The Mafiascum World of Warcraft Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Mert »

In post 1857, xRECKONERx wrote:so basically... idk what the new mage rotation will look like at all

If I had to throw out a complete guess I'd say it's probably something like 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, oooh a proc, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 :P
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Mert »

Raiding can be hell of fun with the right group of people. You do get the occasional "OMG U SUCK" types of course but if you find a guild with people at roughly your level of ability, commitment, etc then it can be one of the most fun co-op experiences in gaming in my opinion. There's honestly nothing quite like the feeling of finally beating something which seemed near-impossible for weeks and weeks - it's not that you've personally achieved it, it's that it's come from the group working together as a whole.

I've been in both super casual social guilds who only raid occasionally and the properly hardcore progression world top 50 type guilds and they've both been fun for as long as I've been in the same mindset as the other members. I'd certainly recommend giving it a try but I'd also say take your time thinking about what you personally would want to put into it and researching guilds which offer something similar to that. WoW has a lot of faults, for sure, but the feeling of camaraderie you get from raiding is completely unparalleled - I'd recommend that anyone enjoying the game give it a try at least once.

Dammit, I seem to be convincing myself to go back even though I don't have the time or the money :(
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:31 am

Post by Mert »

No way they'd make Thrall a villain. I can see him being painted as the sole good egg in an otherwise murderous Horde but there's no way they'd make him chief antagonist, no matter how Wrynnian a perspective the film takes.

Having said that, I don't think the movie needs to dig too far into the lore for inspiration - I mean, Brann Bronzebeard entering Ulduar to try to learn the secrets of our creation and, in doing so, accidentally unlocking an ancient evil is basically the plot of Prometheus and that movie turned out okay :P

Illidan, Malfurion and the War of the Ancients stuff could also be a decent place from lore to focus the plot - elves are close enough to looking human that it'd still be marketable and a story highlighting the dangers of hubris when it comes to natural resources could be fairly timely I guess.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Mert »

In post 1887, Timeater wrote:movie should be a single-set raid in molten core

Featuring a 20 minute scene in which none of the characters can work out why the dogs keep coming back to life.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Mert »

Anal [Dirk] y'all

Return to “The Arcade”