PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Dance PT: Mathblade - Dwlee99

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Hi math :D
I prefer they, thanks :)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Hi Dwlee.

Have you played a dance game before?

Going to try to teach you something complicated if everyone agrees you’re town. It’s something I try to keep in my head and with smaller dances I can usually keep track of things in my head but this one I will have to write out so if people townread you I don’t mind sharing but if you’re scum then it’s stupid as then you just have buddies change their answers.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I have not played a dance game before! Down to learn something new and no I'm not scum
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Well I will teach you the basic concept.

The general idea of a dance game is two fold. First is the pairing phase and second is the elimination phase.

The first phase has a player be eliminated who is generally inactive or not jelling well and one or two Bomb suspects come out of it. Those people become the focus the next day. It’s not as broad as a traditional mafia game and more focused. If the pairing is decided TvT or don’t blow up you generally go push someone on that wagon until elim or more likely a Townie is so sure their hood partner is scum they blow up.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=87781

This is the sample of the game I did really well in.

The basic idea is based off who people are willing to elim you can find who scum don’t want to elim. Because scum don’t have a nightkill the names at the consolidation point are more likely to be scum. Talk to those people at the top of the list and find the scum.

The trick is I don’t want to share the nuts and bolts of how to interpret this unless I am reasonably sure your town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

So step 1.) Find the scum step 2.) Kill the scum
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yes but more complex. We can use scum’s reads against them as they don’t know how the computations work. Most scum don’t put thought into the entire chain of reads.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?p=13055719#p13055719

You’re looking for a read list similar to what Lavender did. They’ll be focused on getting town elims versus scum ones.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

And pushes should match accordingly.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So going to let the thread settle and see who does as I ask and who doesn’t. From there we may be able to do something.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Alright, I'll let you handle whatever computational stuff you're gonna do. Should I give a list too or nah?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 11, Dwlee99 wrote:Alright, I'll let you handle whatever computational stuff you're gonna do. Should I give a list too or nah?
I would like it if you did. Because a majority of people won’t if this rapid fire keeps up and we can synergize. I think MT is scum because MT isn’t defending Fire. Fire or SS seems like an abandonment and maybe a push for cred. Extremely unsure on the latter but this is building too fast for a dance game so either scum are defeated or it’s a bus.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am going to be here off and on but I agree with the FB/SS elim but I don’t want a quick hammer and want everyone to respond so we can use it for sorting.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Thanks Dwlee. Maybe more people will do it now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Hopefully they will yea

I understand MT has kinda fallen off but one thing I learned from not saving Darby is that people's alignments don't change once the game has started

And maybe I saved the wrong person who fell off and MT is scum here but also I don't want to kill someone just because the last few days they've been busier like I did with darby (which is how fast this game has been going)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

This game feels fast and slow at the same time. Maybe because I feel I actually can do something here I can start gathering reads and it doesn’t feel so cliquey?

I find that people’s alignments can change but first impressions can be wrong, it’s one reason I hate RVS and usually replace in a lot. None of the memeing crap that’s hard to read.

Secondly stop guilting yourself. If MT is scum you didn’t “save the wrong person”. You did what you thought was right at that time. It’s not the wrong person if you’re town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I have had pretty busy days myself and just am glad to have survived to something I am halfway decent at.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Well I was already kinda fiveheading now that I know Darby is town just because toog is still an unknown. But if toog is town then maybe on seeing that flip I'd feel the same way about saving Darby lol
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

First impressions can be wrong but fall off =/= scum
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 18, Dwlee99 wrote:Well I was already kinda fiveheading now that I know Darby is town just because toog is still an unknown. But if toog is town then maybe on seeing that flip I'd feel the same way about saving Darby lol
I don’t follow. What’s five heading?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

"Fore"head that is big is a "five"head. At some point my friends and I started saying fivehead when we did something unintelligent as an ironic thing. Like fivehead implies big head implies intelligent, but when you say fivehead you're saying you're intelligent ironically cause you actually did something unintelligent. So fiveheading ends up being like a replacement for facepalming in my usage
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 21, Dwlee99 wrote:"Fore"head that is big is a "five"head. At some point my friends and I started saying fivehead when we did something unintelligent as an ironic thing. Like fivehead implies big head implies intelligent, but when you say fivehead you're saying you're intelligent ironically cause you actually did something unintelligent. So fiveheading ends up being like a replacement for facepalming in my usage
Thanks! I am super slow on the social joke radar much appreciated, but I think you’d be much better if you quit putting yourself down.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I don't think that's you being slow, it's niche down to my specific friend group. So uh same goes to you on not putting yourself down
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Who’s Darby and why do you know their town? I keep staring at that and couldn’t remember them and the player list doesn’t have them.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Game Topics”