jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

The Masonic Lodge

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:13 am

Post by jjh927 »

Here is the place where Aronis and mutantdevle convene in their capacity as members of the society of freemasons to discuss whatever the hell they want.

Only at night though.
Last edited by jjh927 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:45 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Hello there human that I have been yet to interact with, how goes you?

Getting someone I'm unfamiliar with as a Mason is super helpful for me because I'm bad at reading people I'm unfamiliar with (I'm bad at reading people period). But I also tend to look scummier to people unfamiliar with me also.

How familiar are you with the player list?

This is my personal familiarity with everyone:

FIGHTING DREAMERS
(
the worst
/
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
hydra)
NicoRobin

Firebringer

Iconeum

Hebichan

ArcAngel9

Edosurist

Myloninja13

Wraith

Blind Bandits (Nosferatu / Purrcocet hydra)

Aronis

Ruby Red

Tazaro

Not Known 15

Ausuka

Whemestar

Invisibility
I mostly just lurk now.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Aronis »

I'm pretty unfamiliar with most of the player list tbh. I only play mafia on rare occasions. I know who some of the people are, but I don't know much about anyone's mafia playstyle.

If I see a good opportunity I might try to subtly crumb our partnership? It's probably best if we have something in place in case one of us dies unexpectedly.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:24 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Yeah, that's a good call. For my crumb, I'll likely hide something specifically stating that we are masons in one of my posts during day 1 and then tell you how the message tells people we're masons the next night. That way, if I die, you can just quote the thread post and tell people how I'm crumbing we're masons.

Since we don't have day chat, I give you full permission to claim I am your mason partner if you ever need to. Personally, I don't plan to claim us as masons unless it puts the town in a much needed stronger position or if I am put to L-1. If put to L-1, I will claim to be a mason without claiming you as my partner unless the town is convinced of my claim and hence wants the name of my partner.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 am

Post by mutantdevle »

As this PT is named "
The
Masonic Lodge", I'm currently assuming we are the only masons.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 am

Post by mutantdevle »

From my understanding of the rules, votes during election day are anonymous.

@Mod, please confirm if my above statement is correct <3

Assuming it is, we should almost always be voting for each other since we'd know we are voting someone who is town to either decide the lynch or decide who decides the lynch.

That said, should we both be running for election? That way, we maximise the number of townies who could decide the lynch.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:43 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"You will do so secretly"

Okay the question I just asked the mod is redundant.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:49 am

Post by mutantdevle »

@mod, a postal vote essentially acts as a sneaky second vote that you can potentially be punished for, correct?

If so, I think it's probably best we both avoid postal votes if we are both standing as candidates.

Another point for us both running as candidates is that we get PTs with whoever joins our campaign. This means that, at the end of each night, we can share any information given to us by the people in our PT to have a solid collection of people's more private reads and thoughts on the game. Obviously, we won't reveal to our party members that this is what is going on.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:57 am

Post by mutantdevle »

With both of us running that also means that coalitions are less of a problem. Either because, from our perspective, there's definitely more town influence in them OR we ARE the coalition :3

I mean, I'm not sure if you like the idea of both of us running for president. But I really do. The only real drawback I can see is that it perhaps increases the chance we are killed hence wasting our mason potential. But as long as we don't come across as too much of a threat to the mafia, we should be fine. For example, we could pin our lynch decision of a specific person advising us so it looks like they are the threat.

Personally, I'm going to run a campaign of 'fun' so that I'm not taken too seriously.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Another thing to note: there's probably a vig in the game. The mod has been pluralising night kill
s
too much for the only night kill to just be the mafia's night kill.
I mostly just lurk now.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Aronis »

I'm down to try to run for president. That being said, I don't have high hopes I get a ton of support. My scum hunting is nothing special
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:37 am

Post by mutantdevle »

My scum hunting is below average. However, being elected isn't about reads. Being elected is about looking town. Your party members and the rest of the thread can advise you on who to kill.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 am

Post by mutantdevle »

@Mod, is the crier ability also anonymous or do people always know who it came from?
I mostly just lurk now.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Aronis »

Yeah but me being townread isn't always guaranteed. And I have to make sure I remove any thoughts that I'll do something troll-ish with the power. I'll work on being a good presidential candidate tho
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 7, mutantdevle wrote:
@mod, a postal vote essentially acts as a sneaky second vote that you can potentially be punished for, correct?
It can do. You can postal vote and then not vote on election day and that's totally fine. It's only when you vote both postally and in person that you get in trouble.

In post 12, mutantdevle wrote:
@Mod, is the crier ability also anonymous or do people always know who it came from?
Yes it's anonymous.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Cool. So I guess the last thing we probably need to discuss is
when
we start our candidacy. I think it would look kinda odd if we both did it at the same time. Then there's the question of if we are to do the theatre of having us join a party first and then switch to making our own party to disguise our intention of always wanting to lead a party (which we can only do on the first day).
I mostly just lurk now.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Aronis »

I was thinking maybe just do it as soon as the game starts? If you want me to wait a few days before making mine I'm cool with that too though
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:53 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Yeah I’m down for that
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:41 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Our plan is totally working here :lol:

To be fair though, I don't think you making a party would have helped at all. Your play definitely rubs a few people the wrong way.

As for my party, I think more people townread me now, and with duckie seeming to have had a controversial term, I get the feeling I might start seeing some people willing to join me. Especially once I start properly campaigning.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In 145 WhemeStar wrote:
"Mutant ill join your party if you endorse me for pres.

I think your town and I want to make a party that is a pure
masonry
"
I think Wheme might be a role cop. He was quick to town read me for seemingly no reason and that would certainly explain it. Based on this, I'm fairly certain Wheme is town because scum wouldn't crumb that to me.

Other quotes of his that make me think he is a role cop:

"Okay i have a 100% read on ircher so i can find out if hes town or scum later on"

"Mutant endorse me and I’ll join ur party"

To me on rejecting the above offer:
"Sigh way to be anti town you townie"

"Im claming masons with mylo" - Fake claim, but the idea of masonry is in his head.

"
In post 250, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 249, WhemeStar wrote:
Im claming masons with mylo

Is this a joke?

Because I don't see why you'd randomly claim that...

In post 249, WhemeStar wrote:Im claming masons with myloIs this a joke? Because I don't see why you'd randomly claim that...

SO YOU GUYS JOIN MY ALL TOWN PARTY"

"Mutant please disband your party and jion mine your obvious town."

It wasn't until I said this to him:
"
Yeah, I get it. Now shut up and go away.
I'm sticking to my party. If nothing else, I need the PT to document my thoughts and I'm using it to work stuff out about the districts."
That he finally stopped these sorts of posts. Aka, he finally understood that I understand the crumb.

I really hope I'm right about this or this will look stupid post game :P (stop judging me mod).
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am

Post by mutantdevle »

My crumbs to prove yourself as my mason partner:

(weak):
In 150, mutantdevle wrote:
"
In post 145, WhemeStar wrote:
Mutant ill join your party if you endorse me for pres.

I think your town and I want to make a party that is a pure masonry.

Sure, you can be temporary president for days 90 to 96. Then on day 97 you gotta endorse me back. Sound good?"
In Wheme's post, the characters 90 to 96 (without spaces) is the word masonry. The 97th character is the full stop (period).

(strong):
In 969, mutantdevle wrote:
"
In post 966, Aronis wrote:
because I'm pretty obvious town

No

In post 968, ofrhz wrote:
In post 966, Aronis wrote:
In post 963, the worst wrote:
do you think you are?

I'd say no, because I'm pretty obvious town, but you're also pretty terrible at reading people, so I might say yes cause of that

I kinda want to TR aronis based on the reasoning of "too much of a dick to be scum"

Sam
e. They're not obvious town but I don't think their successive wild tinfoil comes from town. e"

In 970, mutantdevle wrote:
"EBWOP: comes from scum*

and ignore the e."

These posts are about you. The bolded spells "mason" backwards. "ignore the e" in the next post means remove the e on the word same so it's mason and not emason. The extra e on the end of the first message is an intentional mistake (comes from town/scum is not).
I mostly just lurk now.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Aronis »

You're my hero. I'm just gonna let you carry me to the win.

I kind of bailed on the party idea after so many people ran D1. It just didn't really seem like I'd gain much traction at that point. Good job picking up on Whemes stuff. I wasn't paying close enough attention to catch onto that
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:38 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Also, I low key think there's a good chance that Ruby Red and FD aka the worst are both scum.

As scum, I would have conjured the same plan as I did with you here. I would always have made my own party and I would have told my teammates to do so also. I feel like others would have the same tactic to increase scum's influence over the lynch. Scum controlling the lynch either allows them to direct it away from scum or get town cred for lynching a partner. FD and Ruby both strike me as players that would accept such an idea.

Think about it, what are the chances scum decided not to run for election at all? I'm town. Wheme is probably town given the evidence he is a role cop. Not Known seems town to me given his attempt to restrict how we vote. In my mind, at least 1, if not both, of Ruby and FD are scum OR scum have legit decided not to run for election.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:42 am

Post by mutantdevle »

What's your opinion on Edosurist flipping town?

Edosurist!town probably means they didn't lie about not voting. This means we now have 2 unaccounted for votes.

Do you think we should still be lynching in that original pool of Hebichan, Taz and myloninja?
I mostly just lurk now.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Aronis »

I still think Edo was an alright kill. The worst was very hesitant about the kill. He went through with it but was saying he thought it could flip town and then it did. To me that's a bit fishy like he's trying to garner towncred while killing town as opposed to making a good lynch and sticking with it. I could definitely buy him being scum. I felt like Ruby Red was probably town, but maybe I should re-investigate that

I feel like all unaccounted for votes are probably town votes and coming from Town PRs. Firstly, the mafia control the districts giving them control over the votes already. Then the electoral commission gives them another tool to go after these extra votes. The mafia having much more would be OP amounts of control over the town lynch. I wouldn't pursue these unaccounted for votes, because that's going to get them vanillaized by the mafia. My guess is we have a double voter and somebody who can ignore district lines and vote wherever they want. That's just my speculation though.

I don't particularly like that pool, no. I'd change it up to some others, not 100% sure who yet tho.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”