Tales from The Grid, Issue 1: Two Sides to Every Story (IC)

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image "Medieval? You mean my time is in the middle of yours? So you must be from thousands of years in the future, maybe even more. Anyway, I hope my loyal knight is alright. We met in a desert and teamed up to slay a ravenous giant snake. We then traveled together for a while until we got separated in that thunderstorm. It doesn't seem like that other man knows about him, but maybe you can help me find him with your futuristic magic powers."

The Valkyrie turns to the other man (YLW Assault).

Image "And you? What's your story? You don't look like you're from around here either."
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by roseheart »

(Sylveone46 of Sufficient Velocity replaces dsjstr of MafiaScum)
a1s wrote:move to E7
Space Jawa wrote:Plasma Sniper Rifle Overwatch
Move Phase

The knight charges forward, closer to the flood stream once again. Strangely, the ground continues to shake from time to time even though the thunderstorm is clearing up.

Range Phase

The sniper holsters her pistol, and withdraws her sniper rifle, going into
overwatch
. The distinct sound of plasma rifle fire can be heard through the fog...

Special Phase

These souls collectively have an odd sense of deja vu, and are then psychically bombarded by images of some battle taking place...no...that took place west across the dwindling flood stream. But they have only a moment to consider this vision. The ground continues to shake as the mist parts. Something massive is walking on four legs...

TricMagic wrote:
Sectoid.

Move north 2 spaces. Plasma rifle the Mechtoid menace(the giant.)

GM Note: Will use 1 ammo for free as announced in OOC.
Accrovideogames wrote:Don't move.
HadesTheReaper wrote:Move down 1.
Move Phase

The assault and the boulder mech move in towards the valkyrie king. The boulder to the south shatters into rubble.

Range Phase

The assault raises her
plasma rifle
at the lumbering giant, and lobs a few green ethereal shots. The boulder mech's
shuffling armor
plates make it difficult to hit a vulnerable point. The assault is too
small
to threaten the machine while it is moving.

Special Phase

As the sun continues to break through the clouds the flood waters are lowering rapidly, and the mist is rolling away. And then there appears those souls from the vision before, like stepping out of a dream.

The knight and king finally spot each other.

Themed Challenge Complete: King Izabelle Horne and Madame Trinity Chandler have increased their support level to B! 'New' Ability: "Sidewinder" (details in OOC)

The XCOM Lieutenant looks across the way and sees her mortal adversary(the one that cost them everything).

Rivals: Lieutenant Riya Contreras and Lieutenant Aisha Welch cannot be allies, and gain double points for killing their counterpart!

And then you see it. Whether by local lore, or shocking readings on your instrumentation, you now recognize those glowing stars are exactly what you need. You just need to stay on them long enough...

"!!"

"!!"

"!!"

"!!"

"!!"

"!!"

================
|-|- Turn 4 -|-|
================

Score:
0 = YLW Knight
0 = YLW Assault
0 = WHT Sniper
0 = WHT Boulder Mech
0 = WHT Sudowoodo
0 = BLU Valkyrie King* (*benefits of the Knight's Oath restored)

Goal Zone (D4, D5, E4, E5)
- Grants +1 point to each occupant at the end of turn.

Puddles (B4, F4, F5)
- Impose -2 initiative to all actions for the rest of the turn.

Debris (D5, F5) and Blocking Plants (A8, C7)
- Can be moved on and destroyed by a massive unit. The plants are destroyed by melee attacks.

a1s, Space Jawa, Sylveone46, Accrovideogames, HadesTheReaper, and TricMagic, EVERYONE who is a player can post in the IC Thread now. You can switch between your old portrait and the new alt above as desired to emote. Please continue to use your character portrait(s) if you wish to talk in-character, which will be shared on the other forums.

(Additional details about victory conditions will be posted in OOC shortly.)

This is the end of the reposting of this session on MafiaScum. If you'd like to read further, you can at Bay 12 Forums, Sufficient Velocity, or GameFAQs. You can sign up to play in the OOC Thread. Thank you!
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:24 am

Post by roseheart »

(MafiaScum has been reactivated. Catching up to current point...)

Image "Hey, you shot me!" my voice rings out of the speaker system and my projected face moves with the words, "I almost have the proper readings. I just need to get to a better location."

I notice the storm has now properly died down,Image "Huh. Wait, more people?! Where have you all been? This is the most people I've seen that aren't from Base. We can work this out and all get home safe. No fighting. The Vex are more dangerous than this. Please. I don't want this to be another bad run."

"The Vex? Who are you?"

"..."

"You know what, doesn't matter. You actually want to work together to survive? So do I."

"Though it would still be nice to know who exactly you are and what your story is."

Image Speaking to the paladin, the Valkyrie says, "It seems like that person who looks like our friend here mistook you for an enemy. I'm not surprised, considering we did as well. They seem like the type who fires first and ask questions later, like you actually." Speaking to YLW Assault, she adds, "Is that your friend over there?" She then notices the knight.

Image "Hey, that's my loyal subject! I'm glad you're safe!" Speaking to her two new friends, she adds, "That's the knight I was talking about." Speaking to the knight, she says, "Don't be afraid of this massive machine. There's a time traveling human inside it. He's some kind of paladin from the distant future who has come to save humanity from the Vex, an alien race that isn't even from this planet. Anyway, who are the two people with you? Wait, that thing over there, that's not a person, that's a monster!"
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:26 am

Post by roseheart »

The Valkyrie recounts her story to the dark skinned woman with strange weaponry. She met a knight errant in a desert where a ravenous giant snake was eating unsuspecting victims. The knight declared the Valkyrie her King, despite the fact that it's a title reserved for men. They then teamed up to kill the snake. After saving the denizens of the desert, the two horsemen travelled the land together until a thunderstorm separated them.

Image "The knight on a horse next to you is my loyal subject. My name is Izabelle Horne, by the way."

Image "My story, uh... to make a long story short, I joined a group of people interested in stopping the Vex from destroying Earth. I get sent back in time to help fight off small areas of Vex incursions, and hopefully, in the end, I'll have gotten all of them. Now, normally I would get sent back with a couple other pilots. Remember that dude that likes electricity a little too much? Yeah, he's my brother. I love the guy, but he's struggling with that. The other person on my team is me and my bros overseer, captain, whatever. Anyways, I don't know where they are, but I still want to help you guys out."

Image "As for that first boulder, I'm sorry, but I needed to show that I'm not to be taken lightly. Otherwise, well, I've lost a run or two because I trusted someone too much. Oh, if you guys want to see what a Vex looks like, I have some files on known types I can display. The techies back in Home Base say it's in case it's ever needed. Never hurts to have a diagram on where to hit to deal the most damage."

"..."

"That's great, but use the Cliffnotes version next time."
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:28 am

Post by roseheart »

The Valkyrie is still looking at the monster that looks like a calcified tree.

Image"Stop staring at me like that!"

Image "The monster can talk?!"
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image "What monster? My scanners aren't picking anything uuuuuuuu, yeah, I'm guessing that's the monster. It doesn't seem like a Vex. Like, at all. Maybe a leaper or a psion, but they're too... fat, for lack of a better word, for a leaper, and a psion would have a more bulbous head. Not to mention it's clearly not human."

I lean the mech closer, trying to get the strained instruments to pick apart their biological makeup. Techies said it would be handy if a new Vex showed up.

Image "Sorry, you can talk. Didn't mean to talk like you weren't here. So, uh, what's your name? And, if it not rude, what
are
you?"

Image"My name is Sage, and I'm a Sudowoodo, I think..."
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by roseheart »

(Nancy Drew 39 of MafiaScum replaces TricMagic of Bay 12 Forums.)
Sylveone46 wrote:Move to D6, Use Rock throw on D5
HadesTheReaper wrote:move -> C3->C4->D4 then Repair.
Accrovideogames wrote:Move to E4.
Space Jawa wrote:Move to B7; Activate Pistol Overwatch
a1s wrote:Move to D5
Move Phase

Their powerful plasma rifle having been resisted by the behemoth that was now lumbering away, The Assault was looking rather antsy as the other side drew closer. She quickly composes herself, she's seen weirder stuff than this...? The Valkyrie King is forced to maneuver around the unallied Assault. The closest she can get is through the forest, slowing her down. The Knight rears up for a dash to the goal. The Sniper is ready, having waited long enough to find an opening past her shield. But the shot goes wide, and The Knight charges past, smashing through the debris. The Sudowoodo waddles down next to The Knight, his eyes are glowing... The Sniper hops to the other side of their foliage cover. The Boulder Mech stomps over to the goal zone.

Range Phase

The Sudowoodo does what ever it is he was planning to do, which seems to be to make rock after
rock throw
down on the goal zone, crushing The Knight. The Sudowoodo's eyes turn to normal, they look around and see the scraps of debris but also the killed horse and rider. The Sniper aims their pistol forward over the leaves.

Special Phase

The Boulder Mech performs a diagnostic to
repair
but finds no problems. An inconspicuous yellow frog draws near...

===================
|-|- Turn 3-4c -|-|
===================

(a friend's voice) "You are always getting yourself in a pinch like this, I don't know how you have the heart for it."

As the electrified flood waters raged on, something rolled down to the river without notice... The waters were only high long enough to give the object a short strong shock . . .

"Cough!!"

(Pinxed of GameFAQs is now the revived thief.)

"!"

================
|-|- Turn 5 -|-|
================

Score:
2 = WHT Sudowoodo
1 = WHT Boulder Mech
0 = YLW Knight
0 = BLK Assault
0 = WHT Sniper
0 = BLU Valkyrie King
0 = BLU Thief

The THIEF was revived. (late replacement)

The KNIGHT was eliminated.

"Ribbit!"

Frogger (A5)
- Destroyed if stepped on, attacked, or when trying to move on a player occupied tile. Alliance doesn't matter. Revives at boarder.
- Can move up to 3 spaces. Goes first.
- Can only say: "Ribbit!"

FROGGER MODE: ENGAGED: If Frogger ends the turn safely in the goal zone then the player will be upgraded to a random enemy unit (appearing at the boarder, weakest unit of 3 rolls) and can kill a player to revive their original unit. Even if not intending to play as them again, surviving a match and completing a unit's story will grant influence over the next new character roll. A player (or alliance) can also choose to revive a unit as their victory prize.

a1s can now control the YLW Frogger for a shot at coming back.
Last edited by roseheart on Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image"... That wasn't my original intention but okay then."
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image "... wait, what?! Did that... tree... sudowood, whatever, just kill them? Despite me saying to work together?! Ugh, right, well, you have earned monster ranking. As for you, Sniper, don't think I didn't notice that shot! One more, and I'll give you the Atlas treatment."

Image"How was I supposed to know the knight was going to run right into the debris I was targeting?! Actually how about this, stay away from me!"
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:04 am

Post by roseheart »

Image "No! You killed my loyal subject! You'll pay for this!" The Valkyrie then notices the thief being brought back from the dead. "It's an undead!"
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:44 am

Post by roseheart »

Image"... Okay, you know what? I'm confused, scared, and have no idea what's going on, but what I
do
know, is that these star things are important, so here's the deal.... Stay away from these Stars, they're mine!"
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:36 am

Post by roseheart »

"Ribbit!"
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:50 am

Post by roseheart »

Image "That Sage monster is insane. I'll put it out of its misery."

Valkyrie proposes an alliance to Boulder Mech.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:56 am

Post by roseheart »

Image "Hey, lady on a horse, we're going to get through this together."

WHT Boulder Mech accepts.

Image "That goes for you too, Assault and new person."

(Valkyrie King is the alliance captain, and is only one who can invite.)
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image "Ugh... what's going on?"
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image"A lot of things, my suggestion is that you should run away before that idiot on a horse tries getting you killed."
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image Upon noticing that the resurrected thief can talk, the Valkyrie says, "The undead man can talk?!" She then looks at the thief and adds, "You just had a heart attack a few moments ago. You were dead, but you suddenly came back to life. And that 'idiot on a horse' just witnessed that tree monster murder her loyal knight without provocation."
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image"Trust me, it isn't worth it, just run while you can, I have a score to settle with... Who even are you? All I know is that you ride a horse and look like a king,
who even are you??
"
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image "I already told you my story. I'm not going to repeat it."
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image"Right, I must have forgotten it already, perhaps it was about how your mother was a hamster? Whatever, go away! These Stars are mine!"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I’m still not really sure what to do. What action do I post?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by roseheart »

(You are the unit at D2. You post your action in a spoiler. Like the other quoted actions this may involve moving or attacking a space. Your character sheet tells you what you can do. Please post further questions here, in OOC.)
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by roseheart »

HadesTheReaper wrote:Throw Boulder at D6.
Sylveone46 wrote:Move > E6 > E5, Rock throw on D5
a1s wrote:move to C4
Accrovideogames wrote:Move to E5 and cast Excalibur on Sudowoodo.

GM Note: Ranged attacks require a target space, will aim at Sudowoodo's current space.
Pinxed wrote:Move to E4
Move Phase

The sniper aims at something small and yellow.
/3\
The pistol laser misses the hopper. The thief splashes through a puddle getting soaked on his way to the goal zone. The valkyrie king goes around the thief, riding under the legs of her boulder mech ally to also reach the goal zone. The sudowoodo shambles south, grabbing a pink gummi off the ground and eating it as he moves. He is blocked from the goal zone by the valkyrie king.

Range Phase

The valkyrie king withdraws a book...

"Excalibur!"

As the sudowoodo is waddling along, green blades of air slash and impact behind him. He moves out of the way quickly.
(T)
The tomb burns up. The sudowoodo uses
rock throw
on the north-east side of the goal zone, but this time they don't catch anyone moving there. The boulder mech warms up their
rock accelerator
and launches a boulder into the air and it touches down to the east, shaking the ground. The sudowoodo is blasted south by the impact debris.

Special Phase

The thief wrings out their robe, drying off.

================
|-|- Turn 6 -|-|
================

Score:
4 = Royal Knight Errants (Victory next point!)
2 = WHT Sudowoodo
2 = WHT Boulder Mech {RKE}
2 = BLU Valkyrie King {RKE} (Bonus point reparation)
1 = BLU Thief
0 = YLW Knight {RKE}
0 = BLK Assault
0 = WHT Sniper
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by roseheart »

Image"... Fine, you can have the stupid stars, I know a losing battle when I see it... Just leave me alone, please..."
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by roseheart »

"Ribbit!"

Return to “Frogstar World B”