Curse of the Crimson Throne Location: Adventure's Guild

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Curse of the Crimson Throne Location: Adventure's Guild

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:14 am

Post by chamber »

The adventure's guild is a small building. Not enough room for more than maybe a dozen men to stand inside at once. to your left there is a board with a number of possible jobs stuck to it. In front of you is a counter behind which sits a grumpy looking old man with a ill-kept beard.
Taking a break from the site.
Freda Commonmore
Freda Commonmore
Watcher
Freda Commonmore
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Freda Commonmore »

"Hello," Freda greets the man at the counter, but clearly focuses her attention on reading through the job board.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 am

Post by chamber »

Looking over the job board you see 3 that stand out as being appropriate to your numbers and skill level

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:18 am

Post by brassherald »

Dietrich nods and says
"I would like to skip the spiders."
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Faraday »

Lucien glances at the job board, but is more interested in chatting to the man at the counter, for the moment.

"Tell me, does the name Zellara ring a bell? She's the one who suggested we see what was available here. I was just wondering if you were familiar with her?
Spoiler:
Persuasion if necessary?
Original Roll String: 1d20+6
1 20-Sided Dice: (3)+6 = 9

"Is there anything stopping us
trying
to do more than one of these?" Lucien asks Freda. He eyes the halfing up and down. She certainly seems a cautious type at a glance, but she seems focused and trustworthy thus far.

He glances around at the others, the two angry ones and the conspiracy theorist. Truly a strange bunch, when combined with the priest tagging along.

"The spider one seems the most straightforward, all things considered" Lucien says, examining the quests. "At the very least we can be sure what we have to do. Still, I don't have a strong preference", he says inclining his head towards the priest. "Afraid of spiders?", he asks, somewhat bemused.

Turning back to the counter Lucien asks the man if he has any more information on the Brooch, or its last known whereabouts. I guess see persuasion check if applicable to see if he's willing to talk, at all
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Freda Commonmore
Freda Commonmore
Watcher
Freda Commonmore
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:42 am

"Nothing appears to state we cannot," Freda mused after scanning the board. She then glanced at the bearded guildman. "If he were to take issue with it, perhaps we could split up...if two of these actually seem like good use of our time." The halfling frowned. "There is too little written information about the brooch. The quest for the inn seems decent enough work, and most suited to my own skillset, though I am skeptical it would prepare us adequately for the troubles ahead. The one for the weaver, while unpleasant, seems to have potential."

Freda furrowed her brow and stroked her chin. "Perhaps there is another guild or tavern with different offerings...or some sort of trouble outside of town, down the Jeggare River."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Pathvos raises his axe and taps it on the on the one that says "Lost Brooch".
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Kreag stands in the doorway, slightly less intoxicated, and grunts. Looking over the signs, he lays a thick finger on one. "BEER." If there is strong alcohol involved, Kreag is always interested. Sitting down, he belches and looks about.
Original Roll String: 1d20-2
1 20-Sided Dice: (2)-2 = 0

Perception
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by chamber »

Zellara you say? I think I've heard that name before? Where was it.

As for the job board, if you wanna do the alcohol one or the spinner's hole one, we'll take em down until we hear back from the client. If you fail, you can't take another job through us unless you pay 10% of the offered fee for the failed jobs. The brooch job isn't exclusive. I've seen it posted elsewhere in the city too. The only extra information I can give you about that brooch is the requester. They didn't want it to get out, so keep your traps shut, but it was the thieves guild that put in that job. You'd have to ask them if you want more information.

As for finding job's elsewhere in the city, good luck. Thieves guild has their own job board but I suspect they aren't the kind of jobs your lot would want to do.

I just remembered where I know that name from, doesn't she run some psychic reading shop? I thought that had closed down though.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Faraday »

"Ah, it had closed down? Probably not the same woman, then. Maybe I misheard her name", Lucien says to the man, shrugging his shoulders as if indifferent about the whole thing.

"It seems like more of us are in favour of the alcohol, than not. We can always do the brooch job, too, since it's not exclusive, if we wrap this issue up in eel's end tavern quickly - which I think we will", Lucien says confidently. "Maybe, we'll even be able to get a lead
on
the Brooch there. After all, since it could be anywhere it could just as easily be there. I admit though, I have very little experience with the Thieves Guild, however someone trying to steal from them would probably be at least somewhat formidable. Or very foolish. Anyone have any insight into this?"

Lucien looks out expectantly, hopefully trying to learn a little more, and perhaps eventually build up a bit of a rapport with these people who would hopefully help take down Lamm.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

"There is no honor in helping the thieves.", he said to no one in particular. "We should this one." He taps his axe on "Alcohol Issue"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Freda Commonmore
Freda Commonmore
Watcher
Freda Commonmore
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:16 am

"Much agreed. I would rather starve than work for the thieves' guild," said the scowling rogue.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by brassherald »

"The God's don't bless the thieves guild, it seems."
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by James Brafin »

OoC: Faraday, the quest would entail stealing
for
the guild.
InC: “BEER!” Kreag shouts again, hammering the bar with an orcish fist. It’s hard to tell if he wants it or agrees with everyone’s desire to clear up the alcohol issue. Either way, he pulls out a few coppers and tosses them out. “Kreag hungry. And thirsty. You bring Kreag, yes?”
Last edited by James Brafin on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:05 am

Post by chamber »

Thieves guild is a force when they can agree on anything, but you know what they say, no honor among thieves. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an inside job.

Looking at [James Brafin's Character]
I can put up a wanted poster for some beer for you, but I suspect that's not what you're looking for. We don't serve food or drink here.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by KittyMo »

"Kreag," Freda said slowly and a bit hesitantly, "You can buy beer when we go to the Eel's End Tavern to find out more about this job." She then turned to Lucien. "I need to make a brief visit to the inn nearest to our...dinner party. Since we seem to have reached consensus, may I meet you all at the tavern?"
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Belven Carter
Belven Carter
Watcher
Belven Carter
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Belven Carter »

Belven opens the door to the Adventurer's Guild, and walks in feeling a bit awkward upon seeing the entire group in discussion.

"It appears I got a bit lost on my way over here. Apologies." Glancing at the job board in front of them he continues, "I assume we are going to be investigating the issue with the alcohol, and are staying far away from the spiders....correct?"
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Faraday »

@James: It's doing a job for them, not
neccessarily
stealing or they'd just do it themselves.

Lucien claps his hands together excitedly. "Let's go to the pub, then. I'm sure this is what the psychic had in mind for building ourselves up as a team".

Lucien informs the guy behind the desk that they'll be taking that job and leaves the adventures guild and heads to the the Eel's End tavern, knowing the way haven't played there once a long time ago.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:38 am

Post by James Brafin »

Kreag growls at the man behind the bar, but decides that killing him is not worth the trouble. Standing, he follows Lucien out the door and to the tavern.

Return to “Frogstar World B”