Magic Finance Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ashiok will bottom out around $10, which is when I'd start scooping them up. Because, inevitably, some pro player will top 8 with 1-2 Ashioks either main or sideboard and it'll bump up their value.

Scry lands won't ever be super valuable, so whatever to them.

Thoughtseize will go up a lot, seeing as how the original Thoughtseize is still sitting around $60 but the THS one is at $20ish.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Huh, I didn't know Vraska hit $3. When I pulled a foil one it was around its lowest price, I thought, and the foil was at $30, and usually it's about 2.5-3x as much for the foil than the regular one.

I do see Ashiok dropping incredibly low, though. Nobody likes it, at all, and nobody is impressed. I could see it being run as a one-of in Esper and that's about it. I want it to be good, but I'm not saying it will be. I would still invest in low dollar planeswalkers, though, because eventually you can make that money back.

Also... thoughts on the new dragon? He seems WAY overpriced at $25.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 16, nhammen wrote:So... ummm... how do you sell cards and not get ripped off? I've been trying to sell my Purphoros for a month now. I tried my local store, but they were only willing to give 30% or so of the value. I tried craigslist and got no offers at all. I tried to go on eBay, but saw that doing local only was really complicated and gave up on that. It has now gone down in value by $5 since I first tried to sell it. But my Voice of Resurgence has gone up by $6, so I guess that all works out fine. But I'd still like to sell it before it drops further.
full value is only really relevant in trades or if you're buying the single
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Agreed. Whip seems insanely underpriced.

I'm shocked at how expensive Sylvan Caryatid is right now, but I guess it kind of makes sense. I wonder if it'll spike any further?

Also, just picked up a playset of Prophet of Kruphix at $1.50 each. I think the UG/Bant lists running him that are seeing some successes will become slightly more popular and people will see that he is actually just pretty insane.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I picked up a playset to use in a deck for now, if they go up, I'll trade for other shit I need.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Arcade”