2 Rooms And A Boom

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

2 Rooms And A Boom

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

http://tuesdayknightgames.com/tworoomsandaboom/

So I recently learned about this game at MoS's invitational, and it's a blast.

I ran a game night last night, and played it as I learned it, which is always color reveals and full reveals but have at least a spy on each team (AKA, have a red card but on blue team and vice versa) and possibly a shy guy.

The game night was a blast, but after it was over I went and actually looked at the ruleset and noticed that with the 6-12 players I had throughout the night, I shouldn't have had color reveals.

I also just realized I should have made use of coy boys with the spies.

I also didn't even know about the buried mechanic.

Anyway, has anyone played this game, and if you have, did you play it the way I played it last night or how the official rules say you should?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:44 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 5, Fenchurch wrote:Also, the best opening move seems to be for a 'vanilla' player to public reveal to the whole room and then ask for anyone of their colour to do private full reveals to them, thus shielding any specials from revealing to the wrong team. Which seems a bit boring, but I can't see a good reason not to.
At MoSfaire, only private reveals were allowed. Unless it was for some role that needed to public reveal for an ability.

It works pretty well.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Can I ask what they didn't like about it?

How many roles were in each game?

Return to “The Arcade”