BEST FRIENDS PT - (CHARA & REASONABLY RATIONAL)

Forum for old private topics
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

BEST FRIENDS PT - (CHARA & REASONABLY RATIONAL)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

BEST FRIENDS

You may chat here at any time.
This thread will always be a part of the game, no matter what happens.
You may chat in this thread even if you are dead.
Current members include:

Chara
Reasonably Rational (Drixx & Cerberus v666)
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Chara »

hello, Cerb and Drixx. thanks for solving it.

this PT is immune to planar changes. it's about as permanent as it gets. if one of us dies the other can still communicate their thoughts.

i have the exact same type of topic with Purple Heart.
i have a PT from the MtG cycle with Shining Dreamers, too. i got it as part of my power, where i gained a permanent PT with any lynched townie.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Chara »

mastina and Yume's major scumread on Purple Heart was part of the reason for mine. i found mastina's reasoning to be very convincing, with both Alisae's meta and the idea Purple Heart was responsible for the quickhammer on day 1. obviously this was before Almost claimed what he did.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Chara »

i asked mastina for the basics of what she wants me to tell you. waiting on what Yume wants communicated. she doesn't think i'll be alive long enough for her to be able to help, but i disagree.
mastina says: you're town, mastina is obviously conftown, Chara is town, and she wants us all to collaborate. i'm here voice here and can relay communication if that's what you both want. (mechanics, reads, whatever.)
she agrees with my Almost read.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Chara »

my Magic flavour was Sorin Markov. white/black (as you know.)
i had a unique trait when it came to mana. mine isn't lost due to a change of phase.

when i got my Papyrus rolecard, i asked Varsoon a question: if i could gain mana. his answer was that my new card has no means of gaining mana, and there are no mana-related mechanics on day 2.
from day 1, i had one black mana and one white. i didn't cast any spells. (i was planning on banking it)
i gained the white mana from Shining Dreamer's lynch. one white mana whenever a townie is lynched. (and a permanent PT with them.) the one black mana was from being voted by two players at once. the way that works is they have to be two distinct players each day phase. so i could get mana from RR and Purple Heart voting me at the same time, but if it's RR and Almost voting me, i wouldn't gain any more mana until Almost and a different player were also voting for me. i got it when Iconeum and Maid Cafe were both voting me.

my other abilities included a roleblock i could use at night on every player voting me. i was going to orchestrate that at the end of the day while gaining some mana, but i was unfortunately feeling disconnected from the game and then let the quickhammer happen before i could make myself useful.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Chara »

my three spells were:
1. Mortify (1 black, 1 white, 1 N/A), an instant that removed a Creature or Enchantment from the game. (i really wish i'd strongarmed some mana and just used this, but hindsight.)

2. Day of Judgement (2 white, 2 N/A), an instant that removed all Creatures. (no way to use this until night 2 at the earliest, i'd thought)

3. Sorin's Vengeance (3 black, 4 N/A), an instant that would kill a player. the scum faction would get no nightkill on the cycle i'd used it. can't be cast in mylo/lylo.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Chara »

my Undertale role is Papyrus, obviously. the genocide half was a compulsive puzzle i could send every 48 hours. it didn't do anything and was pointless, and players were informed as such. the other was the day ability that changed us to pacifist.
pacifist half: i can send puzzles to any player at any time. if they didn't solve it, they'd be roleblocked. (i believe you were informed of this) if they did solve it, i'd get this PT with them.
if i get to be best friends with every player who's alive, i reveal as IC.

that's all.
the reason for the miller claim day 1 was because i was trying to avoid being nightkilled. i wanted to bide my mana and use the spell i had to kill a scum and stop a nightkill. i was surprised that so many players said i was obvtown for it, and that was part of why i had a difficult time townreading Maid Cafe and Purple Heart, too. both of them know town Chara needs to be pocketed and that mislynching me is an exercise in futility.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Chara »

oh, last thing: this day phase, Bronya put a bunch of us into a hood. members are Maid Cafe, Bronya, Purple Heart, Chara, and Creature.
unlike all of my hoods, Varsoon didn't say it's permanent. when asked, he wouldn't answer. i assume the hood (it's called Grillby's) will be locked once we leave Undertale. it also doesn't say it can be used to talk with dead players.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Chara »

and yes, if you're scum, i just did something really stupid. so please don't be. <3
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Chara »

oh, whoops. the Grillby's PT was Maid Cafe, not Bronya. i got the wrong idea.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Infodump noted. Thank you for that correction, the previous ownership, combined with Bronyas request for a pt with us, would have meant they had a hard scum read on us and wanted to milk us for info, given the choice to put us into a secondary pt, rather than the main one.

I was not informed of the roleblock possibility.

Need to digest everything you've said.
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:12 pm

I'd like mastina'a thoughts on the B&M/A50 thing.
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Also, that pt explains why the thread slowed down so much. Mmm. Are there any consensus' that I should be aware of? Any strong positions that aren't being played out in thread, or gambits, etc? Do the members of that other pt know we have this one? Is there value in pretending I failed, and ended up RB'D?

(All Cerb btw)
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Chara »

sure thing, i've told her that.

thanks for letting me know you weren't informed of the puzzle roleblocking you until solved. i should have checked more properly myself.

take all the time you need, i know it's a lot. i have a lot of PTs so my responses on some things may be slow, but i'm doing my best to make sure everything conveyed is accurate and concise.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 12, Reasonably Rational wrote:Are there any consensus' that I should be aware of? Any strong positions that aren't being played out in thread, or gambits, etc? Do the members of that other pt know we have this one? Is there value in pretending I failed, and ended up RB'D?
no value in pretending you failed, the puzzles are all too easy for that. and Alisae outed my PT with them in the Grillby's PT and how e got it as e's first opportunity. :<

no gambits that i know of. there's a consensus scumread on Gamma. other hot topic is Almost, but the positions in the Grillby's PT are much the same as in the main thread.
the members of it are treating it as a townblock. i'm less sure.

nobody but you knows about the PT with Shining Dreamers.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Chara »

you can assume everyone in the Grillby's PT knows about my puzzles. couldn't do anything about it. they don't know anything beyond that they create PTs, as per what Alisae claimed. e said it was because the hood was full of townreads.

beeboy fullclaimed to me in our best friends hood. he's responsible for the creation of Grillby's. i have absolutely no idea why he used a PT that checks for actions on a bunch of his townreads. (you were targeted too, but as you acted last night you were not brought into the PT) well, no, i do. i guess it's for a townblock. i think it could have been used better, but who am i to judge suboptimal role use? i suck. the ability that created Grillby's could target 5 players total, not including the user of it.
so, everyone in that grouping is confirmed to have not acted last night.

Maid Cafe's "guilty" is that their role is essentially a CC of Gamma's claimed role, the way he explained it.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:25 pm

K. Do you want to IC, and do the others know about the IC effect? In addition, can you send a puzzle to everyone simultaneously?
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Chara »

nobody knows about the IC effect besides mastina and Yuma.
i was considering it. i don't know if i need to, but i think it'd be good to do that. scum killing me is no loss, i'd still have an unstoppable PT network. just no vote.

and no, i can't. i can only send a new puzzle once the one i sent out is solved. that's part of why i was insistent about you solving it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by Chara »

just a recap:
- ghost PT with Shining Dreamers
- Grillby's with the group of players who didn't act last night and were targeted by Maid Cafe (Maid Cafe, Chara, Purple Heart, Bronya, Creature)
- best friend PTs (Purple Heart, RR, Maid Cafe)

should have one with Bronya in a few minutes. Almost is next.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Hmm.

Alright. Gotta (try to) talk to Drixx.
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Chara »

best of luck! i assume you're not going to fully trust me until i either die or reveal IC, so i'm going to try to do that.

and i really do apologize for all of my misplays so far. i play with emotion instead of logic far too much, i think. trying to improve.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Chara »

mastina says baku and munna are nearly lockscum. she's allowed a few percentages for a world where they aren't.
Almost is at the other end of the scale. she's confident he's town.

she says this is based on how he handled the claim, and the results of the night. (Mark dying, etc.)
and she said that what i said about Almost in the thread for why he's town are exactly her thoughts.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:07 pm

Ugh. Thats not a good response. Mechanically, the best lynch is A50, because the reasons to suspect B&M are based on the action A50 is claiming responsibility for.
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Chara »

mastina says her reads aren't mechanical, and that baku and munna are scum (her terminology was more colourful) by play, not mechanics.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:36 am

Oh, and SD PT. Perhaps I should claim it on your behalf, so they can interact with the game without putting you at risk?

What's everyone's thoughts on why mark died, if not because of them having confirmation of who cast that artifact to end the day?

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Game Topics”