Android: Netrunner: The Living Card Game

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, count me interested. I'm a big fan of card games in general, and I got to play a few rounds of this, back in the day. Would love to see if the revival is as good as some of the reviews have made it out to be.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Which leads me to the actual question: How similar is this to the original?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I installed into OCTGN, but all of the text is censored. What's up?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, this is a really neat game. Been making a lot of decks in the builder, and it's fun just to play around with. Corp strategy seems a bit difficult, though
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I would say that it's arguable that NBN has the best ICE already- most NBN Ice does stuff, even if the Runner breaks all the subroutines. Though using some Wayland Ice to make a Shipment from Kaguya splash better could be a neat addition to Fast Advance.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Don't be sorry, you just gave me an idea...

And Big Brother seems far more gimmicky than good, but I haven't really experienced it.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Personally, I'm really loving Wyldside, especially if you have the Pawn Shop to trash it when it becomes a liability. I love to draw cards.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #88 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I'm trying to get back into this; I notice that OCTGN has drastically changed formats since I last played, and I had to mess around with the feed. We'll see how that changes things once I have time to actually play. I was screwing around, and I came up with this as a starter build:

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future
Gila Hands Arcology x2
Accelerated Beta Test x3
Project Vitruvius x3
Efficiency Committee x3
Eve Campaign x3
Adonis Campaign x3
Ice Wall x3
Shadow x1
Rototurret x1
Ichi 1.0 x2
Ichi 2.0 x1
Viktor 2.0 x2
Viktor 1.0 x2
Eli 1.0 x3
Heimdall 1.0 x1
Enigma x2
Rework x3
Hedge Fund x3
Trick of Light x3
Biotic Labor x3
Archived Memories x2

So basically, I'm trying to use Trick of Light/Biotic Labor/Efficiency Committee with Archived Memories to score agendas from hand. In theory, I drop most ICE in front of the central servers, mainly R&D, put econ cards with light ice in a remote server, then score from hand. I'm trying Rework to protect Agendas in HQ that I can't score, just to make life difficult for the runner. I'm still working on a runner deck, though.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #90 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Shadow is just a cheap ICE that works with Trick of Light, is all.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I don't really need to protect Agendas as much as others, since in theory, I'm not installing Agendas at all unless I can score them that turn. I think I'm only at 13 influence right now, though, so I can probably upgrade to something else.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:22 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I like it, but I don't think I can run Hadrian's Wall, here- Ice Wall is a Weyland card, so it's costing me 3 influence to run a set of them; which means that the build you gave me is at 18 Influence. I also want to point out that purpose of Rework is to protect Agendas in hand from runs on HQ, which Jackson Howard doesn't do. That said, Jackson Howard is almost certainly a better card all around, since it's letting me recycle my Biotic Labors and Trick of Lights.

Here's the runner deck I'm working on, if you want to offer criticism for that:
Noise
Sure Gamble x3
Dirty Laundry x2
Forged Activation Orders x3 [6 Influence]
Deja Vu x1

Grimoire x3
Plascrete Carapace x1

Corroder x1
Crypsis x1
Darwin x1
Mimic x1
Femme Fatale x1 [1 Influence]

Datasucker x3
Djinn x3
Imp x3
Medium x2
Parasite x3
Sahasrara x3 [6 Influence]

Armitage Codebusting x3
Daily Casts x2
Liberated Account x1
Wyldside x3
Aesop's Pawnshop x1 [2 Influence]

As you probably saw from the Corp deck, I'm not super familiar with the meta yet, but I think this is a pretty standard Noise deck. Wyldside is exactly the type of card I like, probably due to my MTG experience. I don't know how super necesssary Plascrete Carapace is- is Scorched Earth a thing still? That might need to be the second Deja Vu. I'm only running 1 because I had two spare slots, and I decided to split; with Darwin and Datasucker, I don't know how necessary recycling Parasites is.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:50 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm probably not taking Opening Moves into enough account- I'm mostly trying to figure out what's good by reading available article and tourney reports, and almost none mention Jackson Howard or Opening Moves so far. This will probably require rethinking.

Andromeda might be good- 9 cards to start implies that I'm spending my first turn playing 4 cards?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I would stay away from Jinteki as a beginner; it's all about bluffing the opponent and tricking him into activating your trap card, but it's harder then you'd think to get him to fall for it. I would save Jinteki until you've gotten some familiarity with the strategies of Corps and Runners, so that you'll be able to actually utilize the traps effectively. That said, a properly played Jinteki looks like a lot of fun; I haven't pulled it off yet, but I've seen games where somebody bluffs a Junebug to score agendas in unprotected servers, then do the same thing to make them walk into an Aggressive Secretary.

Return to “The Arcade”