Curse of the Crimson Throne Location: Eel's End.

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Curse of the Crimson Throne Location: Eel's End.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by chamber »

[Need to fill in how you guys locate Eel's end. I suspect none of you would have been here before for reasons that will soon become evident, but if one of you has, or feel you'd know its location for some reason, that could work. Alternatively you'll need to have asked around perhaps]

As you approach you destination it becomes apparent Eel's End isn't what you first expected. You're on a dock in Old Korvosa on the Jeggare River, facing 5 large ships that are all permanently anchored and barely look like they should still float. From left to right you examine the vessels. On the first you see the name Twin Tiger a large barge that seems to have been converted into a gambling establishment. On the second, Dragon's Breath Corridor, the largest of the ships. It has no immediate obvious function at first, but observing those entering and leaving, you deduce it's a drug den. On the third, Eel's End, the only warship of the 4, also the only one that's dark and silent. On the fourth House of Clouds, a brothel based on the girls you see trying to draw men inside. Finally on the 5th Goldenhawk, apparently the tavern you are looking for.
Taking a break from the site.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:17 am

Post by Faraday »

"Well, this
is
a surprise", Lucien says taking in the view of the 5 large ships. He thinks for a bit and wonders how he hasn't heard of this place before and wondering how - it feels like the type of place that should be talked about."I'm sure, given the surroundings this'll be a lovely establishment".

Letting out a soft melodic whistle Lucien begins to cautiously approach the Goldenhawk, beginning to feel like this job could be a little more complicated than first expected.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:00 am

Post by chamber »

[I'm taking short cuts when describing things because I'm intentionally limiting the amount of needed responses from me. If you feel your character would have known of this place, they can have known of it.]
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

occ: isn't the other barb a drunk? Wouldn't he know where it is?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:17 am

Post by chamber »

[There are dozens of places to get drunk in the city. The stressing point here is that this is quite possibly the least savory of all of them. This is not a place where law abiding citizens are likely to end up.]
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:34 am

Post by Faraday »

Lucien takes a look around as he approaches the Goldenhawk, wondering if their arrival has attracted any particular notice, or if anyone is paying them particular attention.

"Well Kraeg, let's go get a drink and solve this alcohol problem, shall we?" Lucien says turning to the giant orc.
Spoiler: Perception
Original Roll String: 1d20+1 (STATIC)
1 20-Sided Dice: (3)+1 = 4

edit was editing a typo, hence the "static".
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:27 am

Post by James Brafin »

[And since when has Kreag ever abided by laws?]
Kreag grunts to Lucien, waving for the party to follow him to the Goldenhawk. Being a bum and criminal, Kreag knows this area well, often sleeping on the the docks or doing work loading goods on the ships. He has a lot of friends here... and a lot of enemies.

Entering the bar, he takes a look around to see what is going on.
Original Roll String: 1d20-2
1 20-Sided Dice: (5)-2 = 3
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:30 am

Post by James Brafin »

[HOLY COW
For being half-drunk, having the beginnings of a hangover, about as bright a a brick and being in a dingy little bar with what I assume is crappy lighting, I just noticed the freaking blood stain on the table halfway across the room.]
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
Freda Commonmore
Freda Commonmore
Watcher
Freda Commonmore
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:14 am

Post by Freda Commonmore »

With her business at the inn complete, Freda began her long walk back to Old Korvosa. Having lived in the area for over 100 years, the name rang a bell. She stopped by a couple of neighbors, and was directed to one of their son's friends. Uhh, idk how much of this needs to be roleplayed out. If it's not cool that he just told her we can revisit

Scowling, the woman walked as quickly as possible past the other seedy establishments as soon as she deduced where to go. She marched right up to the nearest bartender and stated in a low voice, "It was mentioned at the adventurer's guild that help was wanted here. Who can I further discuss the details of that with?"

Spoiler: Persuasion?
Original Roll String: 1d20
1 20-Sided Dice: (5) = 5

No modifier
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:57 am

Post by brassherald »

Dietrich was an upstanding citizen and a man of the cloth to boot, so he was not happy with this turn of events. Heading to a place of sin was never good. He quietly said prayers as they walked from the guild, and stood in the back, stoically not talking to the people here in the criminal underbelly of the city.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Pathvos scans the small flotilla and grunts with disgust and then heads for Eel's End.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Frogstar World B”