The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20500 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 20496, Maruchan wrote:Town is officially mobproof
I'm definitely building a house in town once I get my feet under me a bit. :)
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20501 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I prefer to live dangerously. :p
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #20502 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Taly »

James, I have a chest in the middle of the public cobblestone place with redstone for you o:
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20503 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I saw. I’ll take what I need on my way back to the house. I found pupmpkins!
Also, if I could get the coords of the town that would be awesome. I may be lost.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #20504 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20500, Rhinox wrote:
In post 20496, Maruchan wrote:Town is officially mobproof
I'm definitely building a house in town once I get my feet under me a bit. :)
Not only can mobs not spawn in the town, and the wall stops them walking into it from outside, but the wall is spider proofed to stop spiders climbing it. every time I log in, I check new builds with a light level overlay to ensure town remains as safe as possible. This was my number one project so far in the server, giving us somewhere safe. I still need to figure out how we're going to make the path from spawn to town decently safe (not a giant wall like around the town XD), and what to do across the bay on the spawn side of the path to make sure the bridge stays mobproof.

For those who were active in the 2012/2013 era of the MS server, the wall should bring back memories, it is very similar in design, with a few improvements. The gates aren't yet installed (we need slimeballs) however
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20505 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by davesaz »

Don't make the path too safe, I've been using it to snipe for XP.
We just need an agreement that any creeper damage along the path gets fixed. ;)

I wouldn't mind clearing trees back 16-20 blocks from the outside of the wall to allow for hunting. And it might be neat to eventually have a moat to jump into, to go collect the drops/xp.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20506 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:05 am

Post by James Brafin »

Fences and gates might work for the path, and at some point Inferno and I are going to put in street lamps.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20507 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Rhinox »

Should start posting some pictures ;)
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20508 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Maruchan »

be careful in the public mines, there has been a lot of new excavation recently that appears to not be mobproofed, and I don't have the time to fix it all right now.

PS: For all those building right outside the city, may i ask what lead to your decision making process that made you choose not to settle within the safety of the city? It's free for anyone to do so.
Show
Join Now!

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #20509 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

They too like to live dangerously

In all seriousness, I want to have space to do my own thing, and I feel somewhat restricted by the walls.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20510 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by James Brafin »

In post 20509, Inferno390 wrote:They too like to live dangerously

In all seriousness, I want to have space to do my own thing, and I feel somewhat restricted by the walls.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #20511 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:32 am

Post by Taly »

In post 20508, Maruchan wrote:be careful in the public mines, there has been a lot of new excavation recently that appears to not be mobproofed, and I don't have the time to fix it all right now.

PS: For all those building right outside the city, may i ask what lead to your decision making process that made you choose not to settle within the safety of the city? It's free for anyone to do so.
I hope my excavation isn't deemed non-mobproofed :o I've placed a torch about every 6 blocks away from each other in the tunnels, and moreso when I've mined a little hole.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20512 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:49 am

Post by profii »

In post 20508, Maruchan wrote:be careful in the public mines, there has been a lot of new excavation recently that appears to not be mobproofed, and I don't have the time to fix it all right now.PS: For all those building right outside the city, may i ask what lead to your decision making process that made you choose not to settle within the safety of the city? It's free for anyone to do so.
This might have been me - I made a tunnel from my place to the public mine - there are loads of torches in it, but I hit some caverns and probably didn't fully torch them up...

I wanted to make a farm and make it look good, so I wanted a nice flat space of land to do so - I didn't realise the city was an area of safety when I commited to that and I'm not pulling out now :lol:
Xevei
Xevei
Watcher
Xevei
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #20513 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Xevei »

I chose to build my place outside the walls because all those birch stumps scared me. :)

Actually, I like to terraform my area and it was mentioned that the town was planned to be built around natural landscape so I didn't want to step on anyone's toes changing the terrains so, outside of the wall it is.

I've already gotten grumbles about my choice of path materials too. :P
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20514 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:44 am

Post by davesaz »

Grumble grumble ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20515 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Maruchan »

grumble grumble ;)

I don't like the PAIN
Show
Join Now!

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #20516 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Inferno390 »

OK I have a question
Why the @&#$ are people still shoving things in random chests when I'm working on a storage center right now? It's never going to get used where it is rn!
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20517 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by James Brafin »

To those it may concern:
Crimson Dragon Enterprises, afters staring at the starter home across the lake, has decided to begin a community project to create a town hall at that location. All current squatters are advised to find alternate lodgings within the next three days or lay sole claim to that property, else their items will be placed just outside of the construction zone and they will be charged a slight fee. We appreciate your business.
(I.E. Inferno and I are renovating unless someone specifically owns that house. If whoever owns it (which I think is Bulb) doesn't want us to to that, ok. If anyone else doesn't like that, it's a community build, not a place to squat for the entire server life and you shouldn't be living there anyways.)
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #20518 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 20517, James Brafin wrote:(I.E. Inferno and I are renovating unless someone specifically owns that house. If whoever owns it (which I think is Bulb) doesn't want us to to that, ok. If anyone else doesn't like that, it's a community build, not a place to squat for the entire server life and you shouldn't be living there anyways.)
Sorry if this is harsh but this is..... not generally the tone we try to set here.

Firstly, if something's simply ugly, I would think you'd usually
ask
before taking it upon myself to renovate something that somebody else built, no matter how much of a community thing it's intended to be. Secondly, if it's not ugliness that's a problem, definitely ask before messing with other peoples' stuff. Whatever is wrong with the house that makes you feel the need to change it, I don't think that makes it ok to move other peoples' stuff and take some of it (if I'm understanding you correctly) without their permission. Finally, if there's anything the people on MS's MC servers have taught me, it's that you gotta suck it up and accept that not everybody plays like you do. That's why I settled outside of town, and it's why I'd be very much against forcing people out of "community housing," for lack of a better word. It's Minecraft. You can do whatever you want. Let people live in a community house the entire time they're on the server, if they want to. It literally doesn't effect you. Some people spread out throughout an entire riverbend or an entire biome, some people just need a dirt hole or a cobblestone cube and a couple chests and they're set.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20519 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20516, Inferno390 wrote:OK I have a question
Why the @&#$ are people still shoving things in random chests when I'm working on a storage center right now? It's never going to get used where it is rn!
In post 20497, Maruchan wrote:
In post 20464, Maruchan wrote:
In post 20451, Maruchan wrote:
In post 20449, Inferno390 wrote:I’m going to help with the wall as soon as I finish up a few other projects.
And the giant layout over by Daveaz is mine. That’s the storage unit.
Which, btw, I really need donations of birch wood on
What are you planning on storing? That place is huge and we definitely sont have that many materials I even if we combined the belongings if everyone on the server.

Are you doing a double chest for every item that exists in MC? That seems a ted excessive....
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20520 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20517, James Brafin wrote:To those it may concern:
Crimson Dragon Enterprises, afters staring at the starter home across the lake, has decided to begin a community project to create a town hall at that location. All current squatters are advised to find alternate lodgings within the next three days or lay sole claim to that property, else their items will be placed just outside of the construction zone and they will be charged a slight fee. We appreciate your business.
(I.E. Inferno and I are renovating unless someone specifically owns that house. If whoever owns it (which I think is Bulb) doesn't want us to to that, ok. If anyone else doesn't like that, it's a community build, not a place to squat for the entire server life and you shouldn't be living there anyways.)
"Hey these three days right before Christmas that are the most traveled time of the year. Yeah find time to lot in to a game during that away from your family or I'm evicting you."
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20521 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 20518, Maestro wrote:
In post 20517, James Brafin wrote:(I.E. Inferno and I are renovating unless someone specifically owns that house. If whoever owns it (which I think is Bulb) doesn't want us to to that, ok. If anyone else doesn't like that, it's a community build, not a place to squat for the entire server life and you shouldn't be living there anyways.)
Sorry if this is harsh but this is..... not generally the tone we try to set here.

Firstly, if something's simply ugly, I would think you'd usually
ask
before taking it upon myself to renovate something that somebody else built, no matter how much of a community thing it's intended to be. Secondly, if it's not ugliness that's a problem, definitely ask before messing with other peoples' stuff. Whatever is wrong with the house that makes you feel the need to change it, I don't think that makes it ok to move other peoples' stuff and take some of it (if I'm understanding you correctly) without their permission. Finally, if there's anything the people on MS's MC servers have taught me, it's that you gotta suck it up and accept that not everybody plays like you do. That's why I settled outside of town, and it's why I'd be very much against forcing people out of "community housing," for lack of a better word. It's Minecraft. You can do whatever you want. Let people live in a community house the entire time they're on the server, if they want to. It literally doesn't effect you. Some people spread out throughout an entire riverbend or an entire biome, some people just need a dirt hole or a cobblestone cube and a couple chests and they're set.
In post 20520, Maruchan wrote:
"Hey these three days right before Christmas that are the most traveled time of the year. Yeah find time to lot in to a game during that away from your family or I'm evicting you."
Update: 3 days became less than 10 hours and 40 minutes. I hope Bulba isn't upset that you cut down the base room of his lighthouse he was building, because you deemed it not pretty enough.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20522 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Maruchan »

PS: If you used the glass I WAS MAKING in the furnaces, using the stacks of sand I HAD SPENT HOURS ACQUIRING to make these windows I swear to god I will break every last fucking one of them as I am sick of my shit going missing every time I log in
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20523 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Maruchan »

Also there are 4 empty spaces (I use a chest sorter mod that automatically fills every space so blank spaces means SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN MY CHEST) in my LABELED CHEST that SPECIFICALLY SAY TO TALK TO ME before touching. INCLUDING TWO EMPTY SPACES IN MY PRIVATE ITEMS DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH CHEST.

Then my cobble chest which I hadn't yet put a sign on has TWENTY MISSING SPACES, all of my cobble and stone and stone brick reserves went missing.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20524 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Maruchan »

PS: mobproof your shit when you build in town folks
Show
Join Now!

Return to “The Arcade”