Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Dunnstral - Akarin PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Dunnstral - Akarin

Last edited by FakeGod on Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

If it were Pooky and Hectic together, I think they'd be in a better position if Pooky made it through instead of Hectic, but i'm not sure if they would see things the same or be able to go for that/maybe they thought bell had a chance of being out
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Well, actually I think MariaR is town now, so it becomes a question of what The Bulge is
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Akarin »

I mean I think Pooky pretty much gave up at the very end there, he didn't have to argue with my stupid almost-townread right as you were going on him for playing it up too much. And that's consistent with multiple scum being in the final few Gentlemen.

I'm content to sheep you on Maria basically all game.

I'll post a bunch more stuff here as I catch up with what's new in the game, but please let me know if I'm posting too much, or you want to talk about anything in particular. I'll try to be a lot less cagey in here.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Akarin »

Lol at Oka worrying about doing pre-flip associations after how he picked his scumteam guess.

FB listing me as the only "True Null" in that list makes me feel kind of special in a dumb way.

Crazy how much some people have apparently gotten up to in their PTs already.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Akarin »

Oka's reasoning about doing another flip first makes no sense, not like anyone's going to trust DGB or Drew's reads particularly much on some other flip, and that flip would be made with less information.

But I don't think it's worth arguing with him about it, it'll just spiral and no one is actually listening to him anyway.

I'm townreading Oka at this point btw.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Akarin »

DGB feels like she's given up on caring.

Which, given how inevitable this execution feels, makes me want to just get it over with. If one of them is town we're not going to get anything useful out of them. And I kind of doubt they're S-S actually, but it doesn't matter.

More and more I'm feeling like it's scum!DGB and town!Drew though.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Akarin »

Yeah, at a quick glance, DGB seems to put significantly more effort in as both town
and
scum. And Drew is lurking. The two of them have just given up.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Akarin »

Tempted to get on Deleuze because he keeps calling his wagon a memewagon. But I mean that seriously, like it bugs me how dismissive he's being of it.

Not going to right now, I want to see who actually makes the can't-let-them-go-to-endgame argument first.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm not sure about deleuze
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Also I don't see it yet but are we really not getting dgb right now
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Akarin »

Well DGB is at least getting that counterwagon she wanted.

Despite picking on Deleuze about it, I really don't think it's such a strong thing that people should be all over it this much right now, I'd rather kill DGB/DD and then have more of the day to figure out the next pair, although having some actual debate is healthy I guess.

I'm interested to see
how long
Drew keeps lurking and what he reenters with.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Akarin »

But, like, if it goes 3 days we really need to just push a wagon to completion ASAP at that point, we can't let this stall out all phase.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Akarin »

To be fair to FB, I had suggested that scum were trying to pair with the IC yesterday when someone asked me if I was scum and I made some joke about "Yeah, but you guys need to tone down the pair-with-the-IC-plan we talked about, it's getting too obvious." Or something like that, too lazy to look it up right now.

FB may or may not have got that concept from when I said that, not sure, but it may be worth considering later.

This is exactly the kind of thing I don't want to say in public right now though.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Akarin »

Like let FB respond how he will without me suggesting that, I think that's almost always better in these situations.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 13, Akarin wrote:To be fair to FB, I had suggested that scum were trying to pair with the IC yesterday when someone asked me if I was scum and I made some joke about "Yeah, but you guys need to tone down the pair-with-the-IC-plan we talked about, it's getting too obvious." Or something like that, too lazy to look it up right now.

FB may or may not have got that concept from when I said that, not sure, but it may be worth considering later.

This is exactly the kind of thing I don't want to say in public right now though.
ok

I also don't know if there are some games I missed where this was a big thing
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

It would be a shame to leave this neglected, What do you think of the pairs Deleuz-Ydrasse and Hectic-Shellyc?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Akarin »

Okay, having not read whatever was posted after I went to bed last night, my top-of-the-head reads are

Shelly towny
Hectic - null and someone I'm inclined to be paranoid of
Ydrasse - null and need to see more from because I don't think anything has made a strong impression on me at all
Deleuze - conflicted. I think the Menalque guess is correct btw. His jumping in when I was sort of pushing DGB and trying to get her to contribute pinged me a bit, but it's also likely a personality thing and I haven't been able to convince myself it means anything. I don't think Isis is
totally
nuts about her point about how likely someone would be to confuse me and Isis when one is the IC and one is an unconfirmed player you're trying to sort, but at the time I guess our avatars were kind of similar in some weird way.
I guess I'd say I scumlean Deleuze, don't really want to vote there now, but wouldn't be the worst thing and don't really want him to make it to endgame right now.

The suggestion about trying to vote the pair with no towny players rather than the single most scummy player and one towny player makes a lot of sense to me as an early voting strategy.

I didn't like DGB's responses to me yesterday, particularly how she took the time to put effort in but kept dancing away from me trying to talk about you RE: "gaslighting."

On the other hand, I suspect DGB is the kind of person I'm inclined to personality clash with.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Dunnstral »

For me:

Shelly towny
Hectic - Can see them being town or scum
Ydrasse - I am inclined to townread them
Deleuze - I am inclined to townread them too but there is room for doubt in this read
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Akarin »

Actually Hectic's post 1939 is a pretty good case for town!Ydrasse IMO.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Akarin »

Yeah I don't like Hectic's argument for not-scum-with-Pooky. It's both wrong, and charismatically pushing a wrong argument that's very self-serving and didn't really need to be made at that point anyway.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Akarin »

I wasn't as sold as a lot of people on Taylor before, but this last string of posts really speaks to me.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Akarin »

Actually, how many people
were
hard townreading Taylor? Is that a widespread opinion, or does it just seem that way and she's onto something wrt that being a narrative being pushed?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Akarin »

Opinions on Taylor

DrippingGoofball
: Town by inference but no direct mention:
Spoiler: DGB's only Taylor read
In post 1646, DrippingGoofball wrote:Usually when a player flips scum, we just move on. Tayl0r was proud to have outmaneuvered Pooky, she expressed that, but even that kind of reaction is rare. The flip happens and usually the reaction, when there is one, is to be invigorated and rush to find associatives.

deleuzional
: Pushes the obvtown Taylor narrative hard

Hectic
: Says can't read Taylor, wants Taylor to prove town before willing to dance with her. Eases into thinking Taylor is towny, then probably town, then "reasonably good about her being town" then Taylor and Shelly are both probably town but Taylor is townier, then probtown for killing Pooky. Then "Too confident for my tastes but "it's Taylor so this is NAI"

MariaR
: Wanted to dance, nothing else.

Dunnstral
: Not townreading like the rest.

Bell
: Can't read Taylor., Asks to dance on logic that they can read each other in PT, Good opportunity to understand her better so he doesn't keep mis-scumreading her
Spoiler: Currently
In post 1481, Bell wrote:
In post 1473, MariaR wrote:
In post 1467, Bell wrote:
In post 1464, MariaR wrote:Bell do you think your partner would've taken there scum buddy over you or do you think it was a big brain play from Swift and Pooky?
The first thing Taylor did in our PT was dismantle that big brain play in a natural way.
Noted. So you have your own partner as strong villa rn?
Rn LT, she’s buddying me well if scum
Tbh. We agreed to just play like we’re town and work together and so far, it seems good.
I really need to unplug for the day though.

beeboy
: Only mention of Taylor at all was that she wasn't around at a particular time.

OkaPoka
:Shades Shelly & Taylor because of the "let's coordinate" and then they were both quiet for a while, Taylor killing Pooky is only potentially good because maybe they were buddies or final 2 were both scum.

Pooky
: When asked to dance, asks Taylor to soulpocket him. "the easiest way to read Taylor is to vote her and if she throws a refrigerator at your head she's probly town". Nothing else.

Isis
: Taylor is too towny for Pooky, Deleuze's Taylor townread is accurate.

Akarin
: No reads given in thread

The Bulge

Ydrasse

shellyc
: "taylor is blunt town!taylor I think? enough chill clowning but also some proactivity which townpings like 317", "town by virtue of bluntness and feels more lighthearted while as scum taylor'd be more uptight/efforty",Trusts Taylor, Shelly & hectic both TRing her hard, "me and hectic kinda arranged a townblock of {shellyc, Hectic, Isis, Taylor, Bell, Ydrasse}", taylor-pooky being s/s is really far-fetched

Firebringer
: "taylor ngl i think ur scum here.",still leans scum on her 600 posts/8 hours later because Taylor's interactions with FB have been "very sus"

Doctor Drew
— No mentions in ISO whatsoever
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Akarin »

I spent
way
too much time on that, but I sometimes find these kind of things useful to come back to later even if the reason I was looking at them ends up not mattering. Let me know if that's too spammy though.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”