Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3047 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Llamarble »

Hit legend for the first time yesterday spamming midrange paladin!
Played some more today and got to 544; I feel like I can keep climbing but that might be an illusion. Also I'm not sure I'll get to play much more before reset.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3248 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:07 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Shea I did it! So far I've dropped 3 tiers but I am determined to make it a thing.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3276 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Llamarble »

You want a curve?
Turn 2 hobgoblin
Turn 3 hobgoblin
Turn 4 museum curator + echoing ooze
Opponent concedes
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3277 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I've been experimenting with hobgoblin in warrior too - armorsmith, acolyte and the 1/3 taunt guy all synergize well.
I'll share a list once I actually start climbing; I think the current version has stabilized at rank 10.
For a while I was doing deathrattle hobgoblin priest with haunted creeper and baron rivendare and curator having pleasant interactions; that direction has promise but I didn't get it working yet.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4412 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Llamarble »

Meow! Finished top 100 legend (51) for the first time yesterday! I peaked at 25 then lost a couple and decided to coast it out.
Been playing Jade druid - after everyone started playing rogue and priest I took out a spreading plague for a golakka crawler (actually more useful than plague v priest anyway) because plague isn't as impressive a speed bump against rogues (high power minions) as it is against other classes.
# 2x (1) Jade Idol
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 2x (4) Mire Keeper
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (6) Spreading Plague
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (10) Kun the Forgotten King
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation

Spreading plague is still really good and will go back to being a 2 of if the meta diversifies a bit.
I had a really high winrate against the razakus priest decks. I think I was playing the matchup well (either kill them before combo or assemble an unbeatable board the turn after anduin comes down).
For a while I tried dirty rat and it was not bad (killed some velens and ruined a couple quest mages' days) but overall I like tar creeper better when everything is rogues.
My worst matchup was against other druids. The non-jade ramp druids were very hard to deal with and Medivh seems extremely good in the mirror (against priest too!) but I don't have him.
Not sure I could afford him against aggro anyway.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4414 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by Llamarble »

So this month I am trying to learn big priest since if I wanna try a tournament etc.
I have lived the dream and turn 4 barnesed out a y'shaarj who pulls yshaarj and then t5 eternal servitude yshaarj and the yshaarjs pull ysera and lich king
I have also played barnes and had him fetch a 1/1... barnes.......
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4710 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I invested most of my wild collection into Razakus priest and hit legend mixing it and Jade Druid but decided not to try and grind for a high legend finish this season.
Just playing as many games as possible to climb doesn't teach me as much as giving each one some review and study to learn from it.
Jade druid will do a lot better with bonemare and corridor creeper weakened because those cards are really bad news when you don't have a solution to large minions.
I think I'm going to try Harrison Jones as my tech card now to kill the Warlock and rogue weapons I'm sure we'll see loads of. Hits Pally / mage weapons too, so it won't be dead much unless everything is spiteful summoner decks. I experimented with Astral tiger so that oaken summons would always have something to hit and I don't get fatigued by geist, but it didn't seem worth it this season.
Not having Razakus decks to get free wins off of will overall hurt Jade druid a lot though, as will seeing more of the bad cubelock matchup. I might look into a build geared toward fatiguing out cubelock, I've done it sometimes but I'm considering adding deathwing or something.
Wait why doesn't Jade Druid currently run auctioneer... It might be really good now with lesser jasper to help it get rolling and a thinner deck overall, hmmm.
Gonna try some of that.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4713 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Llamarble »

I suppose they are trying to mill you so he might not be
Will try it and see regardless

Return to “The Arcade”