Let's Talk Gacha Games (X% IS A LIE)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:06 am

Post by vonflare »

I used to play F:GO until I realized it sucks and I'd rather play a PC game

Probably the only reason I played so long was my S-tier luck, I have tons of good SR and SSRs
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:30 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 11, Isis wrote: It seems a tricky balancing act for something turn based to be fun.
Not sure about that. turn based games are done extremely well in some instances; see Darkest Dungeon, for an example of amazing turn-based combat.

It's just that gacha games aren't about the gameplay, they're about the loot/rolls/collectable jpegs, so they sacrifice depth
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Sun May 10, 2020 6:40 am

Post by vonflare »

I think the main problem with gacha games is their predatory business model, preying on those who have gambling problems/dont understand statistics/etc

it's an industry I don't feel comfortable supporting
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:42 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 26, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have a fear of gacha games after having had a serious cognitive dissonance whiplash about my spending on one
your mistakes make you who you are, you're a better person for them. instead of regretting your past choices, recognize that you learned from them and feel confident that you're smarter now than you were then.

Return to “The Arcade”