Magic Finance Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:44 am

Post by talah »

Tappus and Grimjaw would be the cards I'd mainly trade for, you can probably offload all of your Golemfly Hives because the same unmarked card is still being made into the foreseeable future.

I put all my Grimjaws into my main deck and try to have a mix of Forcedome and Tappus in my sub-deck. Actually this has become pretty standard play in the cross-summits, because they're both great utility cards and no problem to burn. If current trends continue these guys will probably go from about $5 right now to a $couple hundred within twelve months or so - a massive return on investment (considering the original production run will only last a few more weeks).
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:30 pm

Post by talah »

In post 19, xRECKONERx wrote:full value is only really relevant in trades or if you're buying the single
True, I learned that when I anted my zpherdramidor in a low-stakes challenge over skype. He wanted that card something awful. I lost the game and then opened a foil to find two of the same - like wtf! So I emailed my opponent and arranged to sell "my other zpher" to him and scored a sweet fifteen dollars from the deal, minus postage of course.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by talah »

Hot tip: Scorched Underworld multi-tap cards peaked at $212 on Wednesday and are sitting just under $200 today. I sold four! (transitioning to a grey deck anyway)

Pick up a few Thrumbold Callis' if you have the extra bucks - just over thirty bucks is a steal, these guys cycle up to about seventy at peak meet season. Everyone wants at least a couple to wipe the smiles off the face of op-ed green/blue deck pros if they have to go up against them.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by talah »

We're the perfect yin and yang.

Return to “The Arcade”