Survivor Mafiascum Rankdown (Properly Dead. Leave it dead)

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 74, DeathNote wrote:Lol Bernie just a stepping stone for Hillary
Stop this topical political commentary
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Drench »

Ooh, no, I'm gonna keep holding off, because there's still some cuts to do.

Myrtle
, who was me in Season Finale, flaked quick and hard and what a fucking waste of a terrific character. Bye.
join your union
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:16 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Going to go with
Kai Leng aka borkjerfkin from Mass Effect
. Huzzah for more early quits!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Crazy »

Kai Leng was the one true victim of driving the ship forward.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:01 am

Post by xofelf »

I'm cutting
Iqbal aka orcinus_theoriginal from Survivor Greece
. Cergio 1.0 got "lucky" and had two inactives. Iqbal at least logged in. But he didn't participate in any meaningful way outside of watching our tribe do a challenge and not weighing in. More frustrating than he was influential.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:49 am

460. Thomas: Season Finale - 5th Place

Image -
"Or I might try to make a move. Next round. I’m sure I could gather Carmen, Nappa and Yzma to vote for Jesse. That’d be a move and everyone likes it when you make a move, that’s always nice to say at the FTC ‘hey, I made that big move!’ "

Time for the first (sort of) controversial cut. I think there's one thing worse than inactive players from a spectator or mod's point of view: players who recognize that they can't win against the people they're currently going to the end with and do nothing about it. Inactives are usually voted out early, but these guys make it deep into the game and make it dreadful to even continue following. Season Finale obviously had numerous design flaws that led to things being as boring as they were (such as no swaps, only two people voting at final 10, and only one person voting at final 4) but there was still the ever-important final 7 and final 5 votes. After all, in seasons with a final two such as Season Finale, the final 5 is the last time the people who won't end up in FTC outnumber the people who will. In the quote above, Thomas was talking about flipping at the final 6, but then he... didn't. And then he quit at the Final 5, robbing us of literally the only entertaining part of a post-merge pagong: when the majority has to cannibalize itself. Obviously, real life is more important than the game, and I respect TBO's decision to step out, but that doesn't mean it didn't ruin the only chance the season had to be fun.

Even Nappa was fun because of how delusional he was. Other people eventually tried to make a last-ditch effort to save themselves. But I can't say any positive things about Thomas's presence in Season Finale.

"We've already been quite a while in our original tribes, so the game will inevitably become boys against girls."
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

459. Link - Hyrule

"But Agitha you are such a wonderful princess"

Link's strategic presence didn't bring anything especially new or different to the game. Like many other generally low-on-the-totem-pole players in the game, he picked a tribe and then was voted out of it due to failure to make connections. However, what brings him from a neutral character to a negative one was his strange, creepy flirting with Agitha in public, which she was clearly not interested in, and related reasons for doing so. Obviously, the passing of a loved one is sad, but it is something that didn't really have a place where it was discussed. You don't really tell people you haven't even met about that sort of thing.

Overall, it was weird and uncomfortable.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by MattP »

Can you just cut mine already so I don't have to keep waiting

Give me the juicy deets
SlappyKrust
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

i don't know anything about Destiny or Seafoam islands, but at the moment my guess is Eon will survive the longest before being cut.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Crazy »

458. Whomp - Mushroom Kingdom (gandalf5166)

"Hi, I'm Whomp, and I just want to mention that this is by far the most retarded competition I've ever been in."

Probably my last Mushroom Kingdom cut for now, but as Drench said, that game had far too many players, and a good portion of them didn't bring a whole lot to the table. Whomp was a guy who intentionally voted himself into an Arena Challenge in order to challenge Cheep Cheep. Whomp didn't like the endurance-esque challenge and gave up, then posted the above quote in the public MS thread, revealing his identity.
Last edited by Crazy on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I actually see Bahamas staying fully intact for a decent amount of time. Nobody can forget Bananakai!
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 84, Crazy wrote:
458. Whomp - Mushroom Kingdom

"Hi, I'm Whomp, and I just want to mention that this is by far the most retarded competition I've ever been in."

Probably my last Mushroom Kingdom cut for now, but as Drench said, that game had far too many players, and a good portion of them didn't bring a whole lot to the table. Whomp was a guy who intentionally voted himself into an Arena Challenge in order to challenge Cheep Cheep. Whomp didn't like the endurance-esque challenge and gave up, then posted the above quote in the public MS thread, revealing his identity.
ahahaha i literally just messaged xof and suggested she cut whomp
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 83, Cheery Dog wrote:i don't know anything about Destiny or Seafoam islands, but at the moment my guess is Eon will survive the longest before being cut.
I'm going to be cutting Kairi before too long.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:25 pm

In post 87, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 83, Cheery Dog wrote:i don't know anything about Destiny or Seafoam islands, but at the moment my guess is Eon will survive the longest before being cut.
Booo @ spoilers for future cuts

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 88, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
Booo @ spoilers for future cuts
I mean inactive.

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 85, D3f3nd3r wrote:I actually see Bahamas staying fully intact for a decent amount of time. Nobody can forget Bananakai!
Considering this only covers anon Survivors, I also don't expect to see a Bahamas cut for quite some time. :P

457. Riddler (kdowns) - Arkham City Survivor

"It feels oh so good to be in a survivor game again. I am really glad that I finally have the availability to commit to this game."
- Riddler

That quote is from the first of three posts in Riddler's confessional. Ridder's internet died shortly after this. This led to inactivity, disinterest, and eventually elimination. Riddler survived longer than Ozy and Clock King, but both of them have somewhat interesting stories.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Really enjoying all these people cut from mushroom kingdom before hammer bro. Keep up the good work, this is 5+ years outdated vindication I never got

@d3f it's anon games, Bahamas won't be here
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Well if you're going to respond like that, then I'll change what I'm trying to predict.

BotB will be the next game to lose it's first member.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Drench »

rest in pieces tbh

456. Vermin Supreme (Aeronaut) - #2016

"It feels oh so good to be in a survivor game again. I am really glad that I finally have the availability to commit to this game."
- Riddler

to be honest, like, dude came 13th, but still, he did literally nothing all game, and that kinda offends me more than just being booted as an inactive. because he WAS an inactive yet still coasted. like. no. sry aeronaut i love u but be more active next time
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Drench »

[2:30:56 PM] Crazy: Did you mean to quote Riddler?
[2:30:59 PM] Daniel: yes
[2:31:00 PM] Daniel: yes i did
join your union
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

455. Blitzcrank/Zilean (Flameaxe) - Survivor: League of Legends

Image -
"Can we stop the fucking pity party for once, Jesus fucking Christ."

What better way to use my last pick for the first section (what I like to call 'worst of the worst') for the one fucker who actively broke me as a mod. Zilean is not in this location for his gameplay (although that certainly doesn't do him any help), but for the remarks made after he formally quit.

When I saw Flameaxe had decided to join, I was surprised. I hadn't been informed of anything, and further investigation through means of xofelf confirmed that he was very interested in the game and that I should let him in for sure, to which I gladly obliged. Flameaxe is a popular person, and he seemed very interested. However, due to a mistake on the mod end, he ended up getting Blitzcrank instead of Zilean, which once we found out, we made the immediate decision to switch him over to the correct account name (an unprecedented decision).

However, Flameaxe in-game was nothing if not mostly absent. Blitzcrank (as well as Zilean) were about as close as you can get to inactive without being formally replaced, having several spectators curious if he even existed. As we learned that Flameaxe was growing restless and looking to quit, both BPC and I made the decision to attempt to appease him when possible, hoping that we wouldn't get another quit.

But quit Flameaxe did, and he did so in an atrocious manner, blaming specifically me for everything that is wrong with all of the Survivors ran on Mafiascum since I started modding. As if that wasn't enough, he decided to make a cheeky post in the dead thread about how bad the mods were, and how the game was shit in just the manner that broke the last straw. When the spectators decided to chime in immediately after the quit request, the response was not one of understanding, but one of hatred (the quote I gave above).

This bled into my modding over the next several rounds, and I never had a chance to formally apologize to the players, the spectators, or BPC. While I am fine (and understanding) of a player who will quit the game due to lack of enjoyment, verbal attacks are something I refuse to recognize as anything near positive.

Your legacy to the game involved being inactive, creating moderator fumbles, and irrevocably changing the course of the game when Piltover attended a real Tribal Council because you couldn't be arsed enough to play but you could be arsed enough to attack. None of this I'm willing to condone.
Last edited by animorpherv1 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Wooo! Survivor! Fun!

Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Drench »

well, ani, you weren't joking! controversial is the right word for that cut. and to be honest, it doesn't sit extremely well with me. so.

i think zilean was definitely a low point of LoL. i think the nastiness involved with that character was pretty lowkey gross, and i did end up feeling pretty crappy second-hand just watching that. so like, most of the post i can definitely agree with. but, something i really can't agree with is the explicit positioning of ani vs flameaxe in this cut, and--maybe it'd be better if it wasn't ani making the cut--but it just feels vindictive and petty here. i don't know if i can let it stand.

should zilean and whoever panzer was be the next two out from LoL? i wouldn't disagree with that, since they were actively not fun, and that's a big criterion for me. should this cut be made now, by this person? nah, don't really think so. let's not descend into acrimony and elitish cliquey yelling at the outside.

so, without further ado, i'm
using an idol
. all votes cast for zilean will not count. i'll read the votes.

first vote. zilean. will not count.

zilean. will not count.

zilean. will not count.

zilean. will not count.

zilean. will not count.

zilean. will not count.

zilean. will not count.

zilean. will not count.

zilean. will not count.

carry on.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Drench »

i've been informed panzer is already out so good job team
join your union
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by xofelf »

WELL THAT WAS SURE EVENTFUL!

I'm going to cut
3cool5youMATHFTW aka vonflare from NAH
. You were there. You sure did some things. But I'm not sure what any of those things are and barely remembered you were in the game at all.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Return to “Frogstar World B”