Android: Netrunner: The Living Card Game

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #154 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:35 am

Post by InflatablePie »

esurio got me this for my birthday and we've been playing a few matches. we've tried everything but Noise/NBN so far, and I think I've found my favorite Corp deck:

Spoiler: Weyland (Core only)
Agendas (11 [20]):
3x Private Security Force
3x Priority Requisition
3x Hostile Takeover
2x Posted Bounty

Assets (9):
3x Pad Campaign
2x Snare!**
2x Project Junebug*
1x Zaibatsu Loyalty*
1x Secuirty Subcontract

Operations (12):
3x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Hedge Fund
2x Shipment From Kaguya
2x Aggressive Negotiation
2x Scorched Earth

Ice (17):
3x Wall of Static
3x Enigma
3x Ice Wall
2x Archer
2x Matrix Analyzer**
2x Data Raven**
2x [Shadow/Hunter]

Not sure if I want to run Hunter or Shadow. Hunter is cheaper-rez and higher strength off the bat. Shadow is lower initial strength and higher rez-cost, but it could be stronger if necessary, lets me bluff between having this and Ice Wall (esp since esurio knows my decklist), and nets me credits if it gets run on.

still going to try out the other two factions, and I'll do some reading of my own when I have time, but anyone have suggestions for expansions they liked? preferably ones with good neutral cards I guess. I've already ordered a 1x set of the 2x-coreset-cards because I didn't feel like buying a second coreset, so at least I'll have playsets of everything minus the 'rares'. might need to buy another one eventually for things like SanSan and Desperado, plus it'd be easier to have multiple decks built without repeatedly de-sleeving and changing cards but eh

my favorite Corp decks have been Weyland (see above) and HB. Jinteki's fun but coreset-only seems really weak. Gabriel/Criminal is my favorite runner. esurio prefers Runner and seems to have liked Gabe. prefers Kate/Shaper but doesn't like her coreset cards much. she's liked HB best but has only played that and Jinteki so idk
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #158 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

So my 1x of core 'uncommons' got here, woo.

Did some research into what data packs to buy first, and I've heard that What Lies Ahead is best since it gives better agendas. I've read that Cyber Exodus and Future Proof are both really good early pickups for a decent mix of strong cards (Future for good Criminal+Shaper cards and NBN/Jinteki, Cyber for NBN+HB and decent Runner cards). Probably more interested in Future Proof from what I've read. I also like a few of the key cards in True Colors (notably Keyhole for Anarch, Punitive Counterstrike for Weyland).

Definitely buying WLA, gonna do a little more research before I buy others. I do have like $70ish of Magic cards I'm buylisting (since they're gonna be useless at rotation/rot in my binder otherwise) so I can afford a few data packs easily.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #198 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

started playing again since I found a casual group that plays on Wednesday nights and can balance this and Magic. bought Humanity's Shadow and Trace Amounts, so I now have the first cycle minus Study in Static, and Opening Moves (+1s of the Core 2-ofs).

had some fun with NBN Midseason PsychoBeale (and a shitty Jinteki deck while esurio played NBN) on the corp side and a simple Chaos Theory Dino-Deck for runner.

really need a second core set for both the seconds of Desperado/Grimoire/SanSan, and extras of commons/uncommons so I don't have to cannibalize every deck for Hedge Funds etc/so esurio and I can more easily switch sides when playing back-to-back.

probably just gonna deal with the inconvenience though and save for Study in Static and a big box (prob C&C).

anyone have a way to look at really old meta decks? interested in what was popular around Opening Moves release since I'm probably buying somewhat in release order from here on out.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #203 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:10 am

Post by InflatablePie »

yeah, I was considering going C&C, but I know I'm probably getting SiS eventually for completion's sake.

was thinking of getting a big box/deluxe expansion for each time I complete a cycle, but it's also expensive... plus I want Mala Tempora/True Colors because most of those cards look fun as shit.

also, sidenote, I played against a Nasir deck last night and that guy seems fun as shit. I was glad I was running NBN with 3 PopUps >_>

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #205 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:20 am

Post by InflatablePie »

I've been playing Inside Job wrong this entire time and now I feel dumb. I thought 'encountered' included unrezzed ice.

well that's a lot stronger than I already thought it was >_>

Return to “The Arcade”