First videogame you ever played

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Mario Party 1
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 7, Ythan wrote:What a good game. I remember the first two to four of those being excellent but got sidetracked somewhere around there. They ever make one you can play online that seems like a good idea.
I didn't play the first game I saw of it. Some of my dad's friends brought it over and they played the yoshi's island map. My dad picked playing as yoshi and came last.
Mario Party 1 had that thing where whoever came in last gets punished and Yoshi got eaten by a fish, traumatizing me and my sisters who were watching.

They eventually gave the system to us where we had the first 3, and Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. Loved the Banjo games too.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 12, Isis wrote:As carefully and precisely as I can rate the console titles, enjoyability is as follows:
  1. First playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  2. Second playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  3. First playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  4. Third playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  5. Second playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  6. Third playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  7. Fourth playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  8. Fifth Playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  9. Fourth playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  10. Fifth playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  11. Sixth playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  12. Seventh playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  13. Sixth playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  14. First playthrough of Yooka Laylee
Nuts and Bolts excluded for being out of genre and I haven't played it and the weird GBA one being excluded because I haven't played it.
I haven't played Yooka Laylee yet. I've heard it's hugely disappointing, but since I'm going in with a low expectation, maybe I'll still like it?
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 18, chamber wrote:
In post 16, Fluminator wrote:I haven't played Yooka Laylee yet. I've heard it's hugely disappointing, but since I'm going in with a low expectation, maybe I'll still like it?
I think it's exactly what it promised to be, but people weren't looking for a late 90's era collectathon in 2017.
I heard a lot of the important game design that went into 90s collectathons was missing from Yooka though.
Apparently Yooka is all about searching every square inch of giant maps to find obscure collectables that doesn't feel rewarding and more like a chore.

Banjo Kazooie had more tight maps, and the 100 musical notes to collect were always out in the open on pathways, so they doubled as waypoints for areas you had yet to explore. Collecting them in and of themselves wasn't the point, it was a means to track and explore new places.
And then you have the 10 jigsaw puzzles which were a mix of challenges to obtain but again they were hard to miss the general idea of where they were. Especially because every level had a central landmark you can always relate to further help you never feel lost.

Banjo Tooie was less tight on map design, but it's not too bad, and the replayability of it is higher even if the first playthrough will be a little more frustrating than Banjo Kazooie.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Yeah, I never finished that one for those reasons. The backtracking was so annoying, and the levels weren't interesting enough to go through them 4 times.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Tue May 04, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Fluminator »

Oh wow.
I totally forgot about lemmings, chips challenges, and tonka. Those were even earlier.

Return to “The Arcade”