.
In post 21, Chara wrote:hello everyone! i'm very excited. nice to see you all. <3
Chara, as per the norm, is earning its spot as the guaranteed N1 nightkill for being its usual obvtown self. Strongest townread by far. Stronger even than Iconeum.
In post 24, beeboy wrote:@Mastina you have 8 hours day 1, and 4 hours on all other days to place a vote. There gets to a point in which what you said is just anti town and I am telling you what those points are right now.
>random odds bee drew scum here.

So for page one reads, that'd be:

Chara
Bronya Zaychik
Iconeum (hereabouts)
Tibor and Lumia
baku and munna

bee
Reasonably Rational
Skybird.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by mastina »

Sorry, forgot the ambivalents.

Chara
Bronya Zaychik
Iconeum (hereabouts)
Tibor and Lumia
baku and munna

Taly
Micc

bee
Reasonably Rational
Skybird

This is the list.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 27, OnTheMark wrote:I can already tell this will be hilarious. So glad I /in’d
About an Iconeum level townread here: reasonably certain this is town, but it's not impossible to be scum. Just...incredibly unlikely.
In post 30, Venmar wrote:hey guys, literal god here reporting in, and i'd just like y'all to know that this game will be easy
thanks
Null as can be, but if I had to gun to head read, it'd be town. Above the ambivalents, but only just.
In post 34, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Also, if we are playing already, as per OnTheMark's posts, he can be town. Everyone else is null.
Townread there is increased, but by how much it's hard to say. Positioning might not change, but I do in fact feel better about the townread there regardless.

No sort on Creature yet. This is literally a self-sorting read of self-sorting read. He posts (especially content), he's town; he doesn't, he's scum. This won't take effect immediately, but you only need about one week to tell. He can keep active for a few real-life days as scum but when the actual serious game content comes, push come to shove, he simply can't hide his scumness, so. He's not someone I'm bothering to assign an alignment to at this time and is being explicitly excluded from a readslist until such a time comes where it is appropriate to give a read on him.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by mastina »

As of page three, OnTheMark is probably my second-strongest townread. (Chara's never budging from strongest townread. I'd place conftown below Chara in a readslist. I'm
that
certain it is town.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 83, Reasonably Rational wrote:So, with the claim Mastina made, my first assumption was that it was merely a means by which their slot gained mana, and that they were likely R or R/X, with the possibility that they had a very expensive card to use and thus making sure they got that first mana would make or break their ability to play the card. Since a retraction occurred...I no longer have cause to believe that this unspecified ability is mana generation related, or otherwise related to their color. In any case, I don't think there's any reason for them to claim more about their role at this time, and pushing them further on that subject is almost certainly anti-town at this juncture.
-Cerb
Cerb is a mechanical, defendy player regardless of his alignment, but ironically enough, him posting his thought process behind what he assumed of me was in fact itself anti-town. While you could argue as scum he'd keep the knowledge to the scum PT, this is the kind of slip which I'd more associate with his scumgame--thinking it'd be okay for a town him to share given the retraction and thus that retraction would nullify the speculation being anti-town, more or less.

This is a very, very, very shittily-worded explanation and Cerb (maybe also Drixx) will raise all kinds of hell about it because I can't find the words to properly explain what I mean here and no matter how I try I know he's not going to understand when he reads this postgame what I was talking about seeing here and will assume regardless of his alignment that it could not have been more wrong, but.

Basically. Him sharing this is something that I think he THINKS he'd do as town but were he town he wouldn't
actually
do, if that makes sense. That it's a slip of sorts in his mindset, sharing something he wouldn't be inclined to share because he thinks it's okay to share it. This is also the kind of thing which, if he were called out on, he would be able to write off as a "genuine mistake town would make", and that is
exactly
the kind of error he makes when he is scum. Little things, which add up over time, each on their own not damning because they are something town could do but when shown are something from scum.

ALL THAT HAVING BEEN SAID.

If you think this is a lock-scumread.

You would be wrong.

This isn't even like a 60% sure scumread.
This is like. 55-59%, tops. Something slightly more likely to be scum; something to be on guard for; something I'd be rather weary and cautious about and to be rather leery of...but not something I really have interest in pushing.

Least of all because Reasonably Rational, kinda sorta similarly to Creature, is in their own way a self-sorting player. I mean if I'm nightkilled then obviously I can't push their lynch regardless of right or wrong but I expect to live long enough that if they are scum, I can more nail them down. And if they are town, they will show it to me eventually.

Basically, to put it another way--I DO scumread them...but I am going to give them distance, breathing space, such that I don't push them, since I have a healthy amount of the benefit of the doubt. My benefit of the doubt meter right now is at a solid 90%. I'm not going to so much as consider pushing for a lynch on them unless it drops to like 20%. If they are town, I expect they will end up reversing my scumread; if they are scum, I expect I will live long enough where when it is appropriate to do so I can push for their lynch.

D1 is, regardless of Reasonably Rational's alignment...not the appropriate time to push them.
The earliest I'd consider it would be D3 and even that's probably on the too-soon side. (I do expect to be nightkilled this game, but I also expect it won't be N1 or even N2, so I should see D3, probably even D4.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 85, Reasonably Rational wrote:I wonder who has a pregame ability to utilize in these 24 hours, and what will happen when it comes about? Current guess is scum influence on which plane we'll be in each phase.
-Cerb
This post also rubs me the wrong way, in a similar category of "I'd do this as town" thought which I don't believe is true in spite of him thinking it is.

One of the tools to read Reasonably Rational core to them is motivation.
When reading this post, I don't see the town motive to it, at least not worded in that way. What would a town-Cerb be hoping to accomplish with this? If he answered 'nothing', then why did he post it? He is a player who has a plan. One of the few town players who does. So if he posted something like this--which is an actually important post--and had nothing to gain from it, then why?

If he answered something other than nothing--what possible plan could use this? I can't think of any answer from him I'd actually believe; there doesn't seem to be any town plan I'd associate with this play.

In contrast, I can think of no less than half a dozen different SCUM motivations for posting this.

Admittedly most of them are mutually exclusive with one another, though some of them could potentially work with one another where it was meant to be kinda sorta an 'either or' deal.

Basically.

This is not a fluff post.
I cannot accept an answer that it was meant as one. Not with the actual game content it contains, delivered in this way.
If it's not a fluff post, it was meant as something other than a fluff post.
But I cannot see what that would be as town; I can see any number of different things it could be as scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 100, Maid Cafe wrote:mastina's claim was anti town yes but anti town doesn't=scummy it was purely NAI she would've claimed that as mafia and town to help whatever side she's on gain an advantage the fact this is a topic of debate is silly
~Maki
Okay this is scuMaki, I am pretty sure. This kind of content is just not her towngame.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 129, Maid Cafe wrote:Like I wasn't engaging about Mastina because I care about the Mastina read. I wanted to see how OMW would handle the discussion and I don't really like it?
~B
Okay so like, most of the posts by the slot are bad but this one is just utter bullshit. This is not a genuine town thought process. This is not a genuine town response. This is scum justifying a scummy action they know they did, and trying to dress it up as having been something it self-evidently was not.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 145, Taly wrote:So much meta, game references, and pre-game talk O____o
I don't quite know what to think.
Oddly enough, this sums up my stance on Taly! I don't quite know what to think.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 212, Reasonably Rational wrote:Regarding OTM: I find it weird that they never specified investigative as as problem for mastina, instead focusing on the rhetorically limitations an early fake claim would place upon her, but somehow thought they had mentioned the obvious threat of an investigative catching mastina in a lie. Seems like an unlikely mistake for scum to make(more town poorly expressing their thoughts than scum being inconsistent), but the slot is worth watching.
-Cerb
Something consistent you might note across the board from Cerb: he is on the fence when it comes to actual stances on any players at all.

He isn't taking ANY hard stances. He isn't letting on to reads at all. He's talking, but saying little. He's giving lots of information with rudimentary analysis...but that analysis lack a critical factor--a firm, hard conclusion where he takes a decisive stance.

It'd be one thing for this to be something he has on a few reads. That's normal for him, especially on Reasonably Rational.

But he's doing it for literally EVERYONE.

It is doing nothing while looking like doing something.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by mastina »

Well.
So much for not doing the mason gambit.

:P

(I mostly posted that as a joke tho. I imagine it'll become abundantly clear as the game progresses if as I suspect there's five of these neighborhoods.)

Return to “Completed Game Topics”