DnD 5e: My mouth is dry...

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:06 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

"While I'm not a big fan of splitting the party, I'm more than happy to hide and watch nearby..." Virgil paused as a mortified look grew across his face, "stand guard.... I mean. Corrin can take the river bank and I can check the path. Unless the holy one isn't very suited to helping clear boulders, that is." Before he hid, Virgil looked at the amphibian tracks that Vecna had found, "I wonder what creature would make these?" he thought
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:26 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Dragging behind the group with his nose buried in his time, Savionne's gaze drifts up and over his party splitting in various directions. Country roads and forests weren't exactly his cup of tea but a favor for a favor could secure them lodging and food for the night. On the plus side they were doing a service for the many that relied on the farmers of this region, it was enough to set his focus on the task at hand.

"If we clear this blockage now how long do you figure it will take for someone to come check the river?" Savionne mused to no one in particular, keeping his eyes peeled up the newly crafted river path.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:01 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

"I'm not well suited to move boulders, unfortunately. I'll also keep watch while Vekna clears the rocks."

"Good call, Savionne. Maybe we can lay an ambush for whoever comes to check on the dam once the river starts flowing again."
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:43 am

Post by chkflip »

And with that, Vekna he nabbed a thick and sturdy branch to begin anchoring underneath the rocks of the dam. He shoved once, twice, thrice over before figuring it deep enough to make a difference before twisting it against the bank. The branch held just long enough as he strained against it. The dam loosened, then shifted, then crumbled after about a minute or so with Vekna's assistance along the way. What he hadn't accounted for, however, was the added influx of water from the manufactured waterway. What once held a calm stream now gushed, if only for as short amount of time as this excess would last, like a river. This would certainly bring the attention of whomever they were sabotaging here... and hopefully whatever followed would continue going all according to plan.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Vecna »

"Take in the surroundings to check for any defensible positions that might give us an edge against overwhelming numbers of enemies. Any chokepoints that we could use?"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Vecna »

"or a good place for an ambush or a trap"
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:54 pm

"
I'll leave the traps to the more... 'subtle' folk in the group. I'll take a look around for any defensible positions.

Great job on the dam, Vekna!
"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by chkflip »

Before they can lay down much of a plan, however, River sees three huge lumps barreling down the waterway. Before he can utter a syllable --
FLOOMPH FLOOMPH FLOOMPH
-- the creatures make their presence known by taking to the sky with leaps through the air. These frog-like creatures stand before you, their feet impacting the ground with force, with weapons at the ready and eyes glowing a deep red. River also sees motion coming from the forest, then again from another section. Before you know it, these things are everywhere... and they're not here to talk.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:36 pm

"Circle up, lads. This is about to get ugly!"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Vecna »

"Look alive friends, if you can keep these ugly things out of my face I will cast a sleep spell on the largest group. Then we can take out the other group in a coordinated strike"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

Virgil fires off an arrow from his position near a tree, exposing himself but completely taking one of the croakers out in a single shot. This catches the attention of the others; however, the one nearest to River snaps with a bite that gets nothing but air and lashes out with it's spear only to connect with her shield. It croaks at her in anger, it's red eyes glowing in the sunlight.

Then, from the thicket to the North, another pops it's head out. Only this one looks more like a fish than a frog. It postulates before pointing a finger at the unsuccessful frogman. The magic that shoots from its finger bursts in a flash of greens momentarily. Then, just as suddenly, vines begin to sprout from underneath it's armor until every inch of the leather is wrapped in it. The vines then find no motion and harden instantaneously after having apparently increased the frogman's armor in some way.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:58 am

"
Mother of Waters, please grant my allies your blessing.
"

*A small wave of holy energy flows from River through Vekna, Corrin, and Virgil. It feels refreshing, almost like having a mug of cold ale on a warm summer day.*

"
Focus fire on the magic user - it's buffing the frog people. If its spells are anything like mine, it'll have to keep focus to maintain those vines."
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by Vecna »

"Looks like were eating grilled froglegs tonight guys. Watch me unleash my inferno."

*The tiniest of flames start forming around vekna's fingers as he focusses -really really- hard to cast....a campfire cantrip*
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

*Virgil sighs*
"I appreciate the witty dialogue, but can one of y'all just focus on helping me flank...and save the one liners for when we aren't facing death."
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

Savionne and one of the farther fishmen move simultaneously, make eye contact, and immediately trade spells. The fishmen's spell goes wide as Sav's spell -- an ice knife -- connects with it's chest and explodes. Then something strange begins to happen. Ice begins to envelop the spellcaster, completely enveloping him before he can do so much as scream for help. And just as quickly as it began to form... it begins to crack.

Meanwhile, the frogman nearest Vecna is licked fiercely by flame. It groans out in pain before leaping at its assailant and connecting with both it's bite and spear attacks. Vekna looks like he's in dire straits here, hanging on by a thread at the end of this creature's primal rage.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by Vecna »

*Vecna screams out in agony, a wailing sharp type of sound that no dwarf should ever produce.*

"He took a bite out of my arm. The frog mutilated my brewing arm"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:07 am

Post by chkflip »

It croaks with aggression as it stands over Vekna, ready to strike again, when the rogue comes in for a one-two slice that drops it with a swiftness. The whole of you stand ready for the fight to continue as your numbers seem to be evening out. Unfortunately, the Half-Orc put himself between a rock and a hard place as the other frogman turns it's gaze to him and lashed out with a bite that connects. It attempts to continue it's onslaught but meets two blades with it's spear and misses the rogue.

The fishman pops it's head out from behind the shrub, firing a magical bolt of fire that cleanly misses the Half-Orc as well... which is good considering the size of it probably would've dropped him where he stood. The group comes together and, through strength and spell, take down the last frogman before them. Wiping the sweat from his brow, the Half-Orc looks to the little fishy hiding behind cover. Though he couldn't quite make it out behind the greenery, from what he saw he could tell more clearly that these two monstrosities that attacked the lot of you were fundamentally as well as aesthetically opposite. Where the frogfolk were aggressive and hefty... the fishfolk seemed more fickle and frail. Their grey color stood out behind the growth.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:50 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Virgil looked at the distance between him and the fishfolk and knew he couldn't close it before they could cast another spell he'd have to dodge. He also didn't want to have the rest of his party have to use their other spells when they would need to follow up on this. He hoped to use these creatures better nature against them and grabbed one of the unconscious frogfolk, holding his dagger to its neck. He looked at the growth with a stone cold look upon his face. "Come out and get on the ground", Virgil growled at the fishfolk, gesturing with his sword for them to get on the ground in case they didn't know the common tongue, "we don't want to have to hurt you but I won't think twice if you try to attack again...or try to get away" he said walking forward slowly, so that if his plan failed he'd be able to charge at the fishfolk and cut them down.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 am

Post by chkflip »

A look of intensity comes over the fish-faced creature's eyes as it peeks over the bush again. It shakes it's head... then again... and you notice something happen to it's eyes. The red inside it's iris dims for a second, then intensifies to the point that it appears to pain the monster. A wail exudes from it as it violently lashes around for a moment. And then it's gone. The eyes return to a deep, dark hue of yellow. It looks... confused.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Vecna »

"It seems these creatures were under the control of some very strong magic. Lets not take too much risk here just yet. Ill try and see if I can communicate with it through magic means"

Vecna starts casting a spell to try and communicate in draconic with the fishman. What could possibly go wrong?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

The spell hits the fish-faced monster and you see it freeze. It pulls a lance off its shoulder and shambles around, looking in every direction for the location of this strange voice in a dark tongue. A tongue it is familiar with.

"You say this before... you offer peace. You offer sanctuary. Now me only have pain. Disconnection from tribe. BLBLBLBLBL!!"

The end of the message back is perhaps in its native tongue. The voice was fearful and confused. It clearly doesn't have a complete gauge on what's going on, that much is certain.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Virgil nudged River, "Well healy boy, this appears to be in your domain. Fishman is hurting...and likely will need convincing to get the straight on whatever seems to be enslaving them, not to mention what we're walking into if we press forward. Meanwhile I'll be tying up these....Frog People. Also if we don't want to move ahead we're gonna have to get out of here quick." As he began to tie up the first Frog Warrior, he realized something, "Oh...and if someone could hit Vekna and me with a heal, that'd be pretty good. Likely don't want us dying on you." and continued.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:10 pm

"That's healing
lady
to you, Virgil."

"The Mother of Waters grants me limited blessings each day, so I will only call on her divine healing if the battle is looking dire. How about we rest here for an hour instead? That should be enough time for me to apply some bandages while you, Vekna, and the Fishman rest."
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:45 am

Post by Vecna »

"Guys, I can communicate with the caster. It speaks draconian".

*Vecna starts to cast another message spell on the fish-faced monster, and continue to talk to it in draconean*

"I am not the same person that made these promises. I am the dwarf that is now waving at you"

*wave at him so he sees you*

"The person that made these promises betrayed you. He betrayed your friends. We do not want to fight. Let us help you get back home. Lets be friends."
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:32 am

Post by chkflip »

"You... not flappy monster. You... different. Not fish like me. What say you different good, not different bad?"

The creature's comprehension level seems staggeringly low, but the premise seems clear. It trusts another voice in its head like it trusts not to be stabbed in the back by any one of you. The creature clutches it's weapon... though it's grip seems to waver if slightly.

I should remind you that there were two fish-like creatures and one ran away during the first round of combat. Just something to keep in mind.

Return to “Frogstar World B”