Mafia Scum blood bowl

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:34 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I can play, though most of my teams are in the Cyanide game; I have a few teams around 1000-1100 on Fumbbl.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Player name Sudo_Nym, team name Blood, Sweat, and Ears.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Fumbbl is free, Titus. The steam version isn't, but we're not playing there.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yeah; it's not unusual for a newbie on either version of the game to get screwed because they don't understand assists, and neither interface does a good job of explaining if you don't know.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #101 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

[quote="In post 99, MonkeyMan576"][/quote]

Basically, yeah. You can't predict the outcome of every die roll, but you can position your players so as to minimize the risk on your side. A lot of the game is about trying to reduce the number of risks you have to take while increasing the risks the opponent has to take. Which, I grant, can be frustrating, since it's not necessarily obvious how to go about doing this. Nonetheless, there's a reason why good players tend to win consistently in spite of the random factor.

Also, the AI is terrible, and the idea that playing against the AI is in any way indicative of the game's quality is awful.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I sent a PM to buttons; haven't heard back yet. So I suppose sometime after that point.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I think I'm in, I need you to start it.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

What's up?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I can't play atm; I technically was supposed to be working when I played Buttons. Got stuff to do then lunch. But we can definitely schedule something for soon.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #120 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Anyway, yeah, 4-0, because Elves are disgusting, and Wardancers are especially disgusting.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #131 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:58 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yes, but I only have a microphone on my tablet right now, so I have to have advance warning to log on.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #133 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry, but 7:30 in the morning when I'm leaving for work in half an hour is probably a bad time. When I get home, around 4 PST, should work.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #136 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hey, sorry Garmr; there was a brush fire on the side of the freeway, and traffic took forever. I'm home now, though.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #139 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So it was a game that was decided by people rolling 1s and 6s in basically any critical moment.

First half, Garmr recieves, and punches some elves, but gets no joy. Picks up, cages, and tries to make his way diagonally down the field, but the elves are annoying and manage to screen off and keep up. Around midfield, the wardancers manage to chain push to get a blitz on the ballholder, knocking him down, but the ball bounced directly into a Saurus, who rolled a 6 on the catch. This did make things awkward, since the Saurus was stronger, but easier to screen off. Garmr tries to get something going on the sideline, but double skulls. My strip ball wardancer gets the ball free on a -2, but I fumble the recovery trying to pass it back, and get a bunch of players pinned against the sideline. He recovers the ball with a skink after I failed a dodge, but left him on the sideline with no protection so he could punch some elves, and the Skink got surfed, leading to a 0-0 at the half.

3 elves knocked out, 1 recovers, compared to a Sauri and a skink KOed, neither recovers, plus a banned skink gives the Elves a 9-8 man advantage for the second half.

Second half, I get the kick, send a bunch of elves into the opponent's half. He covers all the ones in scoring range, but being down people and wanting to put pressure on the ball carrier, he left some of my short options open. I hand off to one, and sprint to the sidelines. Using a sideline screen, I stall out until turn 6, then score, leaving him 3 turns to equalize.

The kick goes deep, he tries to protect, but too many elves dodge through to harass him. He tries to dodge through using stunty, but falls over. I get a chance to score a second goal, but my lack of experience with the UI means I fail to do a handoff. So the game ends 1-0.

Garmr was good, but got a little unfortunate, with the Saurii armor breaking, the kos not recovering, and getting caught on fouls. I wasn't really a big fan of all the fouling, which is my only major criticism- fouling elves is a good strat, but Garmr was often pulling 3-4 players out of position every turn to get a stomp off, even if it was a rookie lineelf he was stepping on, and even when he was down on the Skinks he'd need to do the ball handling.

After the Nurgle game, where the same sort of thing happened, I get that maybe people just like stepping on elves.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #149 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Blood, Sweat, and Ears go over Angriest Halfmen 3-0. Elves are disgusting when they don't roll 1s.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #159 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

If any of you are interested in joining a Cyanide league, there's a group for beginners starting over here

Return to “The Arcade”