Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Kison »

Finally got the last mark(mega satan) with The Lost. I only learned about a week ago you could have him start with the Holy Mantle by donating a certain # of coins to the greed donation machine. Game changing.

I restarted till I got laser ring tears, got hit with a Tears Down pill, but was able to get: magic mushroom, mini mushroom, pentagram & short range mega tears(this is what really did it).
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Kison »

Not sure. Haven't gotten it yet. Taking a break after that horrifying stint with The Lost. :lol:
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Kison »

Keeper sucks but The Lost is still worse. Here are some tips I picked up:

- His tear delay is horrible which means Tears Up items have a huge impact while Tear Delay items(like the awesome Cancer trinket) that usually are amazing for other characters are almost worthless. With enough Tears Up items you can get back to a normal firing rate. So an item like Number One is really good(as well as making Range Up items actually beneficial).

- The best trinket is perhaps the Swallowed Penny. Free coin every time you get hit, so (1) it's a free regen per hit and (2) you can now max out every Sacrifice Room you find. This becomes infinite money if you are able to get Mom's Box from the shop(2 coins drop per hit, 1 to heal, 1 for profit).

- If you run across a Health Up item in either the treasure room or after defeating a boss, don't grab it immediately. See if you get a Devil Room first. If so, and if any of the deals come at the cost of 1 HP, grab it and then grab the Health Up item.

- Stay away from stuff like Inner Eye & Mutant Spider or anything else that significantly drops your firing rate. It stacks on top of his base firing rate.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Kison »

Two more tips I can think of:

Once you start Keeper with the wooden nickel, I've found it helpful to make sure I go into unexplored rooms with my item charged and immediately activate the item. This means that if you get hit, you don't have to be distracted by using the item, seeing if a coin drops, seeing where the coin drops, etc. Get it out of the way so you can focus on clearing the room and more quickly react to taking damage. If you do this consistently, once you clear the room, your item will recharge and be ready for the next room.

Secondly, about sacrifice rooms. If you run across one & want to use it to get the Uriel & Gabriel fights out of the way, I like to abandon the above strategy for the current floor and instead use my charges in the sacrifice room to load the room up with coins so I have health if the fights go south. Use coins in other parts of the floor to heal from stepping on the spike and only use the coins in the sacrifice room if you have no other options.

Return to “The Arcade”