R2D 001: Adventures in Space!

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

R2D 001: Adventures in Space!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:15 am

Post by James Brafin »

Hello players! Welcome to Roll 2 Dodge 001!
Your moderator is James Brafin, and your comod is The Worst. (LOL)

Player list:
Iconeum
Brassherald
Inferno390
Selynee

Character stats will be posted and updated in post #1.
Summary of current Campaign will be posted and updated in #2

The signup thread is viewtopic.php?f=10&t=75858&p=10094696#p10094696

Skills:
Basic: These require no special skills to use.
Perception
Dodge
Religion
Melee
Logic
Survival
Repair
Firearms

Learned Skills: These require a corresponding skill to use.
Piloting
Hacking
Espionage
Construct
Handle Beasts
Geology
Heal
Archeology
Alien Knowledge

Magic Skills: These not only require a skill to use, but are the "magical" skiils; to use magic you must have one of these! We are using the Domain/School system, combined with Freeform for more variety. A basic skill has 10 energy points, and an extra skill point spent in that Domain/School gives an addtional 2 energy points.
Nano (Control of nanotech; think the traditional wizard or sorcerer in D&D or Pathfinder.)
Astral (One of the religious magics; utilizes heavenly forces in the form of healing, blasts of light, and other cleric-like magic.)
Alien (Mental connection with native life forms, disease and spore control, etc.)
Psychic (The second religious magic; literally the Force)
Planetary (Passive traveling magic, effectively allowing you to flicker in and out of existence and/or control the planet's intrinsic energies, among other things.)
Occult (The third and final religious magic; think Eldritch alien demon horror worshipers and magic. Specializes in insanity, summoning, and other fun Chuthulu-y stuff.)
Melding (The ability to literally bond at a physical level with objects and transfer your consciousness to the result, effectively becoming physically and metaphysically one with them.)
Last edited by James Brafin on Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:21 am

Post by James Brafin »

Character Sheets

Spoiler: Ircher (replacing Iconeum)
???

*HoC

All my life has been spent on studying medicin. Healing is my passion. I'll do anything to heal those I deem worthy of being healed. I have no trouble denying aid to those I deem unworthy. Because it's a stressfull job, I also have a hobby. I like to shoot guns. A lot. It helps me relax. I like the smell of gunpowder in the morning. Or at any time of the day, really.

*Motivation 1

I have decided to go on a journey with a few people I met, hoping to find new ways to practice medicine and to have fun doing this. I also brought my collection of guns for protection.

*Motivation 2

Guns. I love them. I want them. I need them. My collection needs to grow, and I've got just about any gun there is around here. I heard that place we are going to has some funky stuff, there just HAS to be something special to be found for my collection. Yes, yes there has to be.

*Skill Points

Perception +1
Dodge +1
Logic +1
Survival +1
Firearms +2
Repair +1

Heal +2
Alien +1
Astral +1

Spoiler: Inferno390
HOC:
To use alien tech to benifit mankind

Motivations:
Find a way to manipulate alien tech
To understand the aliens' past

Skills:
2 Points Alien Knowledge
2 Points Survival
2 Point Piloting
3 Points Nano
2 Points Archeology

Spoiler: Brassherald
So character is going to be named Thomas Grintar.

HoC- he wants to be the most famous space privateer in the Galaxy.

Motivations- 1. Earn enough to own a great spaceship of his own.
2. Earn the respect of a ruling entity to the point where they officially bring him on as a privateer.

Skills:
2 points in piloting
2 in repair
1 firearms
1 melee
1 dodge
1 in planetary
1 in meld
1 in hacking
+1 Diplomacy

Spoiler: Selynee
Name: Selynee

HoC: Be the ruler of a prosperous traditional community on this planet.

Motivation: Gain respect.
Motivation: Learn more about our ancient culture.

Skills
Dodge:1
Survival:2
Religion:1
Melee:1

Learned skills
Handle beasts:1
Heal:2
Archeology:1

Magic skills:
Alien: 1

1 Unspent

Loaded Dice:

Inferno: 0
Brass: 0
Selynee: 1
Ircher: 1
Last edited by James Brafin on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am

Post by James Brafin »

Planet XF0-6RB, better known as Morpha. A world where the very ground is infested with a parasite that makes it unstable, the air one breathes has a benign bug that is long dormant.
The entire planet has been overwhelmed by Nanites, and so all things have them in their bodies. Though one can leave through a rigorous cleansing process, most who come to the planet spend the rest of their lives here, working to make the inhospitable planet more suitable for human life.
On the planet's surface, in a small skyport on the edge of the Roil, a man paces with great anxiety. He was supposed to meet with his latest employees an hour ago, and this man prefers to be on time. A hot desert wind blows through him, and he shakes the dust from his fedora with impatience. Then, over the horizon, comes the thrum of a lancruz, and he sighs in relief. The new help is here.

==================================================== (Sorry, I'm taking over characters for dialogue and story purpose for a moment. If you have issues with what the character says, let me know.)
"Our new help is going to kill us." Selynee muttered as she looks out the front window. "I told you we should have left early!"
"Relax. It's not like he has anything better to do." Iconeum spins his lazer pistol lazily in his seat, spinning it around as Thomas and Inferno pilot the craft. "Besides, it's your fault we didn't leave on time!"
"Really?" Selynee shoots back, annoyance obvious. "After the crap you just pulled? You want to go there?"
"Everyone shut up!" Inferno snaps back at his comrades. "We don't have time for this!" A panel on his dashboard beeps, and glancing down, his face pales. "Thomas, we have a problem. There's a nanostorm coming in from the north-east. With our direction and speed, it's going to sweep right over us unless we do something fast!"
"Gosh darnit. Thanks Inferno," Thomas grunts as he leans over the controls. "Okay, everyone hold on!"

The game has started! Make your own rolls, and tell me what you want to do below! Have fun everyone!
Last edited by James Brafin on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:59 am

Post by the worst »

Comod saying hello

I'll lurk and get a vibe for larger-duck's style before engaging too much. Don't mind me. :D hopefully I help when it counts!
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I'm going to focus my nanite powers to try and interact with the coming storm.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by brassherald »

Thomas sets the controls to take a sharp turn upwards, to avoid the storm.

Original Roll String: 1d6+2
1 6-Sided Dice: (1)+2 = 3

Piloting roll.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Original Roll String: 1d6+3
1 6-Sided Dice: (1)+3 = 4

Nanite Roll
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Iconeum »

I use my survival instincts and try to figure out how we can survive the pending storm. Hopefully I can give the best advice to our pilots.

Original Roll String: 1d6+1
1 6-Sided Dice: (4)+1 = 5

survival roll
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Selynee »

Trying to use the survival tips I've learnt from my family

1D6+2

survival roll
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:33 am

Post by James Brafin »

As the plane jerks upward, Thomas glances around at his crew. Inferno has gone quiet to try and interact with the storm, Iconeum is trying to asses the situation while he stares out the window, and Selynee seems to have panicked and is pacing back and forth, muttering something about "getting down in the face of a large storm." But his piloting skills are no match for the storm, and he easily avoids the danger. Then Inferno's eyes pop open. "We have company," he says quietly as his eyes lose their metallic glow. "There's things in that storm. I connected with them. I was able to redirect the storm, but whatever those things I sensed were, they're hungry -- and see us as lunch in their territory."
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Selynee »

"You say you were able to connect with them? Interesting...there are a few species here which are able to do this. And they all have certain characteristics in common. Let see...hive mind, able to connect with your mind but it works in both directions. Maybe I could establish a rudimentary form of communication with them, but I need to relax and open my mind which is not so easy in these conditions..."

1D6

Alien roll
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 11, Selynee wrote:"You say you were able to connect with them? Interesting...there are a few species here which are able to do this. And they all have certain characteristics in common. Let see...hive mind, able to connect with your mind but it works in both directions. Maybe I could establish a rudimentary form of communication with them, but I need to relax and open my mind which is not so easy in these conditions..."

1D6 182729106

Alien roll
Due to the stress and issues in these conditions, you take a -1 to your check. However, that's still a success!
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Inferno390 »

"Hungry? that doesn't sound like anything sentient. I doubt that connecting with them is going to do us much good. If I was also able to connect with them, they may not be organic either."

I will use Alien Knowledge to see if I can remember anything about this foe that might help us.

1 6-Sided Dice: (3)+2 = 5

Inferno390 GTKAS

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by brassherald »

Thomas glances at the star map. "Well, now we have a destination, and a storm to get through. Better buckle up because I'm going to try something pretty daring here. Inferno, you'll have to take the lead on controls for a second."

Thomas focuses and attempts to teleport the entire ship from where they are to the area of the skyport they were supposed to be over an hour ago.

Planetary roll
Original Roll String: 1d6+1
1 6-Sided Dice: (4)+1 = 5
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by James Brafin »

To teleport something that large will use all of your energy, and leave you in a comatose stat for at least a few hours. In addition, you take a -1 on the check because of your level. Are you sure this is what you want to do?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 15, James Brafin wrote:To teleport something that large will use all of your energy, and leave you in a comatose stat for at least a few hours. In addition, you take a -1 on the check because of your level. Are you sure this is what you want to do?
No, then, disregard that for now, I will reconsider my actions. I'll edit that out, if you would like.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Just leave it, it probably be important info later.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Iconeum »

'Transporting the entire ship?' 'And you can do this'?

'Go right ahead and get us out of here, I'll heal you back to full health if you need it'.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:26 am

Post by brassherald »

"Nevermind that, I don't think I'll be able to do it." Thomas says to Iconeum. "I've got a better idea! This might be a little rough, though, so, stay buckled in. We might end up a little bit off course, but I wasn't brought here to steer everyone into a death storm."

Thomas swings the ship to go ahead of the nano storm and allows the nano storm to be close behind. Then, he jams his controls to turn 90 degrees to the right, and kicks the ship to full speed ahead.

Piloting roll again
1 6-Sided Dice: (6)+2 = 8
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Selynee »

"Maybe you are right and they are not sentient but I feel I should try anyway. Perhaps they can show me an image or transmit any information on a near settlement. This might prove useful"

1D6+1
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Thomas' neat moves prove successful, and you pull just ahead of the storm. Unfortunately, this takes you off course slightly, but that can be adjusted.
Inferno recalls something about these creatures preferring to stay within the storm and being able to interact with it. It may be possible that killing them will lessen the storm.
Selynee feels outward and connects with one of the creatures. It's thinking about taking down the ship and eating the people, but it seems mildly curious that two people have now connected with it. "Who are you?" It ask telepathically, but in an obviously n0n-sentient way.
Iconeum, you have thought for a bit and decided on tow courses of action: you could either go up to the gun bay and try to shoot some of those things down, or you could try to overload the fuel systems and tech on the ship to gain a temporary speed boost, which is probably a skill for Thomas or Inferno. (Nano, Piloting, Hacking, and Repair will all help on that roll, but only two can be chosen before the roll is attempted.)
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I say we try to outrun the things while Selynee and I use our mental abilities to confuse and perhaps stun the creatures.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Shoot? Did someone say shoot? I get to shoot guns from a
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Iconeum »

*a ship?

I will go to the gun bay and man the biggest gun there is. Not shooting until Selynee and inferno disconnect.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by Selynee »

Who am I? Difficult question especially since they only seem to understand a small fraction of our language. But they are able to communicate so I'm thinking...it might be easier for them to understand images and emotions. Try to open my mind and let them see I mean no harm for anyone on this planet and I wouldn't harm them either if given a choice. Also, how much knowing about other....hmm, beings similar to us would help us.

1D6+1

Alien

Return to “Frogstar World B”