pardox games

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:24 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yeah, I've played a lot of CK2, but I play it as more of an RPG than a Grand Strategy; I like concerning myself in the affairs of a medieval family and the like more than trying to conquer the world.

Recently been trying to get into EUIV, but there's a lot of stuff to figure out. Playing as Portugal, trying to trade and colonize, and I have no idea how to optimize trade income and the like. Got a colonist on Cape Verde, though, which should get me to the Carribean and Brazil, I hope.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I know you automatically collect at your home port, yet it seems that you get more merchant power from collecting in your home port; i.e. I get more money by collecting than I get by steering. Besides Safi isn't really worth much. I figure that once colonizing happens, and the Carribean and Gold Coast start forwarding to Seville, it'll become more useful to steer trade. Also, Spain is taking half the money from Seville anyway, so I don't know what's going on.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I always have trouble with a country like Austria, at least in CKII. I like playing as a smaller nation and growing, not starting from a position of strength. I'd be playing as a one-province nation like I do in CKII, except that I've been told that's a bad idea for starting in EUIV.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

If nothing else, I really appreciate the level of detail they put into researching the various places, names, and histories of the countries.

I'm really tempted to try and take up a nation in the HRE, just to see what I can make of it, difficulty be damned. I do think it'll be hard to colonize anything as Prussia, though.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Is that better or worse than blobbing?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've kinda been looking at a game as Burgundy. I figured that got national ideas that gave them bonuses to mercenaries that they'd be able to stand up to the French if they got some good allies. Looks like that'll be an easier task now.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I thought the admin point for coring scaled with the number of cores you already have.

Return to “The Arcade”